THE BROWNS BOARD

draft kenny willekes...

Clevfan4life

On 11/10/2018 at 10:04 AM, Browns149 said:

The line is so bad. They didnt even block him on that sack. Way to slow

they put up 135 yards on the ground vs the #1 ranked rush D and if they played Martell and be able to run the rpo which haskins can not do they would have even more yards on the ground so you saying the o-line sucks is just fuking ignorant

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Michigan should win. This is not a very good OSU team. Michigan is playing very well. 

That being said, I won't be surprised if Ohio State wins anyway. 

as i said above and maybe not so much vs maryland but utilizing Martell and the rpo vs ttun will throw in a curveball  shiit man just play Martell the entire game

58 minutes ago, ATOM said:

they put up 135 yards on the ground vs the #1 ranked rush D and if they played Martell and be able to run the rpo which haskins can not do they would have even more yards on the ground so you saying the o-line sucks is just fuking ignorant

The rpo doesn't need Tate to be successful. The P in RPO stands for pass. The read-option needs Tate Martell to be successful. Dwayne Haskins actually runs the RPO very well. Because in the RPO the quarterback isn't looking to run the ball he is reading the backside linebacker and if that guy flows with the Run he passes to the slant running behind him. The reason the RPO hasn't been successful for the Buckeyes is the front side of the line is run-blocking yet they can't fire off the ball for fear of getting ineligible downfield. The backside of the line is pass blocking and is not getting up to the second level to get seal blocks. I don't know why people can't understand the read option and the RPO are different things. The read-option is the one where you need a mobile quarterback. Another thing is the RPO was not what JT ran prior to last year here. Last year they ran it a little bit due to Kevin Wilson. Urban Meyer hardly ever ran an RPO offense prior to last year which has been a common misconception all year that that is his baby. when his baby is really the read-option offense not the Run pass option offense. Just for information before calling people ignorant.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Are there time stamps on those messages? Cause those don't line up. "I know!!!" could have been a response to a separate text with messages in between deleted. "I know!!!" doesn't seem to be an appropriate response to that. Hell where is the phone number. It just says a name. I can text my buddy set something up and change the name in my phone.

it was my understanding these were vetted. So u would think that it would preclude such a scenario where they could chop the texts like that. Vould u even chop texts lije tgat? you'd have to download the texts to an editor right? 

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

it was my understanding these were vetted. So u would think that it would preclude such a scenario where they could chop the texts like that. Vould u even chop texts lije tgat? you'd have to download the texts to an editor right? 

No not at all she could have sent that. He could have said what the Shmuck are you talking about. And then they could have got an argument. And then days later they could have had another conversation and one of his responses could have been I know to something else completely different. Then she could have deleted all the messages in between as you can pick and choose what messages you delete on any text messaging app that I know of. I don't know that it was vetted by Brett McMurphy. To me it just seems like she sent him a screenshot and he posted it. You can easily select an option that says show timestamps which would prove without a doubt that these messages were sent in sequential order or at least within the same time frame. So if it were that easy to do to not leave any wiggle room why would she not have done that.

Edit

I'm not saying that's what she did or that these texts aren't true and that he actually did it. I'm just saying that they don't prove that he did it because it could easily be manipulated in such ways as I've detailed like messages in between could be deleted or they could be a completely fabricated text with a friend that she named Zach in her phone just to take a screenshot.

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Delete texts... who would do such a thing?

Again you are just regurgitating a report that didn't have all the information. That setting had been set for years and not by Urban. But yeah you're probably right Urban had messages from 3 years ago, 3 phones ago when he exchanges 1000 plus text messages including videos per week because phones have tons of storage space.

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

Again you are just regurgitating a report that didn't have all the information. That setting had been set for years and not by Urban. But yeah you're probably right Urban had messages from 3 years ago, 3 phones ago when he exchanges 1000 plus text messages including videos per week because phones have tons of storage space.

I'm "regurgitating" (which is hilarious, as if you're doing anything different) the report that OSU made. The one that says Meyer talked to a staff member about text messages the day before, says the texts weren't there when they looked, etc. 

I don't remember everything from this. But I promise you I read up on it. I'm in the state of Ohio, so I saw whatever you saw. I heard all of the excuses. 

