THE BROWNS BOARD

RIP Stan "Atenears" Aten

Zombo

I have thought often over the last couple of days how much I wish my father in law could be here during this time of the Browns. It reminded me of Stan , who although I never persoanlly knew I wanted to take just a moment to remember again.  His keeping this board open for us through all of the garbage football we have endured has given us a place now to celebrate. I am sure that Stan, my father in law and plenty other of our loved ones are OVERJOYED and celebrating at the Dawg Pound in the sky. Wish they could all be here with us for the season. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Its been a long while unfortunately.

But now I come back and WTF! Pardon me while I mourn a little.

Stan was absolutely incredible to me over the time here on Brownsboard. I was just about to login and tell him that i'm hoping to come down again this FALL from Canada with many friends and was hoping to meet up. I'm so sorry for the members of this board, and his family and friends. Rest in Peace Stan, and thank you again for helping me plan and make the trip to Cleveland years ago and even going so far to offer his personal tickets to a game if my situation was not resolved. Like WOW and he meant it!

I'm going to miss your posts and conversations and will have a drink for you when I go to my next Browns game.......hopefully this year.

*Buster*

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Zombo unpinned this topic
  • 3 years later...
On 11/12/2018 at 10:02 AM, Zombo said:

Flugs,

We go ALL the way back ... the original Browns Board Rat Pack. We terrorized Tampa and the the Flats. Such great memories.

It was great talking to you yesterday and seeing you in Tampa.

When I told Stan we were at the Tampa tailgate together he sent these pictures of a young dapper Flugels with the words "I kept that shit just in case I ever had to have a profile picture when I'm impostering Flug's on a Steeler Forum."

image.png

LOL!

Classic stuff!  Now you know why there used to be a ton of Steeler fans we'd never seen before showing up calling you or me out about some stuff Stan riled them up with.  I used to hit the deck LMAO; and I certainly didn't want to change their frustration level.  I knew what he was doing... 

I can't remember if that was a Tom Collins drink or just beer in that funnel above.  We did both that day.  We were in REAL good shape for the Aldo Nova concert on the beach a little while later.  While the door was still on the hinges, our hotel room at the Days Inn in Daytona Beach opened right up to the pool area.    We threw 1 Hell of a party that 2nd day of the Spring Break adventure.  We just didn't realize it was also our going away party from that hotel.  Hard to believe we had parents that cared about us.

If Stan ever sent that picture above to any of those message boards - I would have said "You Dumb Asses fell for a picture of Epstein from Welcome Back Kotter?"  You had to be ready for the outrageous back in the day.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

Classic stuff!  Now you know why there used to be a ton of Steeler fans we'd never seen before showing up calling you or me out about some stuff Stan riled them up with.  I used to hit the deck LMAO; and I certainly didn't want to change their frustration level.  I knew what he was doing... 

I can't remember if that was a Tom Collins drink or just beer in that funnel above.  We did both that day.  We were in REAL good shape for the Aldo Nova concert on the beach a little while later.  While the door was still on the hinges, our hotel room at the Days Inn in Daytona Beach opened right up to the pool area.    We threw 1 Hell of a party that 2nd day of the Spring Break adventure.  We just didn't realize it was also our going away party from that hotel.  Hard to believe we had parents that cared about us.

If Stan ever sent that picture above to any of those message boards - I would have said "You Dumb Asses fell for a picture of Epstein from Welcome Back Kotter?"  You had to be ready for the outrageous back in the day.  

Great story...

• Thanks 1