THE BROWNS BOARD

RIP Stan "Atenears" Aten

Zombo

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Board stuff aside- this is why even though we might disagree- It's why we're here. this is one big family. Drawn together because we love the Browns. (some may not admit it, but deep down you do) We've lost folks- some that don't post anymore like Rich or Bees Indy, and some that have gone on to a better place like Fat Dad and Kathy Hutchins.

There's many, many great guys I would have never gotten to know as friends if not for this board.

So RIP Stan- that win today was for you.... 

Thank you so much for the call today, brother. It's been ages since I heard your voice, and at the same time it was only a moment ago.

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Very emotional win today.

These are some of the best posts ever on The Browns Board, and I'll get back to all of you tomorrow.

For now, I'm just going to enjoy my beer and Fireball in my "I Hate The Steelers" tshirt and think about the one thing Stan bitched about for 20 years: "I just wanna see the Browns play a solid game for 60 minutes on both sides of the ball" ... He got that today.

Z

Thanks for reaching out to me, John. This is beyond words, and beyond tears.

Today's game was thunderous. 

• Like 1

I met Stan around 2003-2004 shortly after finding this board. I was welcomed immediately at my first tailgate and Stan and I hit it off right from the start (like he did with so many others). He was such a jokester that I actually didn't believe the news of his passing when Kathy messaged me (for which I now feel terrible). There are so many great stories we can all tell about our times with Stan, and so many that we have heard about him from others during our tailgates. He was truly one of a kind with an energy, and unmatched whit and will be terribly missed. 

One thing Stan told me recently sums him up perfectly. He told me not to do something halfway. If you are going to do something you have to always be all in. 

After all,  that is what he did with his family, his friends, his coaching, his work........

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this very trying time. I wish you all the very best. 

Stan will never be forgotten!

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2018 at 6:56 AM, Furnier said:

This is absolutely horrible news. I never knew a more dedicated advocate for Cleveland, Cleveland Sports, Cleveland Fans and no one was more fun to be around. There are people that just bring life and excitement to everything they do and that was ALWAYS Stan. I am blessed to have known him for 22 years and to have been able to call him my friend. This is a huge blow. It takes a lot for me to be speechless but I really am at this moment God Bless you man, God bless your family and thank you so much for this forum, for the tailgates, for all the sparring matches dating back to the AOL days. You good sir are irreplaceable. 😪😪😥

Hey Doug, without Stan, I would have never met you or anyone else on this Board, it is amazing how many people one man brought together over the Browns!

Z

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/11/2018 at 6:57 AM, Bob806 said:

It is very sad indeed. I happened to be there on duty, our best efforts couldn't revive him. 

Kathy is strong but she may need our help. Prayers to her and their family.

You have a tough job, Bob, especially when it comes to someone you know.

Thanks for being there for not just Kathy, but so many families..

Z

• Upvote 3

On 11/11/2018 at 8:06 AM, The Gipper said:

Keep us informed of any services that may be held if you please thank you

Thanks, Gip.

Here is details on the service:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/stanley-aten-obituary?pid=190716476

Here is a Browns Board collection if anyone wants to help out Kathy and the family:

https://paypal.me/pools/c/89yrdYlQu7

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2018 at 8:11 AM, hoorta said:

Not the kind of news you want to wake up to....   Guy that kept this place running. Too soon gone... :( :( :( 

You want to talk about a total shock. I was just looking at my mail, and a post from Stan on FaceBook about Mentor.  

We really are a big family, I remember the first time Stan met you and he said, "You're going to love this Hoorta guy, big glass of wine in his hand" ... and he was right!

Thanks for being there, Larry, and for helping keep this old forum going ...

Z

On 11/11/2018 at 8:11 AM, Browns149 said:

Very sad news. I didn’t know the man, but I’d like to thank him for starting, and maintaining this forum.

THANK YOU, SIR

RIP

I'm not allowed to make any more "reactions" with the icons today ... who set that up, Skippy??

But for the record, I am reading and appreciating all of these responses ...

Z

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2018 at 8:15 AM, Flugel said:

CRUSHING NEWS! 

There's 2 reasons the old AOL board back in 98 felt like THE place to call home were you and Stan (ATENEARS). You 2 knuckleheads never agreed on anything,which brought to life a level of oneupsmanship entertainment I had never encountered.  Hilarious from the get-go! 

