THE BROWNS BOARD

The Legacy of a great person and the BrownsBoard it will never be the same

rich4eagle

This will be lengthy but Stan deserves in his absence how his leadership was in  all that happened all these years. Mind you I have mostly stopped posting on the Board for years for several reasons.

Not sure if it was back in 1997 when I first talked to Stan on AO or 1995. Not sure it was 2003 when Stan kicked off the board he which kicked me off buku times only to let me back. Stan and I connected on facebook the last several years while I chose mostly to stay away from his board. He was a great smart good person, we will all miss him and his leadership here. I admired his drive to do things! We spoke many times often.

Back in 1995 Kathy Hutchins and I (probably through AOL) got involved in getting the Browns name to stay in Cleveland and get an expansion team. A fellow from San Francisco named Joe was our third partner in faxing calling and doing all we could to get a new team. Kathy a member leader here on the Browns Board from the beginning passed away a few years back. That was sad. Beanpot who is a current member helped her in her last days. During those years a man named FATDAD( his name escapes me)  who lived in Cleveland started an internet thingy about the Browns. I met him several times at the beach. He passed away in the 2000+ years in Myrtle Beach. The late nineties  are now a blur. The early 2000's are frightening for the mayhem as Kathy would say.  But Stan was part of it and we got a team and the team would start up in 1999. During the those late nineties it was all a lovefest waiting for the team to return. Along that way I interchanged with a person named Ghoolie whom I had spats constantly about everything. We threatened each other.

Then comes the inaugural game in 1999 opening against the Steelers. Well the Browns lost 43-0. Before the game was a tail gate like never before!! A bunch of current members attended. Stan and Roach were two leaders at the tailgate. Zombo was their sidekick. Kathy Hutchins showed up in Orange tennis shoes. Ghoolie and I were prepared for global warfare we ended up hugging and being great friends ever since that day. But is was clear Stan was emerging as our leader.

Through the years we mostly disagreed on a lot things but both decided Tim Couch was a bum. The Jacksonville bottle gate put a bad feeling in Stan's mouth he probably never got over. We would go meet at tailgates once a year when I came to a game. Sometimes having big time parties the night before or after the game. I even hosted a party for the crew in downtown Cleveland after the last game I attended which Kathy and Stan and Zombo attended as well. Stan was always the MAN.

After years of amicability with Stan, I get a call from my great friend Ghoolie last Sunday am. He says I have bad news. Stan has passed. I love Stan for all he did. I regret that we also fought a lot. But we respected each other.

So Stan  built this thing and here it is living well I hope. Keep Stan alive by making this the greatest fan board on the planet. Please adopt his legacy make it stay alive. Place something somewhere about how he loved Mentor High School. Make sure his jersey number one of the Browns DAWG Pound cannot remember if it was Dixon or Minnifield that he adorned stays onboard here. Make sure wherever this site goes Stan is always a part of it. I suggest that for Kathy Hutchins as well as two people that made it happen the Browns and the site. They would both like that to happen!

We have a team that took on great odds to return. Someday the glory will return! That will make Stan Happy!

Do what you can to solace Kathy and his children while they grieve.  

4 hours ago, rich4eagle said:

This will be lengthy but Stan deserves in his absence how his leadership was in  all that happened all these years. Mind you I have mostly stopped posting on the Board for years for several reasons.

Not sure if it was back in 1997 when I first talked to Stan on AO or 1995. Not sure it was 2003 when Stan kicked off the board he which kicked me off buku times only to let me back. Stan and I connected on facebook the last several years while I chose mostly to stay away from his board. He was a great smart good person, we will all miss him and his leadership here. I admired his drive to do things! We spoke many times often.

