THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Well, it is Hot Tub night here at the lair, where everyone does a shot whenever Joe Buck says something stupid, and removes an article of clothing everytime he kisses up to Troy Aikman ... and one of the girls just reminded me there is an AFCN team playing tonight ... completely forgot. So we'll throw this out there:

Carolina at Pittsburgh 820pm Thursday Night Football 

Cam Newton and the high powered Panthers are quietly having a great season, and should have no problem baffling the Steelers defense. Big Gay Ben makes another critical turnover. PANTHERS 34 STEELERS 26

TGZ

Well my week 10 six pack on Thursday.

PIT -4 over car -and- ATL -4 over Cleveland, yes breaking my cardinal rule #1 betting for pit or against CLE or ND, screws me every time.

Plus CIN +4, GB -10, LAC -11 and PHI -7 which is also my survivor!  So there you go.......

Big ben gets grazed in the head and they literally eject the dude who hits him. Baker gets hit by the crown and they pick up the flag. Both are runners in a slide. The browns only get a were so sorry and a worthless fine.

If anyone doesnt realize this league refs two different ways is just dumb. It's such an absolute joke.

Eric Reid gets ejected for barely grazing Ben Roethlisberger in the head with his elbow/forearm when Roethlisberger slid late, but Baker Mayfield gets ear holed and we don't even get a Shmucking flag. I'm not saying the refs or the league have it out for the Browns but the consistency with which these calls are made is laughable.

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Big ben gets grazed in the head and they literally eject the dude who hits him. Baker gets hit by the crown and they pick up the flag. Both are runners in a slide. The browns only get a were so sorry and a worthless fine.

If anyone doesnt realize this league refs two different ways is just dumb. It's such an absolute joke.

I don't believe that for a minute.....even if they are playing in one of the Holy grail facilities in the NFL.   :lol:

ben was selling that call before contact either way..Eric Reid turns his head from contact, like he is now coached..but it's impossible to separate your shoulder pads from your turning head at any speed :huh:.Totally crazy Reid gets tossed making shoulder pad contact in a game of football. Edit--I've never seen Luke manhandled by a OL till bergs first half.. 

36 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

As long as the Browns fans only talking points are referee calls, then the team, the city, the fan base and reporters will.co tinue to bottom.dwellers

And if there's anyone on here who knows something about being a "bottom", it would be Ghoolie. 

58 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

As long as the Browns fans only talking points are referee calls, then the team, the city, the fan base and reporters will.co tinue to bottom.dwellers

I'm talking about the way they make these calls in general not being consistent. I just used those two as examples because one just happened tonight and the other I know everyone here saw and would know the exact play I'm talking about because this is a Shmucking Browns board. I even say in the post that you quoted that the refs or the league are not out to get the Browns. Yet you do the same thing you do in every post, cherry pick.

The Packers fans complained about calls for the first 3 weeks because of calls on Clay Matthews are they bottom dwellers? Your schtick is old and tired get a new one.

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Cam Newton and the high powered Panthers are quietly having a great season, and should have no problem baffling the Steelers defense. Big Gay Ben makes another critical turnover. PANTHERS 34 STEELERS 26

Yes.  the Panthers are probably the best team that the Steelers have played thus far.

Your CAR 34  PIT 26 prediction is valid in that I would not have been surprised, had that been the result.

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

ben was selling that call before contact either way..Eric Reid turns his head from contact, like he is now coached..but it's impossible to separate your shoulder pads from your turning head at any speed :huh:.Totally crazy Reid gets tossed making shoulder pad contact in a game of football. Edit--I've never seen Luke manhandled by a OL till bergs first half.. 

I didn't even see any contact.  Maybe you can see some contact on the replay but I only saw it at full game speed.  It looked like a miss. . . .  . .  ummmm OK, in slow motion, I can see the hit. It looked avoidable.

5 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Grazed? Lmao. He got pummeled. The league is far from consistent from week to week and that's half the problem. However to say Ben got Grazed only highlights your obvious blindness.

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Grazed? Lmao. He got pummeled. The league is far from consistent from week to week and that's half the problem. However to say Ben got Grazed only highlights your obvious blindness.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/8/18077932/eric-reid-ejection-ben-roethlisberger-panthers-steelers

If you actually pay attention (I know that's hard for you) ben is already turning his head to the side as Reid is coming down. Because of that with Reid grazing him it looks worse than what it was. So yes, he was grazed.

Btw, it's always going to be pathetic to be another teams fan board. I'm not an name caller, it's just sad. 

