THE BROWNS BOARD

Obammy historical file: Using white Marines to hold umbrella for him and his muslim friend

DieHardBrownsFan

46 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

his vile and destructive affect on our country will live in infamy, for good, documented reasons.

Obama was typical of many democrats who try to hide their real views from the public and  pretend they are more moderate than they really are. 

15 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Whether the Marines were white or not to me is not relevant. To me I find it disgusting the image of the Marines as being used as stooges holding up umbrellas for Obama  and Erdogan of Turkey. The White House has interns to do that kind of thing.

Ey2zdvC_d.jpg.5f3a89dc0bf12f4be7b0e143e9f52351.jpg

1975+Presidential+Umbrella+Lt.+Col.+Robe

bush-i-umbrella.jpg

giphy.gif.878b8a68c5e084ebd862c54f210817ae.gif

"Thomas McInerney, a former United States Air Force Lieutenant General, said that the president showed a ‘lack of respect’ by making the soldier shelter him from a shower, which made him ‘look like a butler’

He also said that the President has plenty of aides so did not understand why one of them could not have held the umbrella.

The President caused a stir when he summoned over two marines to keep him dry at a press conference in the Rose Garden.

The marines held an umbrella over the President and the Turkish Prime Minister individually as Obama made jokes about the weather.

However, for some the move was not a laughing matter particularly as it is a breach of protocol for marines to hold umbrellas while in uniform. 

Lt Gen McInerney told MailOnline that he found it particularly insulting how the President at one point his his hand under the marine’s arm ‘like he wasn’t doing a good job or something’.

He said: ‘The President has stood in the rain before without an umbrella and a marine would generally stand there without holding an umbrella.'

‘He isn’t some kind of butler or something.

‘It makes the other guy (the other marine) look like a butler too.'

‘I think it’s a lack of respect for the marine, that’s what I think.'

‘I don’t understand why one of his aides could not have held the umbrella. The marine is a warrior but the aides are not.’

Lt Gen McInerney, 76, served in Vietnam and fought with NATO and was commander of the 11th Air Force in Alaska before retiring.

Uhm pretty much what I said Jbluhm....😅

No matter my personal feelings for the man, if I was a marine assigned to Trump I'd hold the umbrella for him without question. Cause im a marine. I've crawled through literal sht while having live rounds shot over my head. A few rain drops mean sht to me. So when Reagan, Bush..jr AND sr...had marines do that, it was fine. Colored boy asks marines to hold the umbrella....now wait just a minute there N*****!!!

30 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

No matter my personal feelings for the man, if I was a marine assigned to Trump I'd hold the umbrella for him without question. Cause im a marine. I've crawled through literal sht while having live rounds shot over my head. A few rain drops mean sht to me. So when Reagan, Bush..jr AND sr...had marines do that, it was fine. Colored boy asks marines to hold the umbrella....now wait just a minute there N*****!!!

My personal feelings don't change either because of race. If there are White House aides to hold umbrellas for any president than they should be doing it and not Marines in uniform. And yes that would go for Reagan or Bush, not just Obama.

Since you were never a Marine crawling through the mud and dodging bullets here is a view from a real one:

"One, stop calling Marines "soldiers." I am a former Marine, not a soldier. Soldiers are in the Army. It's the US Marine Corps, not the Soldier Corps. And two, that Marine should not have been asked to hold that umbrella. It is in the USMC uniform regs that male Marines never ever carry an umbrella. They should have had some civilian aide hold it and not put that Marine in the position of having to do something against regulations."

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

However, for some the move was not a laughing matter particularly as it is a breach of protocol for marines to hold umbrellas while in uniform. 

Uhm pretty much what I said Jbluhm....😅

Well, first of all, your "source" was wrong when he said that it is a breach of protocol:

The Blaze: Was It Against Uniform Protocol for the Marine to Hold Obama’s Umbrella?

"As TheBlaze blog pointed out yesterday — and many other stories covering President Barack Obama’s press conference outside the White House showed — the Commander in Chief called in Marines to hold umbrellas over him and the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan as it began to rain during an outdoor press conference.

But now the Internet is starting to buzz with an interesting angle: Was it actually out of Marine uniform protocol for the Marines to hold the weather-shielding items?"