It was a PR nightmare for OSU. They came off as chosing winning over all else. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm "regurgitating" (which is hilarious, as if you're doing anything different) the report that OSU made. The one that says Meyer talked to a staff member about text messages the day before, says the texts weren't there when they looked, etc. 

I don't remember everything from this. But I promise you I read up on it. I'm in the state of Ohio, so I saw whatever you saw. I heard all of the excuses. 

It was a PR nightmare for OSU. They came off as chosing winning over all else. 

It was a PR nightmare. They were absolutely awful.  You saw the 22 page report not the info they have released since then or you would know that guy told him after he had already turned his phone over to lawyers that "you know there is a way to set your phone to delete messages older than a year". It wasn't urban asking, it wasn't them doing it then as he had already turned over his phone. Someone interviewed by investigative commitee which wasnt included in the condensed report for some reason said they set Urban's phone to that years ago because of storage issues. Again you read the stuff that ESPN reported. OSU has been releasing documents due to the foia like 15 documents at a time since the original condensed report. I recommend you reading into those.

Edit: it came off them choosing winning over all else because of the way the media put its spin on the story.

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

The rpo doesn't need Tate to be successful. The P in RPO stands for pass. The read-option needs Tate Martell to be successful. Dwayne Haskins actually runs the RPO very well. Because in the RPO the quarterback isn't looking to run the ball he is reading the backside linebacker and if that guy flows with the Run he passes to the slant running behind him. The reason the RPO hasn't been successful for the Buckeyes is the front side of the line is run-blocking yet they can't fire off the ball for fear of getting ineligible downfield. The backside of the line is pass blocking and is not getting up to the second level to get seal blocks. I don't know why people can't understand the read option and the RPO are different things. The read-option is the one where you need a mobile quarterback. Another thing is the RPO was not what JT ran prior to last year here. Last year they ran it a little bit due to Kevin Wilson. Urban Meyer hardly ever ran an RPO offense prior to last year which has been a common misconception all year that that is his baby. when his baby is really the read-option offense not the Run pass option offense. Just for information before calling people ignorant.

what ever you want to call it when haskins is in the game it makes the defense have to account for him so unless you didn't notice did you see the holes that weber  had to run through ? 

and so my point stands that the o-line is not the problem opposing D just have to stack the box because haskins is not a threat to run the ball

9 minutes ago, ATOM said:

what ever you want to call it when haskins is in the game it makes the defense have to account for him so unless you didn't notice did you see the holes that weber  had to run through ? 

and so my point stands that the o-line is not the problem opposing D just have to stack the box because haskins is not a threat to run the ball

No I completely noticed I was merely pointing out  the fact that a few analysts  have said that Dwayne Haskins can't run an RPO and it just gets parroted by people because people don't understand the RPO is designed to be a QB run. 

The big reason there were holes with Tate was because they ran the true read option with Tate. It wasn't an RPO. By the way Defenses are more likely to stack the box with a running quarterback then they are if the opposing teams has a passing QB.

I'm not discussing the offensive line I said Isaiah Prince was really bad and he has been beat throughout his career by speed rushers consistently. The offensive line was built for the read-option game and they have practiced that for the past 3 years so of course they're going to be more proficient blocking at that then they are a RPO/stretch run game. I'm not debating that Tate Martell opens up more for run because the offensive line is used to blocking for that type of offense and it is more open.

• 11 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 12:45 PM, Clevfan4life said:

who? turn the OSU game on....this kid is playing out of his mind. Last defensive pkayer to make an OSU o line look this incompetent was called khalil mack.

Im wondering if you feel the same way about this kid. 

Side note. He is a perfect example of why you sit out meaningless bowl game if you're going pro. Broke his ankle last year in their bowl game and went from 2nd-3rd rounder to udfa by having to come back this year. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Chase Young could be the #1 overall pick in the draft next year....but by who?   Cincinnati would take him for sure.  Miami?

Depends on how  many  QBs in the 2020 draft  are  deemed  franchise  worthy. 

He won't  get  past the  Redskins or  Falcons. 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:02 PM, MLD Woody said:

Opposed to the numerous excuses OSU fans are already coming up with weeks before the game? Come on. 

