THE BROWNS BOARD

draft kenny willekes...

Clevfan4life

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If we're this far into the Meyer era, and he's playing Michigan at home, but you're saying Michigan SHOULD win then something has gone wrong in Columbus. Meyer may very well be out this off-season. Meaning you kept him around, with all of the negative publicity, only to get rid of him anyway.

Eh, it's just been "that" type of year. Hard to explain, it's just been off from the start. 

I find if funny that a TTUN fan thinks something drastic must be wrong in Columbus if the Wolverines might actually beat them.... 🤣

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Eh, it's just been "that" type of year. Hard to explain, it's just been off from the start. 

I find if funny that a TTUN fan thinks something drastic must be wrong in Columbus if the Wolverines might actually beat them.... 🤣

Well yes it would be an absolute complete aberration if the Michigan won a game against Ohio State I mean that’s a fact. the question is how would you explain it?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well yes it would be an absolute complete aberration if the Michigan won a game against Ohio State I mean that’s a fact. the question is how would you explain it?

If it happens You explain it by the fact that Michigan just has a better team this year and are a very good team. There is no need for excuses. Michigan is a blue blood program as is Ohio State. These last 20 years can be compared with the Cooper era right before that. What it boils down to is really these are to evenly matched programs throughout history and either or could beat the other every single year

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Opposed to the numerous excuses OSU fans are already coming up with weeks before the game? Come on. 

We're already hearing how terrible parts of this team supposedly are. A team that's deep into the Meyer era (maybe the end of it). Making excuses there is ok but not when it's RRod trying to make a spread team out of mud lol. 

I'm seeing OSU fans bitching and moaning and saying "well if Michigan can't even beat this team blah blah blah". You're already stacking the deck to suit a narrative. You're a one loss team. Ranked in the top 10. Entitled butt OSU fans.... Jesus. You have no idea what rooting for a genuinely bad team is

That 6 and 7 team in 2011 was a genuinely bad team. Just because Michigan should win this game as in they are the better team this year doesn't mean there's anything wrong in Columbus. Michigan is a good blue blood football program and should win their fair share of "The GAME"s. Unless you're just saying that Ohio State should always beat Michigan because they have a better program I don't happen to agree with that but if that's how you feel you're entitled to your opinion.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

back to.this willekes kid....anyone else prelim interested? i think we've already won too many games to.get bosa or oliver. The announcers said he's one of the best pass rushers in college but id never heard of him

I'll have to read up on him, get a feel on him... what has he done in his whole career, his measurable, whatnot. 

I can't shake the idea of him being another Carl Nassib. (But am not writing him off as that right now, though)

28 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

back to.this willekes kid....anyone else prelim interested? i think we've already won too many games to.get bosa or oliver. The announcers said he's one of the best pass rushers in college but id never heard of him

I Will just say this, this kid will not go in the first round. Or I should say i would be shocked if he is but someone could pull a mike Mitchell esque move and really reach. He's a little on the light side and would be more suited as an edge player in the 3-4

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

OSU fans are the ones that think something is wrong. Heaven forbid some games not go well.

It will be hilarious if Urban is gone after this year though

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll have to read up on him, get a feel on him... what has he done in his whole career, his measurable, whatnot. 

I can't shake the idea of him being another Carl Nassib. (But am not writing him off as that right now, though)

no he's a cometely different type than carl. Size wise he's a true hybrid, 6'4 260 i tjink he's listed. He's like a taller but also stronger version of genard. This dude is a "beast" setting the edge. As i mentioned earlier, i understand the osu line has issues....but still, once they locked up with him...a 260lb edge player just doesnt fuk guys off of him like that.

His stacks and sheds looked like he's the 3rd bosa brother no one knew about. Let me be clear, he didnt just stack his guy up....he viciously shed lineman who are approx 60lbs heavier than him. Just threw them....i saw OL stumbling away from him like they got punched in the jaw. Im sorry the OSU lineman are not "that" bad that a later round prospect is peeing in their eyes. This kid is legit.

and ive just talked about his run D, the kid dipped and bended around every part of the osu line with speed. Tbis kid could be a huge draft day steal. Speed, strength....unreal motor. Even took a friendly fire cleat to the ball sack....

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

no he's a cometely different type than carl. Size wise he's a true hybrid, 6'4 260 i tjink he's listed. He's like a taller but also stronger version of genard. This dude is a "beast" setting the edge. As i mentioned earlier, i understand the osu line has issues....but still, once they locked up with him...a 260lb edge player just doesnt fuk guys off of him like that.