Stan hated Tim Couch while you were handing out Guinness Beer to anyone joining you, me and Hoorta in Camp Couch.  Stan was one of the funniest smart assses I had ever seen.  He attacked my first Tim Couch Makes Sense post with a fine tooth comb; and I knew I was never leaving. Then came the temporarily outspoken male cheerleader from Kentucky with the screen name TOPJOCK and a creepy groinal warming for Tim Couch. Next thing I know half our board was in the penalty box with TOS Violations. Stan vowed to us he was going to start a board some day that gave us as close to anything goes as possible with freedom of speech.  And here we are - what it is....

The biggest thing I remember about Stan was no matter how much we disagreed and busted balls in here - he opened his house up to you and me (and a slew of others that lived out of town).  He brought a whole bunch of people together from as far east as England and as far west as California. It was great to meet guys like Hoorta, Ed (Roach), Furnier, KSHutchins, Gumbodog34, the legendary FatJeff and so many others. It got to the point where you, me and Stan got together almost every year for training camp visits, scrimmages (ie: Edinboro, Rochester) or weekend road trips home/away games. Unforgettable fun!  When he asked me what the game plan would be in our first tailgate down in Tampa in the preseason of 99 - I said "Tell you what - we're not leaving until Zombo's heaving."  To which he replied, "I'M THERE!"  I'm still meeting and partying with great long-time fans like Canton Mike, RifferX, Calfox, WSS, Gipper and others in recent years. 

When Stan coached kids in baseball, playing time had nothing to do with how good the kid was.  It was all about how HOT the kid's mom was.  And he taught sportsmanship the way you'd expect him to with this classic epitome of the guy: "WE DON'T SHAKE THEIR HANDS UNTIL AFTER WE'VE KICKED THEIR ASSS!" The first time he ever mentioned his WIFE - he called her "THE TOOTHLESS HAG."  When he got remarried it evolved into "HAG2." 

Our world here lost a GREAT dude!    I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I'll never forget him!

Flugs,

We go ALL the way back ... the original Browns Board Rat Pack. We terrorized Tampa and the the Flats. Such great memories.

It was great talking to you yesterday and seeing you in Tampa.

When I told Stan we were at the Tampa tailgate together he sent these pictures of a young dapper Flugels with the words "I kept that shit just in case I ever had to have a profile picture when I'm impostering Flug's on a Steeler Forum."

image.png

LOL!

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2018 at 9:45 AM, calfoxwc said:

Of the guys I have met on this board in person, never got to meet Stan. I've conversed with him a few times - he was great in responding over a few other tragedies. God Bless to all his family and friends - this board has existed for so long because he cared.

Cal, I will never forget him giving you shit because one year you came down for a Browns game but hit the "sidewalk sales" instead of coming to the tailgate.

He was just like a big dog that wanted to jump on you and lick you, lol.

I enjoyed meeting you, I guess Stan wasn't there that year, he got kinda detached from the tailgates the past few years, but he put in his time, and his legacy lives on.

Z

On 11/11/2018 at 9:58 AM, bermeck08 said:

I'm shocked.

From the beginning (AOL) days - Stan was the foundation and was always there 

When I traveled back to Cleveland for a game - Stan was there and made sure it was always a good time .

stunned.

Bermeck (RIP, coach)

Good to see you on here, Bermie ... we've had some good times on this old board over the years!

Z

On 11/11/2018 at 10:01 AM, Tour2ma said:

Thanks to Zombo pointing them out, I met Stan and Kathy once, and briefly, in the lobby of the Hollywood Beach hotel we stayed in for the Fins road trip a couple years ago.

Short visit with a warm couple of puzzle pieces that just fit together. Chat with them for five and you came away feeling like you'd known them forever.

Made me wish I had...

I'm glad you got to meet them, Tour.

Even though Stan didn't post much anymore, he watched what was going on and was impressed with what "new" guys like you brought to the board.

If I wasn't so damn hungover that morning I would remember intorducing you to Stam and Kathy. Unfortunately, my memories consist of the noise of Captain Cody Parkay's kick bouncing off the uprights, and that Jarvis Landry guy running into the end zone, beating us in a very winnable game..

