THE BROWNS BOARD

Collection for Stan's Family

Zombo

As many of you know, this Board's founder and owner, Stan "Atenears" Aten (Also posted as "Admin") passed away suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack at his home Saturday evening.

46074332_10215490157880704_4643742434554

Stan kept the board afloat financially from his own pocket and any advertising/merchandise sales that the site generated.

This is the original and longest-running Browns Board, and it was founded by Stan to give us Browns crazies a place to be ourselves and a sense of community no matter where we lived.

We have always been privately owned (by Stan) and free of any corporate ties.

Now that burden falls on Stan's widow, Kathy (Hag2). She suddenly has not only the Browns Board, but Stan's online web and marketing business in her lap, and they shared five kids with their youngest girl still at home in high school.

So we are going to take up a voluntary collection with three things in mind:

1. Send an arrangement to the Funeral Home from the Browns Board

2. Send some food over to the house from the Browns Board

3. Donate the remaining funds to Kathy to help ease the burden of Stan's sudden loss and the impact of funding this board we call home.

Visiting hours are Wednesday in Berea, with the funeral on Thursday Morning

https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/?action=obituaries.obit_view&CFID=7dc52743-cda5-495b-83a7-51a3fced798e&CFTOKEN=0&o_id=5540252&fh_id=10639

Here is a link for you to make a voluntary donation of whatever you think would help ... I appreciate in advance everyone contributing!

Paypal Link Stan Aten Memorial

• Zombo pinned this topic

Just some general information for you guys and gals out there if you have never used Paypal, it's pretty easy.

Paypal is a very user friendly way of paying for things just about anywhere you can even donate to TBB here or Stan's memorial, it's easy.. You can use your credit card, checking whatever home or business accounts.

For more information go to:  https://www.paypal.com/us/home

A screenshot on Paypal, you can use the links Zombo has nicely set up for donations. Thank you, Michael, "mjp".

Screenshot_2018-11-12-12-32-29.png

Well, in less than a day, we have already collected $1,100.00!

Wow ... very generous of everybody.

I'll keep you all updated with the total and what we send out for the funeral and the family.

Warms my heart that everyone is coming together for Stan and his family, just shows that what goes around comes around.

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/89yrdYlQu7

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

I'll keep you all updated with the total and what we send out for the funeral and the family.

Warms my heart that everyone is coming together for Stan and his family, just shows that what goes around comes around.

$1100 is fucking awesome.     I love you guys.

Just now, Zombo said:

Done. I really, really wish I could have chipped in more than I did but it's my small thank you.

6 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Done and like many others here I wish I could have donated more.

You were very generous, and everyone has been very generous. For some people a small gift is all they can do today, and those are probably the gifts that mean the most.

We are up to $1,470.00 .... Truly inspirational generosity.

Z

We have ordered a nice standing wreath for the funeral home and food for Kathy's house: Subs, fruit plate and cookies.

Please continue to donate if you can, because all remaining funds will toward helping out Kathy financially. She just lost her breadwinner and the burden of the Browns Board falls on her as well, so let's give her a boost:

The generous donations have been flowing in, and there have been a lot of nice notes with the donations, so I may put something together with the comments that we can share with Kathy.

We are now up to an amazing $2,945.00 collected! Please keep it coming:

I talked to Kathy just now, and she called to thank everyone for the food, she is going to take it to the funeral home for everybody. She was very emotional and wanted to thank everyone for thinking of Stan, I told her about all of the great comments coming in.

Of course she does not yet know about the flowers or the money we are collecting as she does not come on to the Browns Board, so keep it up, what a wonderful surprise it will be!

Speaking of the Browns Board if things should suddenly shut down, don't panic, While I have access to the on-line Admin panel, I don't know Stan's passwords should I have to contact customer support or something, so if we get a major snafu, we may be down for a while, but rest assured, we will get the board back up and keep it running.

If everything goes blank or something and you want updated please save my email address: Johnmeehan401@yahoo.com and I'll let you know what is going on.

Kathy says Stan had a Paypal account that paid the bills here, and she doesn't even know the password. I told her not to worry about it, that we'd get it all figured out next week, she has enough on her plate now.

She says she will start tackling this kind of stuff on Monday, and if she needs more time than that, we will certainly understand.

I have been contacted by a longtime member about taking over ownership, and hopefully that is the end result, I would love to keep this in house, we just need to figure out the finances and the tech end of it.

Thanks again, guys and gals, your generosity astounds me!

Zombo

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends always but especially today with the calling hours and again tomorrow with the funeral. As I said in my contribution thanks Stan for creating the Browns board which is now my homepage you touched an unbelievable amount of lives and you won't be forgotten.

Our Flowers. Picture courtesy Stan's brother, Tim.

image.png

In addition to his wife and five kids, Stan left behind his parents and four brothers.

Can't imagine burying your son.

But this should warm some hearts, here are the Aten Boys at Stan's favorite watering hole, Maya, last night after the visiting hours.

46264212_10215282514130412_6258871539119

Zombo

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Do you know what cemetary he is being burried at by any chance?  I won't get to go to the funeral, but would like to pay my respects at his grave.

I don't know, but I will find out.

Z

Donated as well. I didn’t know Stan at all but the stories told the last couple days really touched me. I’ve enjoued this board from the day I found it and appreciate his starting it and maintaining it. I’d love to see a Brownsboard “I hate the Steelers” shirt with some sort of memorial reference to Atenears memory. I’d be in for several. 

Well, you guys are amazing. 

We collected $3,050 so far, which is really amazing.

We spent $350 on flowers and food, so Kathy got a check for $2,700.00.

I'm going to keep the donation open, for those who were waiting to give a little bit after pay day, those who haven't heard the news yet, and those that just want to continue to help Kathy out and keep the board running until we get new ownership.

Stan's remains were cremated yesterday after the funeral, please keep his family in your prayers, this will be the hard part ... once everyone goes back to their business and they are left with the loss.

The Stan Aten Memorial is tentatively set for the first home game of 2019, I hope everyone can make it as we raise a toast to one of the Best.

In fitting fashion, this is what Kathy wore to the wake:

46243077_10214856129614407_8502105414194

Archived