His stacks and sheds looked like he's the 3rd bosa brother no one knew about. Let me be clear, he didnt just stack his guy up....he viciously shed lineman who are approx 60lbs heavier than him. Just threw them....i saw OL stumbling away from him like they got punched in the jaw. Im sorry the OSU lineman are not "that" bad that a later round prospect is peeing in their eyes. This kid is legit.

and ive just talked about his run D, the kid dipped and bended around every part of the osu line with speed. Tbis kid could be a huge draft day steal. Speed, strength....unreal motor. Even took a friendly fire cleat to the ball sack....

I've already given you two examples of a mid round pick and undrafted guy "peeing in their eyes" regarding the Ohio State line in the last 3 year's. The Ohio State line is not a good measuring stick especially Prince. He has been consistently beat his whole career in pass pro sets and as a whole I'm sure you've noticed their inability to run the ball this year. He's a fine young player but i wouldn't even be surprised if he doesn't go pro this year being only a junior.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

OSU fans are the ones that think something is wrong. Heaven forbid some games not go well.

It will be hilarious if Urban is gone after this year though

Why?

Was it hilarious for Michigan fans after Tressel got fired and Urban walked in and OSU kept owning the Wolverines? 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Why?

Was it hilarious for Michigan fans after Tressel got fired and Urban walked in and OSU kept owning the Wolverines? 

It would be hilarious because after all of the scandal and negative publicity before the season OSU decided winning was most important and kept Urban. To go through all of that only for Urban to leave (or be forced out) would be hilarious. 

And before OSU fans start posting about how innocent he was and how much of a scam the whole thing was, of course you are. This is the same fanbase that had signs rallying for Meyer with #MeToo phrases. Outside of that fanbase, it was a very bad look. 

And no, it wasn't hilarious to see OSU go from one very good, scandal ridden head coach to another. But, with OSU being one of the most fortunate programs in the country it wasn't too much of a surprise. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

It would be hilarious because after all of the scandal and negative publicity before the season OSU decided winning was most important and kept Urban. To go through all of that only for Urban to leave (or be forced out) would be hilarious. 

And before OSU fans start posting about how innocent he was and how much of a scam the whole thing was, of course you are. This is the same fanbase that had signs rallying for Meyer with #MeToo phrases. Outside of that fanbase, it was a very bad look. 

And no, it wasn't hilarious to see OSU go from one very good, scandal ridden head coach to another. But, with OSU being one of the most fortunate programs in the country it wasn't too much of a surprise. 

Yeah equate the whole fan base to the 250 (give or take 100) people who gathered. Must be why you think the whole browns fan base was picking on poor little peppers just because he was from Michigan. You equate whole fam bases to actions of a very small percentage.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

So watching Utah State and the Sparty vs scUM game, I just can't understand what you're seeing in this kid.   I haven't rewatched the OSU game but i know his first sack was an expected chip on the Hback that never came and he was free at the corner before Prince even turned his head. 

i only got to.watch the 1st half of the osu game, he was all over them. I dont know if they made adjustments to.him in him in the 2nd half....i ffw'd through thst 2nd half tape cause it was time for the browns game. But 1st half he was making every play. He was coming free into haskins on literally almost every diwn he was in there. But when 5hey replayed the run stops u got a nice slow motion replay of his stack/shed capability.

maybe the kid just played out if mind for the OSU game cause id never heard  of him before. But the anmouncers did say he's rated as among  the top edge rushers in the country. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What scandal?  There was no scandal.  It was just him being too open and honest.  Truly.  He just needed to STFU.

And OSU fortunate?  I guess if you call being able to hire  two outstanding National Championship caliber coaches fortunate, then they are fortunate. 

On the other hand, FMU hires had bordered on being as bad as the Browns when it came to naming their HCs. 

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Yeah equate the whole fan base to the 250 (give or take 100) people who gathered. Must be why you think the whole browns fan base was picking on poor little peppers just because he was from Michigan. You equate whole fam bases to actions of a very small percentage.

Its what people who are paranoid and with inferiority complexes do.

Of course, you know what they say in respect to both  "Just because you are paranoid does not mean they aren't after you"...and:

"Just because you have an inferiority complex does not mean that you are not inferior".

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

The whole fanbase didn't hold up #MeToo signs. Most of the fanbase was strongly on team Urban. From here, to Eleven Warriors, to comment sections on articles, to friends of mine. 

47 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

ill say this, tressle got nipped for looking the other way as players bartered for tattoos with tgeir own personal belongings. Urb looked the other way as one of his assistants.......

Oh I'll agree that it is a dumb rule. Players should be able to sell their things. I've always said that. But Tressel still lied to the NCAA. Plus a bunch of alleged things he never got caught on. Though now the narrative is he was just trying to protect Pryor and the others...

