THE BROWNS BOARD

Le'Vion Bell for the Browns

Dick Mellon

1 hour ago, Dick Mellon said:

He's in Pittsburgh. He will fail his physical.

If the Browns need a fat-out-of-shape RB who can't pass a drug test, to run behind that shítty O-line then he will be available.

Our two running backs both averaging over five yards per carry ... Good luck to ya!

Zombo

I told Vagitron that he was silly if he thought that they Steelers could replace a potential HOF type RB (Bell) with an unproven  RB (Conner).

So, I admit that I was probably wrong.     But what I was wrong about is not that Conner would be an HOF level .    I was more likely wrong in my assessment of Bell.  He may in fact have been just another  competent RB.....one whose talent was eminently replaceable by another good RB.  Instead of possibly being one of the 2-3 best RBs playing.....he may have been just one of a couple of dozen good RBs.   And it may be that the success of Bell (and Conner) is more attributable to how well the Squibs OL is coached and plays. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

PEDs? Maybe, but...

Fat? Out of shape? Bell?

It will be interesting to see what the Steelers do with him, assuming he passes. They have to pay him, and they can't trade him either. 

Would they go tit for tat and make him inactive, or sit Connor and play him every down? 

56 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It will be interesting to see what the Steelers do with him, assuming he passes. They have to pay him, and they can't trade him either. 

Would they go tit for tat and make him inactive, or sit Connor and play him every down? 

Make him a tackling dummy on the practice squad. Then send WalMart a good job reference- after all,he applied for a job there.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I told Vagitron that he was silly if he thought that they Steelers could replace a potential HOF type RB (Bell) with an unproven  RB (Conner).

So, I admit that I was probably wrong.     But what I was wrong about is not that Conner would be an HOF level .    I was more likely wrong in my assessment of Bell.  He may in fact have been just another  competent RB.....one whose talent was eminently replaceable by another good RB.  Instead of possibly being one of the 2-3 best RBs playing.....he may have been just one of a couple of dozen good RBs.   And it may be that the success of Bell (and Conner) is more attributable to how well the Squibs OL is coached and plays. 

Bell is an all-poor, but HOF is crazy high of a floor to give him.

He reminds me more of a Chris Johnson type, that has a couple great seasons, then falls to mediocracy. 

16 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I said from day one the Steeler would not miss a step.They never do. THAT is what a great organization does.

Dorsey blows.

With great organizations do is they get a Hall of Fame type quarterback. That’s it and or an outstanding defense of coach so it is talent that they acquire that is the key nothing else. 

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

With great organizations do is they get a Hall of Fame type quarterback. That’s it and or an outstanding defense of coach so it is talent that they acquire that is the key nothing else. 

This is total cowpoop gipper. Yes those things play a factor but continuity, drafting, not over paying players, team culture, coaching and of course ownership all play a role. Cowher for example didn't even want to draft Ben, he wanted to draft Jason Peter's but the rooneys forced the issue and the team drafted Ben.

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

This is total cowpoop gipper. Yes those things play a factor but continuity, drafting, not over paying players, team culture, coaching and of course ownership all play a role. Cowher for example didn't even want to draft Ben, he wanted to draft Jason Peter's but the rooneys forced the issue and the team drafted Ben.

Team culture means nothing. it’s just some pussy buzz word that has no substance or meaning. Team culture simply means good drafting talented players and good coaching so don’t tell me about team culture. And ownership means nothing other than paying bills and picking the right people to run your organization. 50% of all of the above comes down sometimes to luck 

13 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Bell is a potential HOF'er and would make the browns winners!!!!

How about Bell for that Denzell Ward character?

You're kidding right? You have a guy (Le'veon) who wants a cap busting deal, and already has 5 years worth of wear on the tires. OTOH Ward is locked in on a relatively cheap rookie deal, and shows signs of being one of the few shut down corners the Browns have ever had. Already looking better than Joe Haden in his prime. 

Man, the Steelers would take that trade in a New York minute, and say "thanks a lot- suckers".  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

You're kidding right? You have a guy (Le'veon) who wants a cap busting deal, and already has 5 years worth of wear on the tires. OTOH Ward is locked in on a relatively cheap rookie deal, and shows signs of being one of the few shut down corners the Browns have ever had. Already looking better than Joe Haden in his prime. 

Man, the Steelers would take that trade in a New York minute, and say "thanks a lot- suckers".  

Yeah I was just goofing around.  That trade would never happen.

Love to have Ward. He's top notch for sure.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bell was proven eminently replaceable.   In fact...so was Conners.    He went out with a concussion last night and the Steelers running game did not really miss a beat.

That's kinda silly.

Connor went out in the 4th. He was averaging 5 yards a pop!

His replacements? ...fresh legs who went up against a worn out, beat up Panther D?

Ridley had 26 yds. and averaged 3.2 yards per carry...

Samuels had 7 monster yds on 5 carries.

If you want to call that "not missing a beat" OK...but it does not in no way shape or form prove that Connor is replaceable.

The kid is gonna be a star.

42 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

That's kinda silly.

His replacements? ...fresh legs who went up against a worn out, beat up Panther D?

If you want to call that "not missing a beat" OK...but it does not in no way shape or form prove that Connor is replaceable.

But when they were running the ball, they being Samuels and Ridley, the Panthers were stacking the Box because the Steelers had the game in hand and they knew they were going to be running the ball. As well as the Steelers not really calling run plays they thought were going to be home runs and complacency along the Steelers offense. So it's not fair to go off yards-per-carry because Conner in the late 3rd and early fourth quarter was getting stuffed at line quite a bit also due to those same reasons

1 hour ago, StinkHole said:

That's kinda silly.

No all the Steelers have to do is plug in any old body behind that line and they’ll probably do well

With Conner in protocol and Bell on the threshold...

I wonder if the PTG brass decides to just work their soon to be departing RB to death during his 6-games plus playoffs?

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

To be honest, Nick Chubb reminds me a bit of Bell. 

Patience, vision, power, athletic ability. 

I agree.  Chubb has shown rare patience when waiting for holes to open.   Reminds me a lot of Bell in the running game.

Archived