THE BROWNS BOARD

Hueless to join Bungles

Canton Dawg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Ian  Rapoport just tweeted. . .

Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

I was just getting ready to post that.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1652354

You beat me to it. Just in time to snake us out for the Cincinnati game.

WSS

32 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Ian  Rapoport just tweeted. . .

Sources: Former #Browns⁠ ⁠ coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

Yeah I read this today too. I think it warrants another thread? I sure am glad Hue went all on the sports talk shows and said their was no discord.

Makes me wonder if he was a secret russian agent for the bengals all along.

Can't say I'm surprised... I may have even mentioned this destination in the Hue Fired thread.

Now the question is: Does Hue replace Marvin at season's end?

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Can't say I'm surprised... I may have even mentioned this destination in the Hue Fired thread.

Now the question is: Does Hue replace Marvin at season's end?

We can only hope. 

I can't think of a more Mike Brown move. 

If Hue became their head coach would the Browns still have to pay him for what's left on his contract? How does that work?

6 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Heard this on the radio earlier today. Will be a good challenge for Kitchens and the offense since Hue basically knows most of our plays. 

Hue didn't know Sheet and even if he did he showed no knowledge of how to use them.

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

He knows most of his plays. Kind of. 

I don't know that the wishbone was in his wheelhouse. 

Pretty sure the wishbone was Kitchens’ brainchild last week, and l’m a fan. Kitchens will have a couple weeks to implement some new pizazz into the offense, and l’m intrigued to see what that will be.

I live near Cincy area, and Hue did have a degree of success down here for a number of years in various coaching roles mostly on the offensive side of the ball. I know we didn’t see much of that though.

I figure there will be some degree of chess matchery going in the minds of both men. 

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I was just getting ready to post that.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1652354

You beat me to it. Just in time to snake us out for the Cincinnati game.

WSS

Yeah, heard it on Red Zone. Of course, the Bengals fired the wrong guy.  Lewis should have gotten the heave-ho after that debacle. Look at it this way- they had an extra week to get ready for the Saints, and got demolished. Three weeks in a row giving up 500+ yards. New Orleans didn't even have to punt the whole game. 

I think even in our worst blowouts of the 0-16 campaign, we never got beat that badly. 

As to snaking us out in Cinci, Hue might know tendencies, but Williams and Kitchens are certainly smart enough to know what Hue knows, and mix it up. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

We can only hope. 

I can't think of a more Mike Brown move. 

If Hue became their head coach would the Browns still have to pay him for what's left on his contract? How does that work?

I would hope Hue has "offset language" in his contract. Meaning the Browns would only be on the hook for the difference in his Browns contract, and what the Bengals decided to pay him. Of course Mike Browns would probably want to pay him minimum wage, but I don't think that's allowed. 

That snake. I hope this whips our boys into a frenzy. Loyalty? This bitch was never a dawg. POS.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

It's also not yet clear if Hue had any positive impact on the Browns.

the only positive impact is he (Hue) Left

would be def concerned about intel he could give the bengals on Baker. But even moreso than that, because pro teams scout opposing QB's heavily anyway...is stuff that maybe doesn't show up that well on tape. Things like this OL doesn't like when you talk about his grandma etc, etc....things that Hue knows gets in guys heads. 

57 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

would be def concerned about intel he could give the bengals on Baker. But even moreso than that, because pro teams scout opposing QB's heavily anyway...is stuff that maybe doesn't show up that well on tape. Things like this OL doesn't like when you talk about his grandma etc, etc....things that Hue knows gets in guys heads. 

Haha idk about you but Baker seems kind of “un-phase-able” 

Archived