THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Falcons Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, well disciplined, team win against a hot team. We won all three phrases today... plus had a dubious review go our way.

As the broadcast crew said, "A team can build on this kind of win."

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Nice, well disciplined, team win against a hot team. We won all three phrases today... plus had a dubious review go our way.

As the broadcast crew said, "A team can build on this kind of win."

Only four penalties in two weeks since Hue left. Can’t be a coincidence? 

And as someone mentioned early... the playcalling and unveiling of our "full-house-shotgun" was very good.

Only play call that furrowed my brow was the 3rd'n'one in our opening drive. Instead of going "jumbo" we tried the "Baker's confused" direct snap cutesy shite.

ATL came out to stuff the run and make Baker beat them. Something he might well have done, but we'll never know since Kitch kept pounding until the wall broke.

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And as someone mentioned early... the playcalling and unveiling of our "full-house-shotgun" was very good.

Only play call that furrowed my brow was the 3rd'n'one in our opening drive. Instead of going "jumbo" we tried the "Baker's confused" direct snap cutesy shite.

ATL came out to stuff the run and make Baker beat them. Something he might well have done, but we'll never know since Kitch kept pounding until the wall broke.

I'm guessing some of our younger "Madden" influenced fans that think you can't win in today's NFL by simply running the ball and playing solid defense might have a different outlook right about now.....   

11 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'm guessing some of our younger "Madden" influenced fans that think you can't win in today's NFL by simply running the ball and playing solid defense might have a different outlook right about now.....   

I honestly don't think we have many younger Madden influence fans. Because those are the type that if they're only into football because of Madden they are certainly not going to have been rooting for the Browns for the past rough 19 years. They are the type that jumped on the Seattle Seahawks bandwagon or now the Rams bandwagon

At 55...My Madden don't do "Duke get Creamed,than sling it backward shuttle passes" nor "hell naw Hillard ain't chuck'in that chit up" to Baker Baker the touchdown maker...😂..

37 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I don't know wasn't that long ago that the Broncos won a playoff game in that style of play.

56 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I have played a lot of Madden and consider myself pretty good at it and I was against a lot of Haley’s playcalls(aka wanted him gone) 

I think most video gamers realize that they can only be so realistic.

I thought the game plan today was amazing. Of course, I questioned the direct snap but I understand why. It was early, don’t wanna have Baker forcing anything.

Late in the game, the playcalling was on the conservative side, but the defense warranted running the ball on 3rd and 2 and punting with a 12 point lead.

Also, shout out to the staff for getting these players to play such an inspired level this game on ALL fronts.

And a diamond in the rough signing: Breshad Perriman.

the rb option to.baker was my only grouse today, and it still bothers me cause if it had gone wrong the rage here would break servers.......so kitch gets a pass this week cause otherwise the play calling seemed balanced and fluid. 

but we should also understand the success of the defense had a major hand in allowing the offense to follow the pre planned gameplan. 

Very impressed by yesterday's win!

Finally nice to see a coordinator utilize Baker's strengths.

Defense played great, it helped tremendously having Ward and Joe back there.

Higgins is very valuable to this offense when he is out there..

Baker with 13TDs and 7INTs so far.. Good numbers for the rook!

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

Very impressed by yesterday's win!

Finally nice to see a coordinator utilize Baker's strengths.

Defense played great, it helped tremendously having Ward and Joe back there.

Higgins is very valuable to this offense when he is out there..

Baker with 13TDs and 7INTs so far.. Good numbers for the rook!

I tell you what, if Baker can somehow finish with a 2-1 TD to INT ratio, I think that would be an incredible feat for our rookie. He's closing in on it now, and while we definitely play some tougher defenses on the horizon, it's terrific to see us finding some strengths and playing solid ball. I would like to see us mix in a deep shot now and then, but honestly, we kind of didn't need to. Additionally, I don't like seeing zero points in the 4th quarter, but we relied on our defense, and they came THROUGH. 

I love it! 

9 hours ago, ATOM said:

also i can't believe no one said a word about about robinson he did get burned for one sack but otherwise was solid

Actually l think that was the Baker dribble fumble, recovery, and run where Robinson got beat. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/brownswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/11/studs-and-a-dud-from-the-browns-big-victory-over-falcons/amp/

Saw this article today where the author pinned “dud” status on Robinson for that play and one other, which l think is a wee bit unfair. I guess when you pick a theme for an article you gotta stick with it, but it may have been our best o-line performance all year. Zero sacks allowed, and they were certainly doing their part in the run game.

Archived