THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 2 - Looking forward

Ghoolie

In words, and partly in deed Williams addressed some of what I believe have been the Browns biggest problems. Hue would say " we have to get better", Williams at least is naming specific crap that HE doesn't like. Dropped passes for instance.

So, the KC defense is not strong and didn't pressure the Browns. Atlanta's D will. Let's see if this week will be the same old crap or not.

7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

In words, and partly in deed Williams addressed some of what I believe have been the Browns biggest problems. Hue would say " we have to get better", Williams at least is naming specific crap that HE doesn't like. Dropped passes for instance.

So, the KC defense is not strong and didn't pressure the Browns. Atlanta's D will. Let's see if this week will be the same old crap or not.

I thought that for less than a week together, the coaching staff did well. The OC called a game that the GM and fans been asking for. And didn’t scratch his head doing it.  Long term tho, that only real way things will work is if Haslami keep his ideas to himself and let the football guys run the team. 

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Atlanta has the 5th worse defense in the league measured by total yardage and the 7th worst measured by total passing yardage against.

So pressure compared to KC? Barely.. KC has the worst by around 30 yds/game passing against over Atlanta. And just under a 14 yd/game difference in overall yardage.

Not a great deal of difference.

BTW Cinncy has the worst defense overall in the league.

47 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

This game should be better.

No steph curry QB on the other team..

The guys on whatever show I was watching this morning (either ESPN or NBCSports)  said that Matt Ryan is playing outstandingly this year, and should be a major contender for NFL MVP.   So, I wonder if that is true.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The guys on whatever show I was watching this morning (either ESPN or NBCSports)  said that Matt Ryan is playing outstandingly this year, and should be a major contender for NFL MVP.   So, I wonder if that is true.

Matt wasn't playing well at the start of the season.  But you better believe that his is now and his team is playing better as well.  The D is playing much better than one would think and "Will" get pressure on Mayfield.  Much more than TexasAg might think.  I agree that KC's D isn't very good, but you better believe that Atlanta's will be better.  

Here is where Matt Ryan stands, statistically:

Attempts.....10th

Completions....7th

Comp. %....4th

Yards.....4th

TDs.....4th

TD%....8th

Interception.....thrown 3 (32d most...which is a positive stat)

Int. %....4th

yd/att......5th

yd/comp.....7th

YPG....1st

QB rating....4th

QBR.....3rd

Sacks taken...22...11th most.

MVP?   Maybe somewhat in the running......but far back of the likes of Brees,  Mahomes, Rivers....maybe Brady...and maybe others at this point.

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think Mahommes takes MVP.

Its too remarkable of a way to start a career, you know?

He was blessed physically(accurate, cannon, legs), and situationally. 

Matt Ryan is pretty elite as well but it’s just not as overpowering of an offense like KC is. 

4 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

This game should be better.

No steph curry QB on the other team..

But Matty Ice is no slouch. And if Ward can't go, don't forget the Falcons have Julio Jones- it could get ugly. 

Just now, hoorta said:

But Matty Ice is no slouch. And if Ward can't go, don't forget the Falcons have Julio Jones- it could get ugly. 

Yea that is true, and we would be in trouble with Ridley. He is quick and fast. 

The front needs to pressure Ryan for any type of success, but also play with the awareness that teams are gonna run screens, trying to take advantage. 

There should be 4 man rushes WITH a “spy” for screens/scramble.

Why can’t we do that?

4 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Matt wasn't playing well at the start of the season.  But you better believe that his is now and his team is playing better as well.  The D is playing much better than one would think and "Will" get pressure on Mayfield.  Much more than TexasAg might think.  I agree that KC's D isn't very good, but you better believe that Atlanta's will be better.  

i live here in atlanta....the d is not all that great...they are really getting on this vic  beasly for not showing up most of the time...they have alot of injuries but stepped it up.....our ol sucks anyway...they stand around and look at each other on who to block...that ain't good...however, ryan will tear apart the defense....they have just as many weapons as kc.....with our small dbs, julio will look like goliath against them only faster....and, they are still in the hunt for the playoffs....

Archived