THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker shaded Haley hard after the game.....

Clevfan4life

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

well, i think when hue stated he's thinking of taking control of the offense back........that pretty much gave away that most of the season it was haleys show.

It was completely a battle between Hue and Haley. Haley had to get all of his plays "approved" by Hue. When Hue wouldn't approve them, he would sometimes do the opposite of what Hue instructed. This caused chaos, and Hue's speech of taking back the offense. Both were just trying to win. Hue's 4th down plays, time management, ect were horrible.

Definitely a shot at Haley, but remember Hue invited Baker in during hard knocks to tell him he'd earned the 2nd string QB position. hahaha

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

It was completely a battle between Hue and Haley. Haley had to get all of his plays "approved" by Hue. When Hue wouldn't approve them, he would sometimes do the opposite of what Hue instructed. This caused chaos, and Hue's speech of taking back the offense. 

is this verified?

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

is this verified?

Yes, Hue even says in his presser "He had to approve Haley's plays". But it's obvious Haley went off on a tangent on his own at times and overrided Hue.

I equate it to having a Boss that tells you how to work on a project, telling you it has to be a certain way (his way) when you think your way is the better way. You can either do what you think is ineffective on the project (a waste of time) and get subpar results, or try to do it your way and win. Haley didn't respect Hue, so I get why he wouldn't bow down to him.

Hue's tried to spin it off as there was no discord, and everyone got along fine and just argued a little, but Jimmy called it that.

I don't know if Haley was horrible, and one of the worst OC's ever, or if it was a combination of him trying to be a "hero" and become head coach if Hue was fired. I do know Hue was here for years and Haley was only here a half of a season. Who knows how much control Hue "i'm the captain" had or wanted, and how this affected his staff. Kitchens runs Haley's system, but Kitchens respects Gregg Williams. So in turn, I doubt he'd try to override anything Gregg said, and I doubt Gregg would want to "approve" all his plays on offense.

Personally if i were Haley i'd feel disrespected if i'd been in the league that long and someone had to check and nitpick all of my plays. Who knows what happened between the two.

I only know we're better off without both of them.

The announcers kept talking about how Mayfield looked decisive, but it goes beyond that. The whole offense looks more decisive, it just seems to move downhill. The players look like they understand what they are expected to do, and play like it. Pass plays don't put Mayfield in position to get drilled constantly, and they are designed well and GASP! receivers actually seem to be able to get schemed open. It's night and day. 

20 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

The shame of it is that because of past problems, the Haslams did not feel like they could get rid of a 1 win coach. All the drama was for nothing but good fodder for Hard Knock. He was exactly what he looked to be those first two years.

lets take a step.back before we annoint this a SB team, "again". They played well against a team that likely thought the Browns had thrown the towel in for the season. Rem how high we were before the cgargers came to town taking us seriously? The browns got stomped. They need to put a string of competitive games together before i make affirmative pronouncenents about their staff changes

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

lets take a step.back before we annoint this a SB team, "again". They played well against a team that likely thought the Browns had thrown the towel in for the season. Rem how high we were before the cgargers came to town taking us seriously? The browns got stomped. They need to put a string of competitive games together before i make affirmative pronouncenents about their staff changes

Pride is a son of a bitch...

Hoorta blasted me, but I never liked Haley. I wish the Steelers would take him back. What a difference, not just in performance, but in attitude.

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The announcers kept talking about how Mayfield looked decisive, but it goes beyond that. The whole offense looks more decisive, it just seems to move downhill. The players look like they understand what they are expected to do, and play like it. Pass plays don't put Mayfield in position to get drilled constantly, and they are designed well and GASP! receivers actually seem to be able to get schemed open. It's night and day. 

I don't have stats to back it up, but my eyes tell me we're not running NEAR as many 7 step drops. The vast majority of the passes seem to come out on the 3rd or 5th step. Props to the receivers for getting open, and of course CATCHING it. Also, our OL isn't asked to block as long, and this shows up in our sacked numbers. Wow, who would've thunk it? Of course, we did an excellent job of not getting far behind the sticks, and this makes it easier to avoid the longer drop backs, and it's a credit to our coaches and players to really work on our penalties and our execution. Yeah, we've played some rather poor defenses, but it's still wonderful to see our team make some progress and be fun to watch! 

13 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Yes, Hue even says in his presser "He had to approve Haley's plays". But it's obvious Haley went off on a tangent on his own at times and overrided Hue.

Hue said that AFTER the Tampa game, a game in which more terrible offensive playcalls were made. He said he was gonna start to help out. 

These playcalls were in OVERTIME:

1: double screen as drive starter.

Result: holding, 10 yard penalty.

2. Run play in striking distance on first down after a turnover.

its all bygones now, but your making stuff up talking like that. And your last statement is a FACT.

14 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I’d prefer to revel in the fact we dominated the Falcons in every aspect of the game and kicked their a$$. 

Archived