THE BROWNS BOARD

Kirksey and Gaines

darren15

7 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Both on IR done for the season .....

Seriously?   What did they do? 

Does this mean now that we will have to become familiar with the likes of Tanner Vallejo,  Ray Ray Armstrong, Tavierre Thomas,  Tigie Sankoh, and Xavier Woodson-Luster.

Yes...these are guys on the Browns roster or PS...who could be move up.

It seems that it is ALWAYS the way with this team.  They have a hard enough time with the talent they have starting....and then a whole slew of them get injured and the season turns to shite.

They are important losses to be sure, but I'm not giving up...Time for "next man up".

Injuries happen. If there is an upside, it is in gaining game experience for the younger players, aka building depth.

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

They are important losses to be sure, but I'm not giving up...Time for "next man up".

Injuries happen. If there is an upside, it is in gaining game experience for the younger players, aka building depth.

Mike

Gaines has probably played his last game as a Brown (one year deal) so let's see what the younger backups have.

Glad Denzel Ward's name was not in the headline.

I guess the Denzels (Ward and Rice) start at the corners with Carrie in the slot ... Then there is that Taverries Thomas dude and Boddy Calhoun/ Damarious Randall can always chip in if we get healthy at safety.

Z

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Gaines has probably played his last game as a Brown (one year deal) so let's see what the younger backups have.

I guess the Denzels (Ward and Rice) start at the corners with Carrie in the slot ... Then there is that Taverries Thomas dude and Boddy Calhoun/ Damarious Randall can always chip in if we get healthy at safety.

Z

Gaines should be seriously thinking about not playing football anywhere ever again with 2 concussions in 3 weeks. 

45 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

Injury report for today Shobert- limited, good news. Ward- DNP Williams presser should be coming up shortly with more info...   

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Injury report for today Shobert- limited, good news. Ward- DNP Williams presser should be coming up shortly with more info...   

Williams said Ward and Collins should be good to go this weekend.

Ward & EJ both played under 8 plays due to injury against KC. And we still gave up less points than Pitt did against KC. Add Kirksey going down, Williams defense has not quit.Carrie never took a snap week 1. EJ Gaines did not play week 1 Pitt. or week 2 with Saints.As a unit, with Denzel Ward playing every game to date. EJ & Terrance Mitchell only played 2 games as a full unit with Ward, against Jets & Oakland.Our injury luck sucks, even if we had any..CB/ST-Denzel Rice was cut today. Making room for 2 roster adds. Former KC/Bills CB-Phillip Gaines was added after starting 6 games with 30 tackles but 3 PI's in 4 games was a Bills cut this week. We also added former GB S-Jermaine Whitehead. Cut after slapping a Pats players helmet Sunday..Good Luck to EJ & Kirksey on a speedy recovery..  

14 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Jesus H...

Which of you didn't make your necessary sacrifice to the football gods before the season started?!?!  ... I want names. 

Isn't it funny that the guy who professed "Kill the head, and the body will die", the guy that offered bounties, the guy who talked about hitting dirty, going after a guy's ACL......the guy who Flugel said "will have the defense whipped up into a frenzy" is reaping the injuries he sowed?

It's funny to hear guys like Hoorta condemn people such as James Harrison, Shazier and Burfect(sp)....but forgive the disgusting bastard who created such thugs, all because he works for the Browns?

Call it Karma, call it "what goes around comes around".....but if I am Haslam, I am resting Garrett for the rest of the year.

Williams didn't bring the heat, he brought the mash unit.

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Williams didn't bring the heat, he brought the mash unit.

or just more schoolie mashing-potatoes?  Dorsey had nothing to do with Camela "IHOP" Erving making 🥞's in KC nor Cleveland..but you keep believing what you want...EDit---The Browns also added a Jets PS player yesterday which means he goes to active Roster..DB Juston Burris a 4th rd. pick in 2016

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

or just more schoolie mashing-potatoes?  Dorsey had nothing to do with Camela "IHOP" Erving making 🥞's in KC nor Cleveland..but you keep believing what you want...EDit---The Browns also added a Jets PS player yesterday which means he goes to active Roster..DB Juston Burris a 4th rd. pick in 2016

YES YES YES................. I get it...anything negative that happens, it has nothing to do with Dorsey. ANything positive happens, it is BECAUSE of Dorsey. Nice try, but it doesn't work that way.  Dorsey is the GM, Browns players performing well on other teams IS his peoblem.

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Injury report for today Shobert- limited, good news.

I can't see pushing guys with soft tissue injuries to play this Sunday with our BYE on the horizon.

20 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

Rice cut.

So I would say they are either starting the new Gaines at corner, or more likely they'll slide Randall down to corner.

I'm guessing corners are Warrd, Randall, Carrie ... Backed up by Gaines and Thomas ...

And Safeties are Pappers and Kindred with Boddy Calhoun and Whitehead in support.

Poor secondary coach has been through a lot this year.

Zombo

Archived