Z

21 hours ago, Mark O said:

Like Zombo....I go all the way back to the AOL boards with Stan and because of him, I have close friends that I talk to every day despite living all over the world away from each other.    He's the reason why we are all friends and still make a trip to cleveland each year to this day.    Still remember the conversation he and I had way back when about starting this board and could it be something that would last and have people visit.   Who knew at that point it would turn into THE place to talk about the Browns online and that as well is thanks to him for keeping this place going all these years.

Hard to believe it's real.

I'm not sure we ever volunteered to be moderators, either, he just assigned us ... and we never left.

Z

21 hours ago, Zombo said:

Lot's of folks have asked ... Yes, we will set something up for the family. We will collect for for flowers, plant, donation, etc. for the funeral, and then we will also collect some money for Kathy,  I don't know their financial situation but collecting some money so she doesn't have to worry about keeping the board afloat until we figure things out would be the proper gesture I think.

I will do a Paypal thingie later.

Go Browns ... Win one for Skippy ...

Zombo

And they won! Thanks, Skippy!

For those that want to donate ...

https://paypal.me/pools/c/89yrdYlQu7

I don't get in here as often as I once did.  Came in to share the win, and see this.  Horrible.

Stan was as nice a guy as you could ever want to meet.  We bonded over baseball as both he and I coached the game.  I remember attending functions where he and his league were raising money.  All the tailgates.  He and his wife driving me to a Cavs game that Ed hosted.  Got to see him at 1 game last year.  He was at the Flatiron and we talked for 30 minutes.  Just a chance meeting, but one I will remember forever.

Sometimes life really sucks, and this is one of those moments.  My prayers and thoughts are with Kathy and his family.

Wow.  Sad indeed.

20 hours ago, Chicopee John said:

At a loss for words.

Despite the miles between us, I always considered Stan to be a good friend.  

Whenever I traveled to Cleveland, he opened his house, etc. to me.  Always a gracious host and a kind man.

Stan, absolutely, loved his children

God Bless Stan and his family

Good to "see" you, John.

You were one of the originals and a big part of the family, Stan would be glad to see you still on here after all these years, he spoke highly of you!

Z

18 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The stories about how Stan created TBB as an AOL off shoot I think have been shared a lot, by more than one of us. I think however the reasons Stan created TBB have not been shared, or at least put up on a pedestal properly.

Many think that Stan’s love for the Browns is the fuel that formulated this place, but it isn’t, and it really never was. Oh, for sure, the unfair treatment of our core AOL group helped instigate Stan’s effort, for we AOL posters were being treated the same way NFL refs have treated our team. However, if you want to really learn something about Stan, I hope you will read along as I share my own personal journey with him.

Nearly 2 decades ago Stan pulled together a phenomenal tailgate for the Inaugural 1999 return of the Browns. He enabled many cyber friends to cross into the realm of real-life friendship. He enabled me to turn my once online hated rival Rich4Eagle into a beloved friend. Stan’s efforts brought me many other personal and lifelong pals, West Side Steve, Flugs, Chicopee John, I still think Hoorta and Zombo, and many others.

Oddly, at the 1999 inaugural, I barely introduced myself to Stan. We were antagonistic to each other. Both perhaps not enamored with the other’s ego. It was not until we discovered our mutual interest in Las Vegas years back that our friendship really grew and soared.

How sad it was this morning for me to receive a message from Zombo that my suspension had been lifted. I say that because his message also included the horrible news that is at this moment ripping a piece of many our hearts out.

Some might say, “how odd that Zombo would reach out to Ghoolie, I thought those guys hated each other.” Hmm, and now, we can begin to see why Stan created TBB.

A few years ago when I wrote an Irish composition for John (Zombo), Stan told me in Vegas that I was gay, that Zombo was gay, and my love song to him was proof positive. All kidding aside, the real story here is that it was TBB that facilitated that song. It facilitates a hell of a lot of our songs.

Stan created this place out of his love for people, for knuckleheads, for every odd nut, bolt and spacer that ever cheered for, cursed, and scratched their heads over the Browns. Stan created for us the real life “Cheers”, a place where everyone knows your name. Zombo, Hoorta, Ghoolie, WSS, Stinkhole, Vagitron, Gunz……

To the dismay of many, Stan and I seldom talked about TBB, and it was Stan who asked me to be here, not the other way around. However, Stan didn’t ask me to be here because he knew I was so great that the board couldn’t get along without me, no, he knew that I, me, Ghoolie, could not get along without TBB and my dear friends; friends who know me away from the Ghoolie schtick. On several occasions I asked Stan to change my screen name to Tom. He refused. In fact, Zombo changed my name back from Vesna Kociper, because to my extreme humility he felt Ghoolie needed to remain a part of our place.

