THE BROWNS BOARD

92 Effing yards

The Gipper

Nick Chubbs ran 92 yards for a touchdown. This is the longest run from scrimmage in Brown’s history. Longer than anything run by Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Marion motley, Greg Pruitt, or anyone. It broke the record set by Bobby Mitchell. The funny thing is and you confirm this with west side Steve is that I called the shot. I said just before the play that we are going to give it to chubb and he’s going to go 92 yards and that’s exactly what happened.  so like Babe Ruth I called the shot

so far, in the NFL, Nick Chubb is the real deal:

http://www.nfl.com/player/saquonbarkley/2560968/careerstats

CAR

YDS

AVG

TDS

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickchubb/2561021/careerstats

CAR

YDS

AVG

TDS

38 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's been far more explosive than I expected... From what I read pre-draft, he struck me as a dependable workhorse who didn't have that extra gear for big plays. 

He out ran two or three defensive backs who were sometimes the fastest guys on the field so he’s got that gear. 

And for those who still want to say- I say- Carlos who?   

Yeah- it's why some former Browns coaches are currently looking for work. The former HC who I will not name- couldn't recognize talent if it walked up to him and bit him in the azz.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

And for those who still want to say- I say- Carlos who?   

Yeah- it's why some former Browns coaches are currently looking for work. The former HC who I will not name- couldn't recognize talent if it walked up to him and bit him in the azz.  

You talking about the QB murderer? He’s taking his talents north and gonna coach women’s curling🥌🥌🥌🥌

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He out ran two or three defensive backs who were sometimes the fastest guys on the field so he’s got that gear. 

I said "PRE-DRAFT", Gip. 

He obviously has that gear, but he didn't exhibit it last season at Georgia. Probably was still recovering from knee surgery. 

Antonio Calloway still sits #8 overall fastest being clocked at 21.48 mph chasing Saints bomb..Chubby was clocked over 20 mph here..I really like bouncing around in this site..  https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/game-center (click on our gamecenter)  Overall Chubb is crushing it in yards/carry. After being held back by we know who's. Run The damn Rock junkies can't wait 2 more weeks 👍  Perriman is also getting separation & someone is coaching up hand use...     

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I said "PRE-DRAFT", Gip. 

He obviously has that gear, but he didn't exhibit it last season at Georgia. Probably was still recovering from knee surgery. 

Yea, I think it had been mentioned all last year that he had been slowed down by injury. It was kind of why Sony Michel  took over at RB there at Georgia.  Glad he got back "up to speed".

11 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

So glad they didn’t waste #1 overall on a RB when an absolute stud was available in the 2nd. 

Yes. 

This can be applied to EVERY draft, by the way, which is why so many of us wanted nothing to do with using the #1 on Saquon. 

Before the snap on this play, I remember thinking, "If we run it against this defense, we'll get a very nice gain." I'm not sure what formation the Falcons were in, but I remember it looking very thin up front and ripe for the picking. Now obviously I didn't expect 92 amazing yards, but I'll certainly take it! 

Archived