Back in 1995 Kathy Hutchins and I (probably through AOL) got involved in getting the Browns name to stay in Cleveland and get an expansion team. A fellow from San Francisco named Joe was our third partner in faxing calling and doing all we could to get a new team. Kathy a member leader here on the Browns Board from the beginning passed away a few years back. That was sad. Beanpot who is a current member helped her in her last days. During those years a man named FATDAD( his name escapes me)  who lived in Cleveland started an internet thingy about the Browns. I met him several times at the beach. He passed away in the 2000+ years in Myrtle Beach. The late nineties  are now a blur. The early 2000's are frightening for the mayhem as Kathy would say.  But Stan was part of it and we got a team and the team would start up in 1999. During the those late nineties it was all a lovefest waiting for the team to return. Along that way I interchanged with a person named Ghoolie whom I had spats constantly about everything. We threatened each other.

Then comes the inaugural game in 1999 opening against the Steelers. Well the Browns lost 43-0. Before the game was a tail gate like never before!! A bunch of current members attended. Stan and Roach were two leaders at the tailgate. Zombo was their sidekick. Kathy Hutchins showed up in Orange tennis shoes. Ghoolie and I were prepared for global warfare we ended up hugging and being great friends ever since that day. But is was clear Stan was emerging as our leader.

Through the years we mostly disagreed on a lot things but both decided Tim Couch was a bum. The Jacksonville bottle gate put a bad feeling in Stan's mouth he probably never got over. We would go meet at tailgates once a year when I came to a game. Sometimes having big time parties the night before or after the game. I even hosted a party for the crew in downtown Cleveland after the last game I attended which Kathy and Stan and Zombo attended as well. Stan was always the MAN.

After years of amicability with Stan, I get a call from my great friend Ghoolie last Sunday am. He says I have bad news. Stan has passed. I love Stan for all he did. I regret that we also fought a lot. But we respected each other.

So Stan  built this thing and here it is living well I hope. Keep Stan alive by making this the greatest fan board on the planet. Please adopt his legacy make it stay alive. Place something somewhere about how he loved Mentor High School. Make sure his jersey number one of the Browns DAWG Pound cannot remember if it was Dixon or Minnifield that he adorned stays onboard here. Make sure wherever this site goes Stan is always a part of it. I suggest that for Kathy Hutchins as well as two people that made it happen the Browns and the site. They would both like that to happen!

We have a team that took on great odds to return. Someday the glory will return! That will make Stan Happy!

Great post, Rich. If you are not getting a lot of responses, it is because everyone is over in the other thread, so don't get mad if I merge this.

One correction, I was not at the legendary Steeler Opener tailgate in 1999, so I didn't meet you until later, and I hadn't met Ed yet, either. But I had met Stan and Flugels already in Tampa and was up later that season for my first tailgate. So that was somebody else looking all sidekicky.

But you are correct about everything else, especially about Stan being a great guy and a great leader for us. He was one of my very best friends in life.

Glad to see you come in and say your piece, I've always enjoyed our face to face meetings and butting heads with you in the Fantasy Leagues.

Zombo

2018 Kathy Hutchins Memorial Fantasy Baseball League Champion

5 hours ago, rich4eagle said:

That's a beautiful write-up Rich. People from all around come together together to cheer for the Browns here, and it's all because of him starting this.

I want to say "thank you" to Stan and give my condolences to his family.

This board is more than just a forum, it's become a family. For me it's the first and last stop on the web.

I'm sure that Stan put a word in for us long suffering Browns fans on the other side and just maybe this last game vs. the Falcons that saw us flying high was a shout out for the one who gave us all a voice... 

Mitch Trubisky got the memo and balled out for you boss dawg. 

👑Stan, rest in peace brother. 

10 hours ago, rich4eagle said:

Ditto what Zombo said Rich. Everyone has been posting their thoughts on Stan on the thread that Zombo started. I am going to bed. I still can't get over tis terrible news.

I didn't / don't know Stan......except for what I've read here.  

Obviously, as a Browns fan, I owe him a ton of thanks for all that he's done.  

Very sad.  Waay too young.

Remember this life is short enjoy every minute and work together for common interests. Stan still is the man. This board needs to work as a unit bringing back the glory years. I had the opportunity to enjoy as it was called in the fifties "the greatest show in football" and recently the worst. But working together and being smart can restore something so special most of you never experienced.

Archived