...TheBlaze contacted the the Marines’ and was also referred to Title 10 responsibilities of the United States Code, specifically this portion of the section (emphasis added):

• The Marine Corps, within the Department of the Navy, shall be so organized as to include not less than three combat divisions and three air wings, and such other land combat, aviation, and other services as may be organic therein. The Marine Corps shall be organized, trained, and equipped to provide fleet marine forces of combined arms, together with supporting air components, for service with the fleet in the seizure or defense of advanced naval bases and for the conduct of such land operations as may be essential to the prosecution of a naval campaign. In addition, the Marine Corps shall provide detachments and organizations for service on armed vessels of the Navy, shall provide security detachments for the protection of naval property at naval stations and basesand shall perform such other duties as the President may direct. However, these additional duties may not detract from or interfere with the operations for which the Marine Corps is primarily organized.

Given that the president is defined as the Commander in Chief “of the Army and Navy of the United States…” by the Constitution and that fact that the Marines’ dress code protocol says “the Commandant or higher authority” can authorize “articles that are not authorized for wear as a part of a regulation uniform,” is the president considered a commander with this ability?

The spokesperson for the Marines said “certainly.”

Secondly, what your source stated and what you "pretty much said" are two different things. Here is what you stated:

17 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Whether the Marines were white or not to me is not relevant. To me I find it disgusting the image of the Marines as being used as stooges holding up umbrellas for Obama  and Erdogan of Turkey. The White House has interns to do that kind of thing.

So, are you implying that it's rude for the President of the United States, in general, to request a Marine or another member of the armed services to hold his umbrella while he makes a speech? Presidents, by the way, who had their own "interns" in their administration who could do what you suggested? As I just posted above, it's not a breach of military protocol, so is it just a faux pas of Presidential administrations past and present to continue to use the military in such a way? If so, your critique of other presidents in the past, both Democrat and Republicans, must have not made it into your original comment, as I can't find it anywhere on this thread. Or, since he's the only one you mentioned, were you implying that it was rude for just Obama to do that, and the other presidents doing it was just "meh"? If so, it's a bit hypocritical of you to hold that position.

I understand many people, including yourself, do not like Obama, but is this umbrella thing from over 5 years ago the metaphorical hill you're really wanting to fight and die over about him?

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Well, first of all, your "source" was wrong when he said that it is a breach of protocol:

The Blaze: Was It Against Uniform Protocol for the Marine to Hold Obama’s Umbrella?

"As TheBlaze blog pointed out yesterday — and many other stories covering President Barack Obama’s press conference outside the White House showed — the Commander in Chief called in Marines to hold umbrellas over him and the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan as it began to rain during an outdoor press conference.

But now the Internet is starting to buzz with an interesting angle: Was it actually out of Marine uniform protocol for the Marines to hold the weather-shielding items?"

...TheBlaze contacted the the Marines’ and was also referred to Title 10 responsibilities of the United States Code, specifically this portion of the section (emphasis added):

• The Marine Corps, within the Department of the Navy, shall be so organized as to include not less than three combat divisions and three air wings, and such other land combat, aviation, and other services as may be organic therein. The Marine Corps shall be organized, trained, and equipped to provide fleet marine forces of combined arms, together with supporting air components, for service with the fleet in the seizure or defense of advanced naval bases and for the conduct of such land operations as may be essential to the prosecution of a naval campaign. In addition, the Marine Corps shall provide detachments and organizations for service on armed vessels of the Navy, shall provide security detachments for the protection of naval property at naval stations and basesand shall perform such other duties as the President may direct. However, these additional duties may not detract from or interfere with the operations for which the Marine Corps is primarily organized.

Given that the president is defined as the Commander in Chief “of the Army and Navy of the United States…” by the Constitution and that fact that the Marines’ dress code protocol says “the Commandant or higher authority” can authorize “articles that are not authorized for wear as a part of a regulation uniform,” is the president considered a commander with this ability?

The spokesperson for the Marines said “certainly.”

Secondly, what your source stated and what you "pretty much said" are two different things. Here is what you stated:

So, are you implying that it's rude for the President of the United States, in general, to request a Marine or another member of the armed services to hold his umbrella while he makes a speech? Presidents, by the way, who had their own "interns" in their administration who could do what you suggested? As I just posted above, it's not a breach of military protocol, so is it just a faux pas of Presidential administrations past and present to continue to use the military in such a way? If so, your critique of other presidents in the past, both Democrat and Republicans, must have not made it into your original comment, as I can't find it anywhere on this thread. Or, since he's the only one you mentioned, were you implying that it was rude for just Obama to do that, and the other presidents doing it was just "meh"? If so, it's a bit hypocritical of you to hold that position.

I understand many people, including yourself, do not like Obama, but is this umbrella thing from over 5 years ago the metaphorical hill you're really wanting to fight and die over about him?