In recent times, like me, Stan had fallen out of love with the Browns, even saying to me that I was right to want the new team to be named something other than the Browns. The reasoning being so that the new owners didn’t get a free ride and take advantage of our undying love for what had come before. But Stan was wrong, and I was wrong. The “Browns” whatever that is, is us. Pure and simple, it is us, and my beloved friend Stan Aten created a place for us.

Stan and I planned to post a picture of he and I wearing Las Vegas Raiders shirts in Vegas this coming winter. Two weeks ago we were each in Vegas at the same time, but missed each other. My God, that is yet another spear in my heart. I was so close, so nearby Stan and Kathy, and we missed signals. However, at the end of the day, Raiders joking aside, we talked about us. You, me, the knuckleheads, the oddballs, the fans who just need a place where everyone knows their name.

Stan…………..I know his name……………I knew him and I loved him.

God Bless you Stan, us, we, everyone here will never forget your name.

Very nice, Ghool.

Stan knew you were a royal pain in my ass, but he also knew the Brownsboard needed a mix of flavors to keep it real ... Somehow we are both still here, and thanks for keeping it real.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, roach said:

Dear Stan,

As you know, I worked for a company that was mainly a sales organization.  As an executive I had to write many many letters of tribute or congratulations to our field salespeople or employees.  Letters such as those were always difficult as it is not one of my strengths.  This one will come easy for me.

I miss you man.

I know it's been only one day, but I miss you.  I'll never forget how we met.  First on the AOL board, then you attending our preseason tailgate party in 1999.  It was at that party that we decided to open it up, to include all of our AOL friends.  You did the leg work, Don and I did the cooking.  Thanks to you, I've met so many wonderful lifelong friends at these parties.  I'm not going to mention them as the names are far too many.  But, if they're reading this, they will know who they are.

The parties grew and were a blast.  We entertained groups as small as 12 and as large as over 100.  You were the General and we were your lieutenants.  Thanks to you I've met terrific people from coast to coast, Canada, Mexico, and overseas.  We met new friends together, we got drunk together, and we even had our cars broken into while we were at the game together.

I was honored when you asked Don, Carl and I to cook at your wedding party. We had a blast and that was the first time that I met your beautiful bride, Kathy.  The two of you were, and have always been a wonderful couple.  I've never met a couple like you that had so much fun laughing at each other and with each other.  Our families have shared so many good times from Berea to Panama City Beach.

Stan, I know from talking to Kathy, Alexis, Shannon, Trevor, others and my own experiences over the years what a great and caring father you have been.  Your family's hearts have never been heavier than they are today.

As I walked back from the Stadium today, I thought back to the all the same walks we made together.  Today was a tough walk for me because, even though we won, I walked back without one of my fondest friends.

I miss you man.

Ed

Very touching, Ed.

I knew from the very first tailgate, as Stan and I held our beers firmly and watched you empty the "100 pound grill", that I had found "my people"

I came up for a Browns game, and left with a great group of lifelong friends.

Z

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I don't get in here as often as I once did.  Came in to share the win, and see this.  Horrible.

Stan was as nice a guy as you could ever want to meet.  We bonded over baseball as both he and I coached the game.  I remember attending functions where he and his league were raising money.  All the tailgates.  He and his wife driving me to a Cavs game that Ed hosted.  Got to see him at 1 game last year.  He was at the Flatiron and we talked for 30 minutes.  Just a chance meeting, but one I will remember forever.

Sometimes life really sucks, and this is one of those moments.  My prayers and thoughts are with Kathy and his family.

Wow.  Sad indeed.

Glad you stopped in, Russ, even if it was awful news.

I always enjoyed seeing you at the tailgates, and I know Stan did too. We had quite a cast of characters and he just wanted all of us together always!

Z

Thanks everyone for the posts, wish I could respond to you all, but I have this "job" thing that unfortunately will keep me from Cleveland this week as well. Anyone that is up there that can stop by the funeral home, that would be awesome, and mention the Browns Board to Kathy, she will get a kick out of it.

Z

A lot of people who have not been on here much lately have popped in to give their condolences, and to tell their tales.