We're already hearing how terrible parts of this team supposedly are. A team that's deep into the Meyer era (maybe the end of it). Making excuses there is ok but not when it's RRod trying to make a spread team out of mud lol. 

I'm seeing OSU fans bitching and moaning and saying "well if Michigan can't even beat this team blah blah blah". You're already stacking the deck to suit a narrative. You're a one loss team. Ranked in the top 10. Entitled butt OSU fans.... Jesus. You have no idea what rooting for a genuinely bad team is

There's always context that can be applied to the discussion you prefer to take out of context here.  Can you point out 1 sober Ohio State fan bitching about how bad this Ohio State team is?   I see some honesty about a guy that struggles in pass pro which doesn't imply the ignorance you want it to.  There's been a lot of National Champions with 1 loss on their record, which implies they had a vulnerability that only 1 of 14-15 opponents was able to tap. 

This just in. Ohio State is undefeated!  No excuses required or given.  As we speak, Ohio State coming off a 38-7 win against the Wisconsin team that beat Michigan 35-14.  While you're carrying on about Ohio State needing excuses for being 8-0 - let's not pretend Michigan fans don't blame Harbaugh's play-calling, key players being injured and officials for why they haven't beaten Ohio State since the onset of cell phone usage; or won any Bowl Games; and why they have a very forgettable record against high ranked opponents.  

You were a home crowd full of prayers away from losing to Army when they missed another place-kick as time expired.  They outplayed you everywhere except placekicking.  That's not exactly kicking tail against an opponent you're supposed to beat at HOME. You're prolly their only fan that was extremely proud of the day. 

If you think Ohio State fans are more terrified of Shea Patterson than Michigan fans, you need to put the crack pipe down...

37 minutes ago, Flugel said:

There's always context that can be applied to the discussion you prefer to take out of context here.  Can you point out 1 sober Ohio State fan bitching about how bad this Ohio State team is?   I see some honesty about a guy that struggles in pass pro which doesn't imply the ignorance you want it to.  There's been a lot of National Champions with 1 loss on their record, which implies they had a vulnerability that only 1 of 14-15 opponents was able to tap. 

This just in. Ohio State is undefeated!  No excuses required or given.  As we speak, Ohio State coming off a 38-7 win against the Wisconsin team that beat Michigan 35-14.  While you're carrying on about Ohio State needing excuses for being 8-0 - let's not pretend Michigan fans don't blame Harbaugh's play-calling, key players being injured and officials for why they haven't beaten Ohio State since the onset of cell phone usage; or won any Bowl Games; and why they have a very forgettable record against high ranked opponents.  

You were a home crowd full of prayers away from losing to Army when they missed another place-kick as time expired.  They outplayed you everywhere except placekicking.  That's not exactly kicking tail against an opponent you're supposed to beat at HOME. You're prolly their only fan that was extremely proud of the day. 

If you think Ohio State fans are more terrified of Shea Patterson than Michigan fans, you need to put the crack pipe down...

You know that Woody’s text that you replied to was likely about two years old. I guess we should give the boy a break I mean his team did come off probably their best win in the last decade last night.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You know that Woody’s text that you replied to was likely about two years old. I guess we should give the boy a break I mean his team did come off probably their best win in the last decade last night.

I gave him a break when this college football thread originally aired last November. Since somebody felt compelled to wake it back up this weekend for God only knows why - I showed up with caffeine and a desire to show off my speed reading skills.  Unfortunately, those speed reading skills are about as impressive as that cell phone of yours telling you that November of 2018 is 2 years ago.

That makes me the Ralph Kramden and you the Ed Norton of this thread.    Last but not least, Alice and Trixie could have beaten Notre Dame yesterday...

53 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I gave him a break when this college football thread originally aired last November. Since somebody felt compelled to wake it back up this weekend for God only knows why - I showed up with caffeine and a desire to show off my speed reading skills.  Unfortunately, those speed reading skills are about as impressive as that cell phone of yours telling you that November of 2018 is 2 years ago.

That makes me the Ralph Kramden and you the Ed Norton of this thread.    Last but not least, Alice and Trixie could have beaten Notre Dame yesterday...

OK, one year old, not two.

And while I am not Ed Norton....I AM from Norton.   I tell that to people on occasion when they ask.   I say "I am from NAWtun,  not Kramden".

• Haha 1