THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Path to the Playoffs

Zombo

On 12/11/2018 at 6:57 PM, bjh2130 said:

The ravens only need to lose two. If they beat the bucs but lose to browns and chargers they would finish 8-8 to the browns 8-7-1. Hell the Ravens could tie the chargers as long as Browns beat them they have identical records and Browns have the head to head 2-0.

In order of realistic possibility

Ravens finish 1-1-1 or worse (I put it at 70%)

Browns win out (45% those odds go Way up if they keep Baker upright this weekend in mile high and walk away with the win.)

Steelers lose out (10% i have close to zero faith in Bengals)

The Bengals have been a menace to the Steelers in the past, but they are the weak link, and of course we have to win Sunday, which we will.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2018 at 3:59 PM, hoorta said:

Really, last year the draft talk started the first week in October.  :)  To be mathematically alive for the postseason with three games to play is a vast improvement. LOL, in case you're interested, the Browns would currently draft #13.  

Not really worried about where we draft. We will be fine. It is exciting to actually be alive in December Larry. My God it has been a long time.

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Not really worried about where we draft. We will be fine. It is exciting to actually be alive in December Larry. My God it has been a long time.

It would be nice if we could at least stay alive one more week.....even if it is the longest of longshots.  Just for the vibe.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It would be nice if we could at least stay alive one more week.....even if it is the longest of longshots.  Just for the vibe.

The anticipation would grow exponentially week-to-week if they could keep winning......would be fun!

20 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Hey, remember when I started this thread when we were 2-6-1?

Your welcome.

Keep rooting against those teams ahead of us ... you never know...

Z

I think if Titans and Colts both win we are essentially eliminated from the wild card, because they play each other (unless they were to tie and we won tiebreakers).

Colts spanking Cowboys, are the Giants gonna show some life against Tits?

Zombo

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The two teams that beat the Browns - and man those games are even more frustrating now - Tampa Bay and Oakland, aren't helping us again now. Both losing to Baltimore and Cincinnati in the 3rd. 

Put Fitzmagic in!

Zombo

We could be out of contention if the Steelers win this very night, wouldn't we? 

7 minutes ago, FALCON7 said:

ZERO help so far today... :mad:  

Hey, the Dolphins lost.....  But as Z said, the Titans and Colts both winning shuts the door on a wild card, they play each other the last game of the season.   

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

We could be out of contention if the Steelers win this very night, wouldn't we? 

Squealers up 14-7 :(  Adding to the previous post Ravens have to lose out. But the Browns have something to shoot for- win out, winning record, a damsite better than 0-16. And mighty likely they will knock the Ratbirds out of the playoffs with a win.  

51 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

Yep. Even if they tie, both teams would have the tiebreaker over us.

Actually, we do own the tiebreaker over the Colts. I can’t even count apparently.

So we need the Tits to lose, then the Colts/Tits tie.

Steelers losing out would be more likely ha.

Disregard I guess the Steelers would hold the three team tiebreaker as well. As soon as the Ravens are eliminated from the 3 team tie-break it goes to Step 1 of A two-team tie-break which is head-to-head record in the Steelers hold that over the Browns.

I was just thinking for our best chance at a playoff scenario obviously we need to Steelers to lose this week and next week but a big help would be for the Ravens to tie the Chargers. Then in week 17 we would control our own destiny. Obviously in this scenario we would have to beat the Bengals as well but going into the last week if the Steelers lose tonight and next weekend and the Chargers tie the Ravens the Browns record would be 7-7-1 Steelers would be 7-7-1 and Ravens would be 8-6-1. If Browns beat the Ravens they both have the same record and the Browns would hold the tiebreak. If the Browns win and the Steelers win all three teams have the same record and you would have to go to conference record to break the tie between the Steelers and the Browns but the Browns would hold it. The Ravens would be out in the second tiebreaker of divisional record.

So even if the Steelers do pull this out tonight we are not theoretically out of it because if the Ravens were to tie the Chargers the Steelers could still lose in week 17 which would give us the tie-break over both due to divisional record.

Pretty much root for the impossible and root for a tie next week between the Chargers and Ravens for the best chance of the Browns going to the playoffs where they control their own destiny week 17 (and Browns wins of course)

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

I was just thinking for our best chance at a playoff scenario obviously we need to Steelers to lose this week and next week but a big help would be for the Ravens to tie the Chargers. Then in week 17 we would control our own destiny. Obviously in this scenario we would have to beat the Bengals as well but going into the last week if the Steelers lose tonight and next weekend and the Chargers tie the Ravens the Browns record would be 7-7-1 Steelers would be 7-7-1 and Ravens would be 8-6-1. If Browns beat the Ravens they both have the same record and the Browns would hold the tiebreak. If the Browns win and the Steelers win all three teams have the same record and you would have to go to conference record to break the tie between the Steelers and the Browns but the Browns would hold it. The Ravens would be out in the second tiebreaker of divisional record.

So even if the Steelers do pull this out tonight we are not theoretically out of it because if the Ravens were to tie the Chargers the Steelers could still lose in week 17 which would give us the tie-break over both due to divisional record.

Pretty much root for the impossible and root for a time next week between the Chargers and Ravens for the best chance of the Browns going to the playoffs (and Browns wins of course)

I was thinking that maybe there was a remote chance involving the tie, so thanks for posting this! 

I'm having fun with the NFL playoff predictor... We get the wildcard if we end up 8-7-1 all these 4: Colts, Titans, Ravens, Browns. We don't get the Division if Steelers win today. 

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm having fun with the NFL playoff predictor... We get the wildcard if we end up 8-7-1 all these 4: Colts, Titans, Ravens, Browns. We don't get the Division if Steelers win today. 

Are you sure? If the Browns Steelers and Ravens all end up 8-7-1 with the Steelers winning today means they lose to the Bengals. The first tiebreak is record among games between the three teams tied. Ravens 1-3 browns 2-1-1 Steelers 2-1-1 (ravens eliminated) next tiebreak is divisional records Browns would be 4-1-1 Steelers would be 3-2-1 (with losses to ravens earlier and Bengals week 17) giving the browns the tiebreak

6 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Are you sure? If the Browns Steelers and Ravens all end up 8-7-1 with the Steelers winning today means they lose to the Bengals. The first tiebreak is record among games between the three teams tied. Ravens 1-3 browns 2-1-1 Steelers 2-1-1 (ravens eliminated) next tiebreak is divisional records Browns would be 4-1-1 Steelers would be 3-2-1 (with losses to ravens earlier and Bengals week 17) giving the browns the tiebreak

I can't factor everything. I'm just telling you the results I get from the simulator. 

Archived