Here is hoping that they will not such strangers in the future,   Bermeck, Riffer X, Ballpeen, Chicopee John, Roach, Sperk , Furnier...I am sure I missed a few.   Too bad it had to be this event for you all to check in.

I too go all the way back to the AOL Board days with you all.  (my screen name then was Atty460).  I don't specifically remember Stan from those days, but I remember a number of you.   I think I may have actuallys started  the "change the name of trolls"  tradition, as I recall, at that time there were a lot of arsehole Ravens fans on our Browns AOL board, thumping their stupid chests over the fact that they were successful, somewhat, in having their government pay bribes to Modell to try to move the Browns there...as if that was something they had a right to be proud of.  I gave them what I called "Delta Chi" names, after the Animal House fraternity tradition.  But my alternate names for them were by no means complimentary.

When this Board was created, I was among the first to sign on, as I think my membership back to the original startup date or like the next day.  However, I was for some time one of the few holdovers on the AOL Board. There were only a smattering of posters there near the end for me. In fact, there were more Steeler trolls than Browns fans I think. The Ravens gaggle had basically dissipated,  The end finally came for me when I got reported to AOL by a gutless Steeler troll because I told him that he should get up close and personal with the product that Messrs. Smith and Wesson had produced. So the thought Nazis over there kicked me off pretty much permanently.  I stayed on at AOL because it had a format that I was just familiar and comfortable with, and I was not so comfortable with this format, even though I was a member for some time.  I even patronized something called the Diva Boards, if any of you remember that.  But that too was going downhill, and WSS then convinced me to start coming on here, even though I hadn't been as familiar.   Thus, I missed the whole Anderson/Quinn wars on here that  all you all have talked about so much; so I think I started really coming on here only after that big schism.   So, it was only after that that I became a regular here, so while I was familiar with many of you for some while, you were just names on the board to me.  (Except for Steve, of course whom I have known since high school).  It was not until he invited me along to one of the tailgate parties that I got to put some faces with some names....and especially  Stan, Z, Ed, Larry and a few others. At that point I too was just a name to all of you, but since then, I have gotten to know many of you, and have come to appreciate you all as people and as Browns fans.

So, while this thread commemorates our Board's founder.......rightly so....let it also commemorate all of us and the camaraderie that we have all come to enjoy...and hopefully continue to enjoy.   And that is why I emplore all those who have been away from the board for so long to please make some regular appearances here, just to let us know that you are still upright and breathing...and that you are still adamant Browns supporters.  And it wouldn't hurt for you to help out kicking a few Steeler trolls in the keister.  And, also, to them, let me say that we here also appreciate you being a part of this friendly...or not so friendly :P  rivalry. 

So, let's all drink a cyber toast to Stan...and hope that soon we can get together and do a real one.

tumblr_p08h7oUNdZ1qmob6ro1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I''m sorry for the loss..... My condolences go out to the entire family and , all of us here.... Pull a few more strings up there ,Stan. RIP....

Damn. I realize now I’ve been pretty much lurking on this board since 2002, back when Shep was a prime protagonist— and actually a hell of a nice guy in real life. 

I came out on my way to LA for the season opener against the Bengals in 2005. 

I knew nobody at the tail gait and I doubt anyone recognized my handle. Very awkward! Stan took me under his wing, treated me like a long lost brother. Introduced me to Z, shared a glass of wine with Larry, spent the longest time shooting the Sheet with Rich (whatever happened to Rich). All the time Stan just kept checking in me, the introverted new guy who was definitely out of his comfort zone  

People who know cannot under my loyalty to this team after all these countless years of losing and frustration. And it’s hard to explain  

But you guys, you are what it’s all about. The Browns, the Browns Board, Stan, Zombo, roach, Gip (though we’ve never met), those are the ties that bond. 

Rest In Peace Stan. I’ll never forget your kindness. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

A lot of people who have not been on here much lately have popped in to give their condolences, and to tell their tales.

Here is hoping that they will not such strangers in the future,   Bermeck, Riffer X, Ballpeen, Chicopee John, Roach, Sperk , Furnier...I am sure I missed a few.   Too bad it had to be this event for you all to check in.