9 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Eric Reid gets ejected for barely grazing Ben Roethlisberger in the head when Roethlisberger slid late, but Baker Mayfield gets ear holed and we don't even get a Shmucking flag. I'm not saying the refs or the league have it out for the Browns but the consistency with which these calls are made is laughable.

I swear there's a memo Tagliabue signed in the league office back in 1999...."Cleveland got their name. team, & colors back. That's all they need, screw 'em over like the Lions and Raiders."

Look, to make it clear I'm not saying by rule that's NOT a penalty. I'm fine with the guy getting 15 yards there cause he was going into the slide. The simple point here is that the referees this year have been the by worse, by far, in all the years I've watched football. To have THAT play get a player ejected and have Baker get demolished and have the flag picked up is just gross incompetence.  

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Nah man, eff that line of thinking. One bad call in a game of inches is the difference between winning and losing. We've had FOUR "we're sorry we messed up" from the NFL this year on gross incompetent calls. One call (the raiders game) would have literally put the game away for the Browns. There's a point where it's right to point out the egregious double standard because it's right in front of our faces this year. Can the Browns do better to win? Hell yeah. But this situation is so bad they actually fired someone over it. It's a huge problem and the NFL knows it because unlike other major sports the "old guard" reffing association refuses to bend.

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

It was more than grazed and hardly pummeled.   Clearly a penalty, not sure it warranted an ejection.    The hit on Luck early in the season got a guy ejected and a Falcons DB got ejected as well in a game for similiar hits that happened on Baker, which of course resulted in the flag being picked up.

The inconsistency is the real problem.   What is a penalty and ejection in one game (like last night) could be not even a penalty in a game on Sunday.  There's hundreds of examples just from this season alone at how inconsistent they are with what is called and what isn't and that's what makes it hard to watch. 

On 11/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, Zombo said:

Funny, they picked up the flag and said no penalty.

One week later later, Whitehead gets an invoice from Goodell for $10k.

That's the NFL's way of saying they screwed up...without saying they screwed up. 

6 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Cry Cry Cry. HOld on to this to your death beds. Idiots.

OK so we're all idiots again, here we go. Someone please fill in "gool the fool" on the prestigious award below and mail it to him to add to his collection.

While you're at it explain to him how and why some people and regions are actually loyal fans no matter what and don't just go and bitch about the same old stuff over and over ad nausaem. We all know already what has happened to the BROWNS since 1990 when Art the dodger ran them into nonexistence in the NFL and everything else in the 38 years since then. D'UH WE GET IT, we're not idiots, turncoats from Youngstown or like some just big foul mouth, juvenile, immature crybabies. We choose to be CLEVELAND BROWNS FANS, get it? I guess not. :lol:

Now find some nice steelrz board and go there, buy your lost wages, NV football gear and be happy......just *poof* disappear from here, you'll feel better, honest you will. Oh and BTW there is no such word as ghool or ghoolie in the English or any other dictionary but you know that, lol. Don't believe me try dictionary.com. What a dumbazz. 

Oh look out now comes the black Tarkenton, OL are a dime a dozen, Paul Brown is dead and all of the other "gool" dead horses out of the ground! What a loser.

b7d.jpg

22 hours ago, Mark O said:

It was more than grazed and hardly pummeled.   Clearly a penalty, not sure it warranted an ejection.    The hit on Luck early in the season got a guy ejected and a Falcons DB got ejected as well in a game for similiar hits that happened on Baker, which of course resulted in the flag being picked up.

The inconsistency is the real problem.   What is a penalty and ejection in one game (like last night) could be not even a penalty in a game on Sunday.  There's hundreds of examples just from this season alone at how inconsistent they are with what is called and what isn't and that's what makes it hard to watch. 

It warranted an ejection.

It is not the severity of the hit that matters, but rather the act of going after the QB after he IS ALREADY DOWN that warrants an ejection.

What  needs to be cleared up is that what happened to Baker and Dak  is not exactly the same thing that happened to Ben and Cam, as so many of us would like to believe.

Although the refs got it wrong with Baker and Dak...Baker was just starting into his slide when he got hit.  That should have warranted a penalty and a fine....Not necessarily a suspension.

Ben and Cam were already on the ground and nearly completed their slide when the defender struck...that's why the players on both teams got pissed and came to the aid of their QB. Clearly flagrant and warranting a suspension.

What was consistent were the ejections. What was not consistent were the calls.

Video of the hit on Baker:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/10/24/18013828/worst-call-week-7-why-dangerous-hits-dak-prescott-baker-mayfield-werent-flagged-browns-cowboys

The hit on Cam Newton in which the defender Kazee was ejected:

Sure he took a harder hit than Ben, but as I said,  the severity of the hit is irrelevant.