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

What scandal?  There was no scandal.  It was just him being too open and honest.  Truly.  He just needed to STFU.

And OSU fortunate?  I guess if you call being able to hire  two outstanding National Championship caliber coaches fortunate, then they are fortunate. 

On the other hand, FMU hires had bordered on being as bad as the Browns when it came to naming their HCs. 

Uh... the scandal that was all of the news (actual news too, not just sports) for weeks before the season? The one with the OSU coach, domestic violence, workplace...uh... purchases, Meyer deleting evidence, tone deaf press conferences and "apologies".

And yeah, I'd call it fortunate that right after your elite coach is fired (tho they didn't want to) for breaking rules (tho you really got off without much punishment) another elite coach just happened to become available (after creating a mad house at UF that he needed to get away from). 

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Uh... the scandal that was all of the news (actual news too, not just sports) for weeks before the season? The one with the OSU coach, domestic violence, workplace...uh... purchases, Meyer deleting evidence, tone deaf press conferences and "apologies".

And yeah, I'd call it fortunate that right after your elite coach is fired (tho they didn't want to) for breaking rules (tho you really got off without much punishment) another elite coach just happened to become available (after creating a mad house at UF that he needed to get away from). 

If Meyer had not been available, some other elite coach would have come to OSU...and your poor Michigan program would have been no better off.

And, no, it was NOT a scandal......It was merely a Public Relations  faux pas.   There is a difference,   but with your Michigan education I doubt that you are smart enough to know that difference.

35 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

from a moral perpective tho, theres simply no comparison. Urb really disappointed me. His dude was beating the sht out of his wife

Actually, that may not be the case at all.   I don't think any charges were ever brought, were they?  I do know that the woman's own mother disbelieved her. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, that may not be the case at all.   I don't think any charges were ever brought, were they?  I do know that the woman's own mother disbelieved her. 

He ended up being charged with misdemeanor, Disorderly conduct. And a (mutual?) 3 year protection order. 

Woody the reason most fans were on meyer's side after all the evidence came out is they were in the middle of where everything was happening like Courtney's mom denying the allegations. Those outside of Ohio never got all the information. They were fed bits and pieces of info in order to shape the story. Much like your deleted evidence retort. That was pushed by a lot of people but the truth is his phone had that setting for years. He sends out recruiting videos and probably thousands of texts per week not to mention what he receives. It was done about 4 years ago to save storage by someone other than urban. Actually by his pr team I believe.

I don't know about you but people at my workplace get stuff delivered all the time especially from Amazon. I've never seen the contents of those packages and the box doesn't have "SEX TOYS" written on it but am I to assume that's what they are.

OSU PR team was absolutely horrible in handling of the press conferences and all the like without a doubt.

I'll agree about the insincere apologies. It was a loaded question if he doesn't apologize he's an arsehole if he apologizes it means Zach hit Courtney. It was not sincere because urban doesn't believe Courtney was abused. That right there tells you he didn't cover anything up because if he doesn't believe it happened there is nothing to cover up.

Zach is a bad person and should have been fired long ago for being a shitty coach and transgressions (that don't include hitting his wife) and urban was suspended because he failed to fire him for multiple fireable offenses. However to act like he covered up for a serial woman abuser is silly if you look into the documents released on your own and don't let ESPiN tell you what to think.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

There actually appears evidence to the opposite (also) being true.

Either way I'm happy he is gone.

were those texts fabricated then? cause on one set he himself is acknowledging smacking her around. And in another set want urb's wife consoling the woman for getting slapped  around? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1025500090578939904/photo/1

if a woman says to me "do u remember picking me up by the back of neck and choking me till a sht myself" and i didnt actually choke her till she shat herself....my response would be wtf?, not "i know, that was such a bad job out me ur so right"...😂

20 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

were those texts fabricated then? cause on one set he himself is acknowledging smacking her around. And in another set want urb's wife consoling the woman for getting slapped  around? 

No clue. From what I've gathered it was a Shmucked up relationship all around. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1025500090578939904/photo/1

if a woman says to me "do u remember picking me up by the back of neck and choking me till a sht myself" and i didnt actually choke her till she shat herself....my response would be wtf?, not "i know, that was such a bad job out me ur so right"...😂

Are there time stamps on those messages? Cause those don't line up. "I know!!!" could have been a response to a separate text with messages in between deleted. "I know!!!" doesn't seem to be an appropriate response to that. Hell where is the phone number. It just says a name. I can text my buddy set something up and change the name in my phone.