THE BROWNS BOARD

Bruce Arians

lodilobo

My # 1 Choice! He is 66 but could hire a great staff. Worth serious consideration,IMHO!

Here's Bruce's coaching staff demands....  10sr.gif      4kMd.gif          Good Coach & a better Man... but man, the health issue would scare anybody out of Cleveland? I'd totally toss his name in the 🎩  

Read that he wants to be the guy to bring the franchise back to glory. 

Said when he was here the year they went to the playoffs that this football town was like nowhere else in the NFL. 

Just wish he was 10 years younger. I still don't hate the idea. I'd love to go with a young guy but it's really risky bringing in someone brand new to NFL coaching.... boom or bust. I'm sick of bust....

59 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Arians comes in brings in a young up and coming OC and prepares for him to take over after 2 seasons .....perfect

I don't mind this scenario but I would need to see who the OC is first.  Like I said in the other thread - not entirely certain Arians and Mayfield mesh. 

8 hours ago, hx214 said:

Said when he was here the year they went to the playoffs that this football town was like nowhere else in the NFL.

I wish that was a headline on NFL.com such that everyone would be aware of that thought.

---  When he was here as OC everyone was blaming him for the team's lack of success.  And I was like, "What?   What has Ariens done wrong."   But nope, we ran him out of town like a common Pygmy.  

15 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

My # 1 Choice! He is 66 but could hire a great staff. Worth serious consideration,IMHO!

Yeah, he has already been measured for a coffin, so why not hire him? It's not like he has anything else going on.

Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

23 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Bernie liked him, I know that. But honestly, do you guys see him having enough gas in the tank? As much as I wanted Cowher in 1995, I can't see him giving up the soft life to jump back into the cage. I thought Gruden would be a dud for the same reason. Why not give Kosar the gig? Seriously, if we are being honest, he couldn't do any worse.

I would have let kosar be the QB coach ages ago. 

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I listen to BKs pregame show and when he does a local thing. He’s still sharp and knows football. Hues record wouldn’t get a challenge from Bernie

There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

There's got to be a reason he hasn't been offered or accepted any coaching job in the NFL ever. Think about that.

WSS

I just don’t think he wants to coach. He  could do some consulting or he prefers to do media and other ventures

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I don't think Bernie would want to be HC, and  don't think he would be successful at it. But...he would make an excellent qb coach or OC.

He got Tim Couch killed; let him do it again to Baker.

I hate the guy.  I was so happy that the Steelers finally got rid of him and replaced him with Todd Haley.

His offenses never run the ball well and his QB's often lead the NFL in sacks.  Tim Couch, Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer were all either #1 in getting sacked or near the top of the list.  He got Tim Couch killed then went to work getting Roethlisberger killed.  The Steelers got rid of him for 2 reasons. #1 he did not run the ball effectively and #2 Ben was getting sacked and hit too much.

Bruce is in poor health and every so often gets rushed to the hospital for an undisclosed reason.

I thought that he retired because he was going to die.

Fùck Bruce Arians!

16 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

Fùck Bruce Arians!

Everybody always blames Butch Davis' prevent defense call for that 2003 playoff loss to the Steelers but it was Bruce Arians who caused the Browns to lose that lead because the Browns could not run the ball effectively and kept going pass-pass-pass 3 and out, taking virtually no time off the clock, giving the ball back to Tommy Maddox.

In that 4th quarter, the Browns were able to get only one first down rushing.

Bruce Arians' offenses tend to be high on yards but low on points.  Dan Rooney told him, "Run the ball better to keep your job here."  He could not do it. 

Bruce Arians is a good judge of talent.  He was instrumental in the draft for the Steelers, helping them pick some good guys.  He always knew that Carson Palmer was a great QB, so he brought him to his team where Palmer had some of his most successful seasons. 

9 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

Everybody always blames Butch Davis' prevent defense call for that 2003 playoff loss to the Steelers but it was Bruce Arians who caused the Browns to lose that lead because the Browns could not run the ball effectively and kept going pass-pass-pass 3 and out, taking virtually no time off the clock, giving the ball back to Tommy Maddox.

In that 4th quarter, the Browns were able to get only one first down rushing.

Bruce Arians' offenses tend to be high on yards but low on points.  Dan Rooney told him, "Run the ball better to keep your job here."  He could not do it. 

Bruce Arians is a good judge of talent.  He was instrumental in the draft for the Steelers, helping them pick some good guys.  He always knew that Carson Palmer was a great QB, so he brought him to his team where Palmer had some of his most successful seasons. 

We could NOT run. William Green carried the ball 25 times for 30 yards ... and that included a 23 yard run! So the other 24 carries netted 7 yards.

So, if you try something 25 times, and it doesn't work 24 times, and you have 429 yards through the air against this defense ... why not go to the well one more time?

If Northcutt catches this perfect pass, it is BALLGAME.

But before we hang Northcutt, just like Byner in The Fumble game, we are not in that position without him ... 6 Catches, 92 yards and 2 TDs.

We played a terrific game in a hostile environment and Arians got 429 yards and 33 points out of a backup QB against a team we simply could not run against ... We lost because of Paul Brown, Art Modell and Dick Shiner ... There's a curse in there somewhere and some black and piss goblin knocked the ball out of Cutt's hands.

Zombo

Archived