Sorry it is a breach of conduct for a marines to hold umbrellas while in uniform. That might be waived by a president requesting them to do so but then why would a president make the request when they have White House aids and interns who could hold the umbrellas. Maybe a president who doesn't respect the military? 

What I pretty much said was it made the Marines look like stooges while the General stated it made them look like butlers. Close enough. 

10 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

From now on, I want Trump to use two black Marines to hold his umbrella.  Imagine the 'racist' charges from the left, LOL.

That's funny and probably also true. But...

Any United States Marine would show this kind of respect for any president of the United States. Race doesn't have anything to do with it.

WSS

5 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Sorry it is a breach of conduct for a marines to hold umbrellas while in uniform. That might be waived by a president requesting them to do so but then why would a president make the request when they have White House aids and interns who could hold the umbrellas. Maybe a president who doesn't respect the military?...

So - by your logic -  i'm guessing you must believe that presidents from Nixon onward didn't respect the military, since they all had aids and interns that could hold an umbrella for them, yet each one of them were photographed having military personnel do it for them? You still haven't addressed why those president's having military servicemen hold umbrellas for them was kosher, but Obama having them hold one for him is somehow disrespectful towards the military?

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Any United States Marine would show this kind of respect for any president of the United States. Race doesn't have anything to do with it.

WSS

You're not supposed to spoil the ending to this nothingburger with the obvious logical conclusion until we're at least 3 pages deep in this thread, Steve.

😀

44 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

So - by your logic -  i'm guessing you must believe that presidents from Nixon onward didn't respect the military, since they all had aids and interns that could hold an umbrella for them, yet each one of them were photographed having military personnel do it for them? You still haven't addressed why those president's having military servicemen hold umbrellas for them was kosher, but Obama having them hold one for him is somehow disrespectful towards the military?

Uhm....listen up. I don't think uniformed soldiers should be holding umbrellas for any president when there are aids who can do it. 

Posted earlier:

"My personal feelings don't change either because of race. If there are White House aides to hold umbrellas for any president than they should be doing it and not Marines in uniform. And yes that would go for Reagan or Bush, not just Obama."

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

we literally converse here at the browns poly board with the worst examples of humans this society has to offer. Pure ideologue cowards. These shitkunts know "zero" shame. They have no principle and no honour to their names. Utter failures. 

Come on now. Bush wasn't a black president so it was OK for a marine to hold the umbrella for him. If that picture of Obama upset you, you need to take a good look at yourself and find out why.

See this picture upset me. I guess it isn't the draft dodger fault that he doesn't understand he shouldn't be saluting and enemy general.  

Image result for Trump salutes North Korea

48 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Come on now. Bush wasn't a black president so it was OK for a marine to hold the umbrella for him. If that picture of Obama upset you, you need to take a good look at yourself and find out why.

See this picture upset me. I guess it isn't the draft dodger fault that he doesn't understand he shouldn't be saluting and enemy general.  

Give me a break. Those of us who call balls and strikes with Trump criticized him for saluting this North Korean general. Your problem is your TDS that prevents you from giving Trump  any credit for anything. 

Unlike Obama who sent billions of dollars in cash to Iran to pay ransom to get hostages released Trump got our hostages out of North Korea without paying ransom. The missiles have stopped flying over Japan and the remains of our servicemen from the Korean war were returned to the U S. In the meantime sanctions have not been lifted. Previous administrations failed miserably in giving North Korea billions of dollars in aid in trying to get N. Korea's cooperation.

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Since your TDS won't allow it, I'll remind you of the time Prez Trump picks up a hat that came off of a soldier.

image.png.36dd891213a5328435f0b42cf818d3e7.png

https://www.financialexpress.com/world-news/blowing-in-the-wind-when-donald-trump-marine-hat-video-clip-played-good-samaritan-and-broke-the-internet-watch/755700/

you've all been shown pictures of past white presidents using marines as their umbrella bitch.....yet u have the nerve to keep throwing the term "trump derangement sybdrome" out there when ur rehashing something the ex black president did now what, 4-5 years ago? u guys are sociopaths, quite literally. 

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Since your TDS won't allow it, I'll remind you of the time Prez Trump picks up a hat that came off of a soldier.

image.png.36dd891213a5328435f0b42cf818d3e7.png

https://www.financialexpress.com/world-news/blowing-in-the-wind-when-donald-trump-marine-hat-video-clip-played-good-samaritan-and-broke-the-internet-watch/755700/

Well sh*t, that total makes up for a US president saluting a North Korea general. At least for TDIMS anyways. You guys love your war hero, Cadet Bone Spurs.

Archived