THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Path to the Playoffs

Zombo

On 11/27/2018 at 10:56 AM, Zombo said:

This Week's Cheat Sheet:

Baltimore at Atlanta (GO FALCONS!) Pick'em

Denver at Cincinnati (not a consensus team to root for since both teams have same record and we play then both down the stretch.. but it would be nice to move into third place) Broncos favored by 3.5

Buffalo @ Miami (GO BILLS!) Dolphins favored by 5 

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville (GO JAGUARS!) Colts favored by 4.5

NY Jets @ Tennessee (GO JETS!) Tits favored by 10.5

Cleveland at Houston (WE GOT THIS!) Texans favored by 4.5

Zombo

Well, we got that Indy loss we were looking for , but nothing else that happened helped us much and of course ... we lost.

I can guarantee you that will be our last loss of the season, so let's see what has to happen now:

image.png

For the Wild Card , we run the table (including wins over Cincy, Balt and Denver) and ...

The Ravens lose two other games outside of ours. Need them to go no better than 1-3 down the stretch.

Dolphins need to lose two (no better than 2-2)

Colts need to lose two (no better than 2-2)

Titans need to lose two (no better than 2-2)

Broncos need to lose another in addition to us (no better than 2-2)

Too win the division we would need to run the table and Baltimore to finish 8-8 or worse, and Steelers to finish 7-8-1 since they have the tiebreaker on us. So the Steelers would need to lose out (0-4) and the Ravens could go no better than 1-3 (including losing to us).

So ... It's not looking good to put it lightly.

But it's December and we're not eliminated!

Zombo

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Zombo said:

But it's December and we're not eliminated!

Zombo

That's the bottom line the BROWNS are still alive and there's still 21 days before Christmas! Miracles can and do occassionally happen.

GO BROWNS, baby!

Ravens lose 2:

BAL @ KC

BAL @ Chargers.

Colts lose 2:

Colts @ Texans next week

then Cowboys at Colts.

Titans have the easiest path:

Jags, Giants, Redskins, Colts. Jags and Skins could give them a run 4 money. MAYBE Giants play well.

Broncos:

Browns need to win and SD needs to win season finale against

Miami:

plays NE, Minn, Buffalo, and the Jags

How sad...as mentioned by some foreshadowing fans months ago:

THAT BS LOSS TO THE RAIDERS MAY COST 

On 11/30/2018 at 5:17 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

You kids get off my damn lawn!😜

lol... it's not "the dreads" nor the shaved sides... it's the combo.

On 12/3/2018 at 6:39 PM, LBC mike said:

I can see the top teams in the wild card race losing this week..   the Panthers are down Olsen but have McCaffrey. We have a shot at this week.

Panthers are one of an unusually high number of teams that seem to have come apart and/or quit early this season.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... it's not "the dreads" nor the shaved sides... it's the combo.

Perhaps you like the more traditional look of a 2nd amendment kind of guy from Texas..........................Von Miller............................I want to know how to get invited on one of these trips. Just watch the first minute or so to see how to get to the backcountry of a N. Texas hunting ranch from Denver during the off week.

image.png

Wild Card: Browns win out (@Den, Cin, @ Bal)) and 

Colts lose two of final three (Cowboys, Giants, @ Tits)

Dolphins lose two of final three (@Vikings, Jags, @Bills)

Titans lose two of final three (@Giants, Redskins, Colts)

Ravens lose one of their other two (Bucs, @Chargers)

Division: Browns win out 

Steelers lose their last three (Patriots, @ Saints, Bengals)

Ravens lose one of their other two  (Bucs, @Chargers)

Had the NFL not deliberately taken our victory against Oakland from us, all we'd have had to do is win out, and have the Dolphins, Titans, and Colts each lose only ONE of their next three and we'd be in as a wild card.  Alternatively, to win the division, we'd have had to win out, and have the Steelers lose two of their next three, which include the Patriots and the Saints, with the possibility the Big Ben can't go or will not be full strength.  Both pretty decent odds scenarios.

That notwithstanding, the more likely path ahead is we win out and the Steelers collapse, as we need much more help for the wild card scenario.  They should lose to the Patriots and the Saints (they play them in the Super Dome,) and Bengals will need to dig deep and pull the upset week 17.

Could happen.  Even if we miss, we are very realistically in the fight for 8-7-1 which is  a winning season and well worth fighting for in its own right.

3 minutes ago, onkyoreceiver said:

Had the NFL not deliberately taken our victory against Oakland from us, all we'd have had to do is win out, and have the Dolphins, Titans, and Colts each lose only ONE of their next three and we'd be in as a wild card.  Alternatively, to win the division, we'd have had to win out, and have the Steelers lose two of their next three, which include the Patriots and the Saints, with the possibility the Big Ben can't go or will not be full strength.  Both pretty decent odds scenarios.

That notwithstanding, the more likely path ahead is we win out and the Steelers collapse, as we need much more help for the wild card scenario.  They should lose to the Patriots and the Saints (they play them in the Super Dome,) and Bengals will need to dig deep and pull the upset week 17.

Could happen.  Even if we miss, we are very realistically in the fight for 8-7-1 which is  a winning season and well worth fighting for in its own right.

I screamed from the mountain tops that game defined our season and look where we would be with that "W". You're absolutely right, that game was nothing short of a total sham job by the NFL and refs and that shit matters. 

To be really honest though, the way the Steelers are playing I could actually see a week 17 scenario with the Browns, Ravens, and Steelers all playing for the division to include us playing the Ravens. How crazy would that be?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why is it that the ravens have a wildcard edge over the other three 7 and 6 teams 

Good question, and it probably has something to do with a fourth or fifth tiebreaker. Too early for us to worry about that. I agree the remote chance of winning the division counting on a complete Steeler collapse is  more likely than all the four 7-6 teams losing two out of three. And the Colts and Titans play each other last game.

