THE BROWNS BOARD

"Leave No Trace" movie review

calfoxwc

I rented it and watched it on our big screen tv. It's about a veteran who has PTSD, and he and his daughter live in the wild woods of a national park near super liberal Portland, Oregon. They live survival mode and are happy. Then one day, they get spotted because the gov is outlawing the living in the Park. They track down the father and daughter, who ran and were hiding, but the dog finds them. So, they get taken to town, evaluated the father to see if he's crazy, and then decide they are both fine, and put them into a trailer, and the father works on this guy's tree farm.

Movie goes faster but downhill from there. They escape....other stuff,.... a lot of quiet time in this movie, some interesting survival stuff goin on, more quiet, then finally the end. I had trouble figuring out what the deal was with him always wanting to be away from other people. The movie never explained that. I think the daughter never understood it, either. So that was frustrating, but the environments they end up in are very real, and there was never a time when I gave up on it. I'd give it a grade of 6 on a scale of 10.  I think I would have written the story to tell more of the story.

There are no national parks with any significance size forest near Portland Oregon. You would have to go up to Mount Rainier or Olympia in Washington or all the way down to crater lake to find a national park with any size forest. Maybe it was a national forest but it would not of been a national park 

Archived