THE BROWNS BOARD

This is just crazy. . .

Canton Dawg

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, The Gipper said:

Browns were 2 and 14 in 1999 now they are 3-6-1 after 10 games. they are better by 1.5 games already 

I meant by building a team. We have players but have no team. We need guys who been together for 3 or more seasons together, build a franchise.

On 11/11/2018 at 5:57 AM, medicineman said:

What Shmucking future? You really think the new coach will want to keep a QB he didn't draft? It is the never ending story and nothing ever changes. It is a garbage award and the only people that even know such an award exists is Browns fans, This award means less than the pre season wins we had. Speaking of we all thought they were going to be a good omen for the future as well but NOT.

damn dude go root for buffalo

19 minutes ago, medicineman said:

I been a Browns fan for decades pal, Just being real. What good is any award if you didn't win? It is the same as a trophy the losing team gets in school so they don't feel left out 

Congratulations! You have won the BB Participation Award 🥇 . Wear it proudly to the next game.🕵️‍♀️😹

On 11/11/2018 at 4:25 PM, medicineman said:

Chances are we will keep Baker but I bet they waste another pick on a QB. I am just sick of the same thing every couple years, every other team turns Sheet around in 4 or so years, we are no better than we were in 1999.

Are you high? Why would they waste another pick on a QB?

maybe a late rounder, especially if/after Tyrod leaves.

36 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Are you high? Why would they waste another pick on a QB?

maybe a late rounder, especially if/after Tyrod leaves.

No bro, I am just looking at what every single coach we ever had has done when they get hired. I hope we draft a stud wr with our first pick, we are doing decent without a number 1 wr rt now. Jarvis is no #1 Higgins is a #3 at best , We need a great hands and speed number 1 wr

58 minutes ago, medicineman said:

I hope we draft a stud wr with our first pick, we are doing decent without a number 1 wr rt now. Jarvis is no #1

If we're doing decent without a #1 even though we pay someone like a #1 then... we don't need one.  We have too many actual needs on DL and OL before wasting a #1 pick on a luxury who touches the ball 6 plays a game.

On 11/11/2018 at 5:57 AM, medicineman said:

What Shmucking future? You really think the new coach will want to keep a QB he didn't draft? It is the never ending story and nothing ever changes. It is a garbage award and the only people that even know such an award exists is Browns fans, This award means less than the pre season wins we had. Speaking of we all thought they were going to be a good omen for the future as well but NOT.

Why wouldn't the new coach keep a good young QB?   The Rams got rid of their coach and the new coach was someone who was able to come in and make the #1 overall draft pick QB a better player.   Goff looked like a total bust under Fisher.....new coach and suddenly he's a good QB.

I would think the new coach (if its not Williams anyways) is going to be a guy who can work with the skill set that Baker has and make him better.

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

No bro, I am just looking at what every single coach we ever had has done when they get hired. I hope we draft a stud wr with our first pick, we are doing decent without a number 1 wr rt now. Jarvis is no #1 Higgins is a #3 at best , We need a great hands and speed number 1 wr

The coach that Dorsey hires is going to be willing to work with Baker. Period. You're nuts if you think otherwise. You just don't- and I don't think it's ever happened- dump the #1 overall pick after one season. Even monumental bust Jamarcus Russell got three seasons with the Raiders.

Mayfield is leading all the other rookie QBs in stats- and if you want a comparison, just look at what Deshone Kizer (didn't) do and compare that to the progress Baker is making this year. 

Draft another QB? sure in the 5th round where we have three picks...  :D

3 hours ago, medicineman said:

I don't think it will be a WR.....I think a stud on defense would be more on the Radar.  But if they do go WR, there may be some out there.  Last year was the year to get a QB.....and a RB.  This next year seems to fit into the Browns needs:  WR/defense across the board.

Top Prospects per CBS:

1Nick BosaOhio St.JrDE16-4263

2Ed OliverHoustonJrDT16-3292

3Rashan GaryMichiganJrDT26-5283

4Clelin FerrellClemsonJrDE26-4265

5Deandre BakerGeorgiaSrCB15-11185

6A.J. BrownOle MissJrWR16-1230

7Dexter LawrenceClemsonJrDT36-4350

8Greedy WilliamsLSUSophCB26-2182

9Dre'Mont JonesOhio St.JrDT46-3286

10Ryan FinleyNC StateSrQB16-4212

11Anthony JohnsonBuffaloSrWR26-2210

12David MontgomeryIowa St.JrRB15-11216

13Raekwon DavisAlabamaJrDT56-7316

14Brian BurnsFlorida St.JrDE36-5235

15Te'von ConeyNotre DameSrILB16-1240

16Jonah WilliamsAlabamaJrOT16-5301

17Drew LockMissouriSrQB26-4225

18Justice HillOklahoma St.JrRB25-10190

19Noah FantIowaJrTE16-5241

20Zach AllenBoston CollegeSrDE46-5285

21Justin HerbertOregonJrQB36-6233

22Bryce LoveStanfordSrRB35-10202

23N'Keal HarryArizona St.JrWR36-4213

24Devin WhiteLSUJrILB26-1240

5Damien HarrisAlabamaSrRB45-11215

26T.J. EdwardsWisconsinSrILB36-1242

27Dalton RisnerKansas St.SrOT26-5308

28Julian LoveNotre DameJrCB35-11193

29Anfernee JenningsAlabamaJrILB46-3266

30Jerry TilleryNotre DameSrDT66-7305

31Trey AdamsWashingtonSrOT36-8316

32Lukas DenisBoston CollegeSrFS15-11185

33Ahmmon RichardsMiami (Fla.)JrWR46-1190

34Kendall JosephClemsonSrILB56-0235

35Greg LittleOle MissJrOT46-6325

36Joe JacksonMiami (Fla.)JrDE56-5258

37Jeffery SimmonsMiss. StateJrDT76-4300

38Caleb WilsonUCLAJrTE26-4235

39Ross PierschbacherAlabamaSrOG16-4309

40David EdwardsWisconsinJrOT56-7315

41Montez SweatMiss. StateSrOLB16-6245

42Christian WilkinsClemsonSrDT86-4315

43Deebo SamuelSouth CarolinaSrWR56-0210

44Josh AllenKentuckySrOLB26-5260

45Mitch HyattClemsonSrOT66-5310

46Beau BenzschawelWisconsinSrOG26-6315

47Chase WinovichMichiganSrDE66-3255

48Jarrett StidhamAuburnJrQB46-3215

49JJ Arcega-WhitesideStanfordSrWR66-3225

50Rodney AndersonOklahomaJrRB56-1220

51Marquise CopelandCincinnatiSrDT96-2287

52Devin BushMichiganJrOLB35-11233

53Marquise BrownOklahomaJrWR75-10168

54Myles GaskinWashingtonSrRB65-10193

55Kaden SmithStanfordJrTE36-5252

56Bobby EvansOklahomaJrOT76-5301

57Bryan EdwardsSouth CarolinaJrWR86-3220

58Michael DeiterWisconsinSrOG36-6310

59Stanley Morgan Jr.NebraskaSrWR96-1200

60Jake BrowningWashingtonSrQB56-2210

61Connor McGovernPenn St.JrOG46-5326

62Juwan JohnsonPenn St.JrWR106-4231

63Sutton SmithN. IllinoisJrOLB46-1237

64Prince Tega WanoghoAuburnJrOT86-7307

7 hours ago, medicineman said:

I hope we draft a stud wr with our first pick, we are doing decent without a number 1 wr rt now. Jarvis is no #1 Higgins is a #3 at best , We need a great hands and speed number 1 wr

Stroll down this list, say last 4-5 years...  https://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=positions&position=WR (click position...than WR..than Go..)  many WR starters can be found in 2nd to 4th round   

30 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Stroll down this list, say last 4-5 years...  https://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=positions&position=WR (click position...than WR..than Go..)  many WR starters can be found in 2nd to 4th round   

Some real finds at WR may have played in run offenses or with poor QBs in college. The comforting thing is that we have folks now who can uncover those hidden treasures.

Mike

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

Some real finds at WR may have played in run offenses or with poor QBs in college. The comforting thing is that we have folks now who can uncover those hidden treasures.

Mike

I really want to know the "behind the scenes" work of Elliot Wolfe? I think his work out weights more than Depot & Berry's work? That we have already seen...  

46 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I really want to know the "behind the scenes" work of Elliot Wolfe? I think his work out weights more than Depot & Berry's work? That we have already seen...  

In addition to Wolfe's lineage, I once read that he is very good at finding "hidden gems" & Highsmith is good in the later rounds. We are Blessed with this FO!

Mike

22 hours ago, medicineman said:

It’s just the underwhelming years of rooting for this franchise catching up with you.

I’m feeling like the days of the “Browns being the Browns” are coming to an end.

A #1 WR is a priority. We do have some solid depth at the position right now though. 

2 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It’s just the underwhelming years of rooting for this franchise catching up with you.

I’m feeling like the days of the “Browns being the Browns” are coming to an end.

A #1 WR is a priority. We do have some solid depth at the position right now though. 

But....as I have said elsewhere,  that WR may be only like 5th in the rank of priorities....exactly because there may be some depth at that position now.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

But....as I have said elsewhere,  that WR may be only like 5th in the rank of priorities....exactly because there may be some depth at that position now.

Right. I believe Dorsey’s draft philosophy is to take the best player available.

So instead of filling needs in like we are filling in the blank, we are drafting the highest graded/most gifted player. 

Works for me. 

50 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Right. I believe Dorsey’s draft philosophy is to take the best player available.

So instead of filling needs in like we are filling in the blank, we are drafting the highest graded/most gifted player. 

Works for me. 

Above I had posted the prospect list made by one service.   Browns, right now, would be in the 11th draft position.  Who knows where they will end up.

Archived