THE BROWNS BOARD

Court Justice Ginsburg falls - breaks ribs

calfoxwc

she should retire. It really must be tough to be way up in years, and get hurt in a fall and break bones. Not good.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/11/08/breaking-ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-after-fall-in-her-office

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Probably shouldn't be lifetime appointments

Got to agree with the wood man on this. I wouldn't want to see a clusterfuk like we would have if it was for 6 or 8 years but at the point senility makes it impossible to perform your duties it's time to step down. And that of course would vary from person to person.

WSS

11 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I also agree...and while we’re at it, term limits for Congress.

...yeah, and "elected too many times" limits, so guys like DeWine go away. The guy has been in public office since 1980. Why are voters in Ohio ok with this?

not my first choice - but you okay with Cordray, the corrupt scumbucket ? those were the two choices.

Dewine - staunch supporter of our 2nd Amendment.

Cordray, - asswipe anti-gun.https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/cordray-seeks-ban-all-second-amendment-rights-military-aged-adults

Sep 4, 2017 - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Richard Cordray is ... site attacks Cordray and calls the CFPB "one of America's most corrupt ...

Richard Cordray, Consumed by Partisan Politics, Mick Mulvaney ...

Nov 27, 2017 - On November 24, 2017, Richard Cordray resigned as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. His final year in office, and ...
Jul 10, 2018 - Ohio GOP Knocks Dem Candidate Cordray for Hypocritical Attack on ... to go in a tight governor race, @MikeDeWine finally calls ECOT 'corrupt.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

...yeah, and "elected too many times" limits, so guys like DeWine go away. The guy has been in public office since 1980. Why are voters in Ohio ok with this?

Sherrod Brown first took office in 1974, when Gerald Ford was Prez.

15 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:
16 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Sherrod Brown first took office in 1974, when Gerald Ford was Prez.

So, Bob, you should quit getting your opinions from the latest union email. Canton Dawg NAILED IT.

but unions LOOOOVVVVVEEEE Sherrod Brown, so.....

I actually didn't realize that about Brown, so point taken.

Cal, you're insane on some of your takes. Yeah, I'm union and proud of it. That doesn't mean I worship and believe everything about the Dem party. Chill the eff out.

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I actually didn't realize that about Brown, so point taken.

Cal, you're insane on some of your takes. Yeah, I'm union and proud of it. That doesn't mean I worship and believe everything about the Dem party. Chill the eff out.

I am chilled. But you bop in every once in a while, which is cool, and you say something that is so union-sided. If you just really did forget about Sherrod Brown, sorry - but I'm not up to figuring you forgot, until you say you forgot. You are extremely ignorantly pro-union to a blindly partisan fault with several of your takes. Let me know which ones of mine you think are "insane".

Back in the day, unions protected workers from unfair labor practices, poor unfair wages, and health hazards, etc.

Now, unions nitpick issues that don't matter, they have to find ways of being active to justify their giant salaries at the top.

and a few big unions - most notoriously, the AFL-CIO, are pro-marxist and hard core democrat. Makes no sense to be a union member, and have to pay dues to a union that represents the opposite of your values politically.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Back in the day, unions protected workers from unfair labor practices, poor unfair wages, and health hazards, etc.

Now, unions nitpick issues that don't matter, they have to find ways of being active to justify their giant salaries at the top.

and a few big unions - most notoriously, the AFL-CIO, are pro-marxist and hard core democrat. Makes no sense to be a union member, and have to pay dues to a union that represents the opposite of your values politically.

Shop at a Wal Mart,a portion goes to right  wing causes. Buy gasoline, a portion goes to right wing causes shop at Home Depot or Lowes, money to the Koch Brothers.....but that's perfectly fine.

Ask for payroll deductions, demand payroll deductions..apparently wrong. Republicans contradict themselves, always.

Shmuck you

I have worked for union and non-union places. One of the union places I worked at was terrible. The employees actually voted to take a pay cut to help the company, and the owner of the company was on the union board. Then the company sold out and all the employees were left out in the cold

But I’ve also worked for a union company that was great. We had awesome benefits, great pay and the union was always helping the members first. 

It just depends on the union and company working together and not against each other

Cal, Happy Thanksgiving.

While you and I may never see eye-to-eye on politics, I wish you well. I agree with you that the FAR left is crazy, but you can't see 1 degree left of center ever, and just attack any post left of center always.

Be good, bye.

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Cal, Happy Thanksgiving.

While you and I may never see eye-to-eye on politics, I wish you well. I agree with you that the FAR left is crazy, but you can't see 1 degree left of center ever, and just attack any post left of center always.

Be good, bye.

Oh yeah? well, Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you, Bob. I'm not good at every frickin thing. I do have a few...minor faults...but in a good way.:rolleyes:

Archived