And the Browns can play a big spoiler role last game if the Ratbirds need a win to make the playoffs. :)

I was really torked off with the way we played that 1st half in Houston...We were that same team showing up the week before at Cinncy with a 28-nothing lead..clearly am not over that game either 🤓 🤣..

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I was really torked off with the way we played that 1st half in Houston...We were that same team showing up the week before at Cinncy with a 28-nothing lead..clearly am not over that game either 🤓 🤣..

I am with you on it. We should have humiliated Cincy. Honestly, we are a better team than the Textards and should have won that game. It is very reasonable to expect the Browns to win out. Denver won't know what hit them. Go Pats.....

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Three Steelers Losses, Three Ravens losses, Browns win out.

It could happen.

Spermsuckers play  NE, N.O. and Cincy

Ratrapers play Bucs, Chargers...and Browns.

I would not bet on it happening.

BUT....let's say that those teams each lose 2 out of 3..and the Browns win all 3:  Spermsuckers end up 8-7-1.  Ratrapers end up 8-8.  Browns end up 

8-7-1.  Unfortuneately, the SS's win the division because of their  0-1-1 record vs. Browns.   Too bad.  (But...maybe 8-7-1 gets us a WC?)

(How do you like my new names for those teams?  Very alliterative)

44 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I am with you on it. We should have humiliated Cincy. Honestly, we are a better team than the Textards and should have won that game. It is very reasonable to expect the Browns to win out. Denver won't know what hit them. Go Pats.....

I like that one too!! :lol:

On 12/10/2018 at 8:15 AM, Zombo said:

Division: Browns win out 

Steelers lose their last three (Patriots, @ Saints, Bengals)

Ravens lose one of their other two  (Bucs, @Chargers)

I'm sure the steelrz and their fans are well aware of this -BUT- NE then @NO might be a real test with the playoff spots and byes at stake.

GO BROWNS, can't wait starting in primetime Saturday!

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm sure the steelrz and their fans are well aware of this -BUT- NE then @NO might be a real test with the playoff spots and byes at stake.

GO BROWNS, can't wait starting in primetime Saturday!

What kind of year was 2018? We don't know yet.............. Can you flipping imagine that? December................... and the Browns are in the playoff hunt. Yeah, I know, it isn't the same as being the division leader, but the only thing that matters is how you play at the end of regular season. If the Browns win out, regardless of the playoffs, this will have been one hell of a year. The post Hue season has been fabulous.

41 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

What kind of year was 2018? We don't know yet.............. Can you flipping imagine that? December................... and the Browns are in the playoff hunt. Yeah, I know, it isn't the same as being the division leader, but the only thing that matters is how you play at the end of regular season. If the Browns win out, regardless of the playoffs, this will have been one hell of a year. The post Hue season has been fabulous.

Really, last year the draft talk started the first week in October.  :)  To be mathematically alive for the postseason with three games to play is a vast improvement. LOL, in case you're interested, the Browns would currently draft #13.  

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Three Steelers Losses, Three Ravens losses, Browns win out.

It could happen.

The ravens only need to lose two. If they beat the bucs but lose to browns and chargers they would finish 8-8 to the browns 8-7-1. Hell the Ravens could tie the chargers as long as Browns beat them they have identical records and Browns have the head to head 2-0.

In order of realistic possibility

Ravens finish 1-1-1 or worse (I put it at 70%)

Browns win out (45% those odds go Way up if they keep Baker upright this weekend in mile high and walk away with the win.)

Steelers lose out (10% i have close to zero faith in Bengals)

5 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

The ravens only need to lose two. If they beat the bucs but lose to browns and chargers they would finish 8-8 to the browns 8-7-1. Hell the Ravens could tie the chargers as long as Browns beat them they have identical records and Browns have the head to head 2-0.

In order of realistic possibility

Ravens finish 1-1-1 or worse (I put it at 70%)

Browns win out (45% those odds go Way up if they keep Baker upright this weekend in mile high and walk away with the win.)

Steelers lose out (10% i have close to zero faith in Bengals)

Yeah- the only way for the Browns to get to the playoffs is to win the Division. There are just too many near impossible permutations of the four 7-6 teams ahead of them to make it as a wild card. Start with the Titans losing to both the Giants and Redskins. Colts losing to both Dallas and the Giants. Then the Dolphins losing to- (pick two) Vikings, Jags, Bills. Besides the already mentioned Ravens losing a couple- including to us.  

good morning and fuck the houston textards :o.. 1.listening to panthers fans whine like little black kittens all week has been priceless. 2.Saturday, we could fuk Elway out of the playoffs too. 3.Sweep season series with Bengals & Ravens..4.We finish not in the cellar of the AFCN..Spoilers after Clueless 1-31 seasons  🎅Merry Christmas Browns Fans!!🤶  3 Playoff games left.. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- the only way for the Browns to get to the playoffs is to win the Division. There are just too many near impossible permutations of the four 7-6 teams ahead of them to make it as a wild card. Start with the Titans losing to both the Giants and Redskins. Colts losing to both Dallas and the Giants. Then the Dolphins losing to- (pick two) Vikings, Jags, Bills. Besides the already mentioned Ravens losing a couple- including to us.  

None of that is beyond the realm of possibility. ...however improbable.

But, OK, let's play Spoiler....kick the Brokeback Mountainmen out, and then kick the Ratrapers out....and also kick the shit out the the (B)itchy Pussies....and then let the chips fall where they may.

Archived