THE BROWNS BOARD

This is just crazy. . .

Canton Dawg

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Baker will be primed to have a great shot this weekend. 

It's sure nice to have 6 of 9 winners than 0 of 9 winners. ;)

Just now, medicineman said:

I agree it is better than not wining it I guess but at the end it is nothing. Show us some WINS and then that Rookie of the week mite mean more than nothing

May not really show up until 2019 if/when this the 32nd oldest or 1st youngest team in the NFL really starts to mature and win. Another good draft class and good trading will also help. Remember too they are coming off of a dismal 0-16 and 1-31......I'll take all the awards they can get.

Sympathy awards?

6 hours ago, medicineman said:

Only as good as our record. A useless award.

5 hours ago, medicineman said:

I agree it is better than not wining it I guess but at the end it is nothing. Show us some WINS and then that Rookie of the week mite mean more than nothing

Quit being a dumbass what it means is that we have some real young talent on this team now that is a good omen for the future. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Quit being a dumbass what it means is that we have some real young talent on this team now that is a good omen for the future. 

Exactly. And think what it means to us, specifically. We're a team with such a poor track record of drafting in the first round, that it's almost a giant relief more than anything to have some young talent making waves. Ward and Mayfield have been absolutely great this year, and if you were to tell me Mayfield would be leading all rookie passers in basically every statistical category, I'd have been a very happy camper. 

No team drafts perfectly, and I'm still unsure about the Corbett pick in the 2nd round, but I am guessing that we're hoping he'll be our center next year. Still, a second round pick on a potential starter for the next year at a position he's never played? Doesn't sound like a good idea, but we'll see. 

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Here's internet Obie from Oklahoma casting his votes all week.. A3s.gif     Hows that son Otto doing?🙏

He's been doing wonderfully. He's even started walking now. He's a bulldozer ;) 

Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward

vs.

Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert

Two guys that "love football", compared to two guys who couldn't care less about football.

I remember saying how picking someone that loved football was important for farmer. Then BAM, Johnny is wasted drinking champagne on a swan and Justin Gilbert has no effort to try.

We're on the other side of it all now. Denzel Ward is balling out, Baker is dedicated, works hard, and has the ability to be a great QB, Black Uncle Fester is no longer in the way to crush our dreams with his bad clock management.

The times are changin' and it's time to be optimistic.

But let's just agree Ray Farmer had to be the worst GM of all time.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What Shmucking future? You really think the new coach will want to keep a QB he didn't draft? It is the never ending story and nothing ever changes. It is a garbage award and the only people that even know such an award exists is Browns fans, This award means less than the pre season wins we had. Speaking of we all thought they were going to be a good omen for the future as well but NOT.

23 minutes ago, medicineman said:

What Shmucking future? You really think the new coach will want to keep a QB he didn't draft? It is the never ending story and nothing ever changes. It is a garbage award and the only people that even know such an award exists is Browns fans, This award means less than the pre season wins we had. Speaking of we all thought they were going to be a good omen for the future as well but NOT.

When did you     Never mind. Not worth responding to

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

When did you     Never mind. Not worth responding to

Exactly, no coach is going to come in and want "his" QB. Especially one who was drafted #1 overall.  You play the hand you're dealt- and Dorsey will be doing the dealing...  

Can't be co-winners? ;)

36 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Chances are we will keep Baker but I bet they waste another pick on a QB. I am just sick of the same thing every couple years, every other team turns Sheet around in 4 or so years, we are no better than we were in 1999.

Day 3 doesn't count...

2 hours ago, medicineman said:

Chances are we will keep Baker but I bet they waste another pick on a QB. I am just sick of the same thing every couple years, every other team turns Sheet around in 4 or so years, we are no better than we were in 1999.

Browns were 2 and 14 in 1999 now they are 3-6-1 after 10 games. they are better by 1.5 games already 

Archived