I too go all the way back to the AOL Board days with you all.  (my screen name then was Atty460).  I don't specifically remember Stan from those days, but I remember a number of you.   I think I may have actuallys started  the "change the name of trolls"  tradition, as I recall, at that time there were a lot of arsehole Ravens fans on our Browns AOL board, thumping their stupid chests over the fact that they were successful, somewhat, in having their government pay bribes to Modell to try to move the Browns there...as if that was something they had a right to be proud of.  I gave them what I called "Delta Chi" names, after the Animal House fraternity tradition.  But my alternate names for them were by no means complimentary.

When this Board was created, I was among the first to sign on, as I think my membership back to the original startup date or like the next day.  However, I was for some time one of the few holdovers on the AOL Board. There were only a smattering of posters there near the end for me. In fact, there were more Steeler trolls than Browns fans I think. The Ravens gaggle had basically dissipated,  The end finally came for me when I got reported to AOL by a gutless Steeler troll because I told him that he should get up close and personal with the product that Messrs. Smith and Wesson had produced. So the thought Nazis over there kicked me off pretty much permanently.  I stayed on at AOL because it had a format that I was just familiar and comfortable with, and I was not so comfortable with this format, even though I was a member for some time.  I even patronized something called the Diva Boards, if any of you remember that.  But that too was going downhill, and WSS then convinced me to start coming on here, even though I hadn't been as familiar.   Thus, I missed the whole Anderson/Quinn wars on here that  all you all have talked about so much; so I think I started really coming on here only after that big schism.   So, it was only after that that I became a regular here, so while I was familiar with many of you for some while, you were just names on the board to me.  (Except for Steve, of course whom I have known since high school).  It was not until he invited me along to one of the tailgate parties that I got to put some faces with some names....and especially  Stan, Z, Ed, Larry and a few others. At that point I too was just a name to all of you, but since then, I have gotten to know many of you, and have come to appreciate you all as people and as Browns fans.

So, while this thread commemorates our Board's founder.......rightly so....let it also commemorate all of us and the camaraderie that we have all come to enjoy...and hopefully continue to enjoy.   And that is why I emplore all those who have been away from the board for so long to please make some regular appearances here, just to let us know that you are still upright and breathing...and that you are still adamant Browns supporters.  And it wouldn't hurt for you to help out kicking a few Steeler trolls in the keister.  And, also, to them, let me say that we here also appreciate you being a part of this friendly...or not so friendly :P  rivalry. 

So, let's all drink a cyber toast to Stan...and hope that soon we can get together and do a real one.

tumblr_p08h7oUNdZ1qmob6ro1_500.gif

prod_2118849212Remembered Joy
Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free!
I followed the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all...
I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life’s been full, I’ve savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one’s touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don’t shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

A toast to Stan: Stan, May you get to Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Without ever meeting any of you guys, and never talking to the man, I consider the ones I have conversed with pals, even Ghoolie. 

Prayers to his wife, children, family, friends, and all of you guys who knew him. Its never easy losing someone close, even harder when it is unexpected. 

Father, we pray that you take care of Stan, like we know you will. And we pray you ease the hearts of all those he left behind and help them get through these tough times and celebrate all the good times he had. Amen

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alporcini said:

Damn. I realize now I’ve been pretty much lurking on this board since 2002, back when Shep was a prime protagonist— and actually a hell of a nice guy in real life. 

I came out on my way to LA for the season opener against the Bengals in 2005. 

I knew nobody at the tail gait and I doubt anyone recognized my handle. Very awkward! Stan took me under his wing, treated me like a long lost brother. Introduced me to Z, shared a glass of wine with Larry, spent the longest time shooting the Sheet with Rich (whatever happened to Rich). All the time Stan just kept checking in me, the introverted new guy who was definitely out of his comfort zone  

People who know cannot under my loyalty to this team after all these countless years of losing and frustration. And it’s hard to explain  

But you guys, you are what it’s all about. The Browns, the Browns Board, Stan, Zombo, roach, Gip (though we’ve never met), those are the ties that bond. 

Rest In Peace Stan. I’ll never forget your kindness. 

Al, I remember it well ...

222162_1026037847477_7530_n.jpg?_nc_cat=

Zombo, Hoorta, Alporcini, Roachmaster, Atenears

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

Very nice, Ghool.

Stan knew you were a royal pain in my butt, but he also knew the Brownsboard needed a mix of flavors to keep it real ... Somehow we are both still here, and thanks for keeping it real.

Zombo

That was a home run grand slam Ghoolie