THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Falcons Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!   Our Cleveland Browns will try to win their third game of the season before thei upcoming Week 11 , and the first for Interim Head Coach Gregg Williams, as the Atlanta Falcons visit Cleveland for a regular season game for the first time in 8 seasons.

An interesting matchup of QB's today between the Browns Baker Mayfield over the Falcons Matt Ryan.

Cleveland so far  may have a dismal 2-6-1 record, but leads the all-time regular season series over Atlanta, with their 11 win 3 loss record since the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger.

NO injuries for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff from FirstEnergy Stadium, go for win #3, and  defeat the Falcons before your bye week, and HERE WE GO, BROWW-NIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!!!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter has a freaking volleyball game from 1pm to 3pm. Obviously my daughter is more important than a football game, so I have to miss this Falcons match up....and I'm NOT happy about it. The good news is that my daughter loves learning the sport, and she has fun with me there because I used to play competitively and what not. The bad news is, she's 9 and watching these girls learn to play volleyball is like the most obnoxious thing ever, hahaha. The ball flies all over the place, and almost never over the net. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm really excited about the match up, and I don't fear the Falcons near as much as the Chiefs. I'm not saying we're going to WIN, but I do think there's a chance. We're healthier, we've got another week under our belt with new staff, and I think we're due. That's right, I think we're actually due for a game to go our way, and for another team to piss themselves. Would I bet on it? Uhhhh....nope. Lol. But the Falcons defense is perfect for our offense's continued progress, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see us put up around 30 points. Players of the game:

Baker Mayfield, 27-42 for 311 yards, 1 td, 1 INT. 

Nick Chubb, 21 rushes, 123 yards, 2 tds and 1 fumble. 

Myles Garrett, 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 1 forced fumble. 

We stall 3 times in the red zone, twice settling for FG's, and once turning it over on downs. This is effectively the difference in the game, and while we fight, we don't quite have the firepower. But chin up Browns fans, I still think we could have a chance with a defensive TD, and all that really matters is we continue to grow, which I think we will. Suppose Baker continues this trend, and he finishes the year with like 20 TD passes, and 13 INTs, with a rating of around 83ish. I will effing TAKE something like that, with the kid making a monster jump in year 2.

Falcons - 37

Browns - 27

Random thought....does anybody else kind of like Gregg Williams as the head coach? I find myself respecting him during press conferences, and I like what he says. Also, I'm not sure our reduction in penalties last week was a coincidence, as Gregg preaches accountability and discipline. If our team somehow gets STRONGER in the second half of the year, and it's obvious our young players are improving, our coaching decision could be a bit more difficult. 

I will actually get to watch the game today. I normally listen on the radio, while I’m driving home Sunday afternoon. Listening to Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken is great. Even though by the end of the games they are both disgusted most times.

I haven’t seen an entire game this year. So I’m looking forward to watching Baker and Ward play. 

I think it will be a close game with the Falcons winning at the end

Atl 31 Cle 27

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I will actually get to watch the game today. I normally listen on the radio, while I’m driving home Sunday afternoon. Listening to Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken is great. Even though by the end of the games they are both disgusted most times.

I haven’t seen an entire game this year. So I’m looking forward to watching Baker and Ward play. 

I think it will be a close game with the Falcons winning at the end

Atl 31 Cle 27

I was thinking ATL -4 around your numbers....maybe ATL 38 CLE 33?  I know I jinxed myself the Browns will win in OT. :lol:

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Random thought....does anybody else kind of like Gregg Williams as the head coach? I find myself respecting him during press conferences, and I like what he says. Also, I'm not sure our reduction in penalties last week was a coincidence, as Gregg preaches accountability and discipline. 

He’s off to a good start and I like his style. It feels like a flip of the spectrum from what Hue was offering.

Time will tell.

Inactives are up...

Looks like our back 7 are healthier than we were fearing.

Atlanta Falcons Injuries
Matt Bryant K Inactive  
Matt Gono OT Inactive  
Steven Means DE Inactive  
Rees Odhiambo OT Inactive  
Ricky Ortiz FB Inactive  
Keith Tandy DB Inactive  
Blidi Wreh-Wilson DB Inactive  

Cleveland Browns Injuries
Pharaoh Brown TE Inactive  
Juston Burris CB Inactive  
Carl Davis DT Inactive  
Desmond Harrison OT Inactive  
Da'Mari Scott WR Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive  
Chad Thomas DE Inactive

15 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Inactives are up...

Looks like our back 7 are healthier than we were fearing.

Cleveland Browns Injuries

Juston Burris CB Inactive  
Carl Davis DT Inactive  
Desmond Harrison OT Inactive  

Chad Thomas DE Inactive

Somewhat eye-opening 👀, hey Mr. Dorsey? 

And I'm back! Mother in law wanted to take daughter to volleyball practice today. Yessssssss! 

I'm sure Mark can't wait to chat with me in the Tavern! Hehehe. Just kidding Mark. You know I was lots of fun last week. 

Archived