So Hot Tub night was a success ... even if one of the girls refuses to get out of the hot tub ...

_MG_8198.jpg

And, she's wearing Falcons colors, damn ... Oh well.

Here is what goes down tomorrow:

New Orleans at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

The Bungles are in the drivers seat for a playoff spot at the halfway mark, but ... they feel so/so at best, don't they? New Orleans is not so/so ... Drew Brees is a machine. A machine that will consume PBS turf all day. SAINTS 37 BUNGLES 20

d2f9a8bb5af157fb194c8dd6549bbe07.jpg

Atlanta at Cleveland 1:00 PM

The Falcons are the only team to make the playoffs in the NFC the past two seasons, but after a 1-4 start they are running uphill this year. Three wins in a row have them back on fire, but here, lo and behold, is a TOTAL TRAP GAME. Yes, the Browns cooled off after a promising start, and heads rolled, and they took their beating against KC like good boys ... But this is Baker Mayfield's team now, and this isn't going to be the same old Browns getting pounded in the second half of the season and hoping for high draft pick kind a year ... No, this is going to be a "let's kick this thing in gear" year, and the Falcons are the Browns first unknowing victim to their young talent in what will be an exciting second half of the season in Cleveland for a change. Baker Mayfield 3 TDS and 334 yards passing, Nick Chubb 140 yards on the ground, Myles Garrett 3 sacks ... BROWNS 34 FALCONS 24 

TZG

On 11/9/2018 at 6:23 AM, jrb12711 said:

1 hour ago, StinkHole said:

It warranted an ejection.

It is not the severity of the hit that matters, but rather the act of going after the QB after he IS ALREADY DOWN that warrants an ejection.

Ben and Cam were already on the ground and nearly completed their slide when the defender struck...

Nah..it's a whoosie rule written by attorneys that don't have to tackle 240lb.QB's..^^Blow up above video & frame to frame from 11 to 13 seconds. Flacco did this same thing in a Miami game last season, to the tune of about losing his head..Just as any player, Once Reid commits he would have had to target Ben's head.It's nonsense guys get tossed taking head/helmet out of play & Pad is targeted at contact zone.. considering game is at full speed Edit--Does a Steeler fan notice the penalty marked off, is not even close to where Ben's knee goes down? Even marking prober ball spot has been a adventure all season, even with replay..    

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

So Hot Tub night was a success ... even if one of the girls refuses to get out of the hot tub ...

_MG_8198.jpg

And, she's wearing Falcons colors, damn ... Oh well.

Here is what goes down tomorrow:

New Orleans at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

The Bungles are in the drivers seat for a playoff spot at the halfway mark, but ... they feel so/so at best, don't they? New Orleans is not so/so ... Drew Brees is a machine. A machine that will consume PBS turf all day. SAINTS 37 BUNGLES 20

d2f9a8bb5af157fb194c8dd6549bbe07.jpg

The Falcons are the only team to make the playoffs in the NFC the past two seasons, but after a 1-4 start they are running uphill this year. Three wins in a row have them back on fire, but here, lo and behold, is a TOTAL TRAP GAME. Yes, the Browns cooled off after a promising start, and heads rolled, and they took their beating against KC like good boys ... But this is Baker Mayfield's team now, and this isn't going to be the same old Browns getting pounded in the second half of the season and hoping for high draft pick kind a year ... No, this is going to be a "let's kick this thing in gear" year, and the Falcons are the Browns first unknowing victim to their young talent in what will be an exciting second half of the season in Cleveland for a change. Baker Mayfield 3 TDS and 334 yards passing, Nick Chubb 140 yards on the ground, Myles Garrett 3 sacks ... BROWNS 34 FALCONS 24 

TZG

Browns always beat Falcons.  Remember 2002.....Browns clinched their only playoff spot since 1994  when they beat the Falcons......but it was in that game that Tim Couch got hurt....and Kelly Holcomb came in.   And he should have won a playoff game vs. Steelers...if not for The Drop......which you posted earlier.

To me  The Drop  should be as infamous in Browns history  as  The Drive, The Fumble, Red Right 88.

But the Browns rarely drop it vs. Falcons.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:27 PM, mjp28 said:

Well my week 10 six pack on Thursday.

PIT -4 over car -and- ATL -4 over Cleveland, yes breaking my cardinal rule #1 betting for pit or against CLE or ND, screws me every time.

Plus CIN +4, GB -10, LAC -11 and PHI -7 which is also my survivor!  So there you go.......

Holy smokes pizzburgh destroyed carolina, I'm 1-0. :o

12 hours ago, Zombo said:

TZG

I'll be at the game tomorrow and rooting for the Browns to win.

Archived