THE BROWNS BOARD

baker has BBQBS, time to start thinking about shutting him down...

Clevfan4life

BatteredBrownsQBSyndrome.

Trademarked^^^

Remember that sappy moment after the ravens win when hue told Baker "u dont flinch man".....well, he's flinching. Bad. 

we've seen this show before. So if this is our franchise guy, we cant put him out there for much longer. This is boolshit. Dude is now seeing 320lb DL cut loose on him even after correctly calling the protection. He's missing easy throws u cant miss in the NFL. I saw him flinch mid throw, not pump fake...FLINCH. He's 2nd guessing throws in mid motion. This can only end in disaster. As it has everytime for the past 20 years

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

Trademarked^^^

Remember that sappy moment after the ravens win when hue told Baker "u dont flinch man".....well, he's flinching. Bad. 

we've seen this show before. So if this is our franchise guy, we cant put him out there for much longer. This is boolshit. Dude is now seeing 320lb DL cut loose on him even after correctly calling the protection. He's missing easy throws u cant miss in the NFL. I saw him flinch mid throw, not pump fake...FLINCH. He's 2nd guessing throws in mid motion. This can only end in disaster. As it has everytime for the past 20 years

well yeah.....but he has to  be just a little gunshy with this pathetic ol allowing maybe 2 seconds for him to make a decision for the most part...but yeah, it is pretty ugly out there.....

8 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Our OL sucked. Not just the LT.

Thanks.  But I was curious about the guy subbing for our starting LT...  (Robinson)

---  Our starting LT is an undrafted rookie....and his backup, who was the #2 overall pick in the draft in 2014 went in to play for him today.

27 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Trademarked^^^

Well. when you have edge, or (worse) guys coming at you unimpeded- it's not Baker's fault. 

So your solution is to let Taylor be the pinata? 

40 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

BBQBS= Bosa Boner Quarter-Back Sits......  7NqD.gif           we know your plan... Dorsey fails with no Bosa..Get over it!!  

huh? this has nothing to do with bosa what are u talking about? we've already won too many games to get bosa so this double irrelevant. This is about preserving our franchise qb, nothing more

50 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You don't shut down your rookie QB because of one game.  

its not just this game, i started sensing something was off with his throws a couple weeks ago. I just assumed it was defenses disrupting his timing. And thats partly the case of course, but the open throws he's sailing.....then the throws where there was no rec within 10 yds...its baffling. The kid is starting to think too much. 

we as browns fans have seen this situation play out every 1-2 years now for 20 years....its the same show. New kid gets thrown into a scheme that hasnt remotely matured enough to cover for inevitable rookie mistakes. Mahommes inherited an offense that was set in place fir alex smith years ago. Mahommes would be no better than baker right now if we did a swap and he was the browns qb. 

this is the painful consequence of constantly changing staff. U could have a legit hof qb talent and he'll go nowhere on this team. Mahommes right now has an offense around him that is exactly where they're supposed to be on every down. If he gets sacked 99 out of 100 times its going to be because a pass rusher just made a great play and not because his OL or his TE is all of a sudden functionally autistic and waves a guy in who lined up over his outside shoulder.......like njoku did today. Its functional autism out there and i have no idea who to blame. 

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

This is about preserving our franchise qb, nothing more

Really? The guy missed on 13 passes out of 42.Took 2 sacks.1 strip fumble cause Hubbard is awful in pass pro. 2 other QB hits after release, with 1 pick..Somewhere Tim Couch is :) 

18 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He doesn’t have guys wide open and completely mismatched like Mahommes.

He’s doing pretty damn good for a rookie in Cleveland, I think you should just chill a bit and realize the Browns are going to be a good team next year. 

they might be, if baker stays healthy. And even if he does stay relatively healthy....is it good for his development to put him in this pressure cooker? when he does he start tim couching the edge rushers before looking downfield? 

we've

gone

down

this

road

so 

many 

times

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seemed to me that Baker didn't get hit all that much today... What, a couple of sacks, a couple of hurries that resulted in a few hits? 

It wasn't AS bad today, but the really concerning part was the frequency of the missed assignments where our OL completely blew the scheme and let 300 pound men advance on our QB without so much as a wave. I can think of at least twice this happened, possibly three times. Our linemen were literally looking at each other like, "But I thought YOU were supposed to block him!" I mean, Jesus. How many times did that happen to the Chiefs? How often did one of OUR linemen burst through the line untouched to swallow THEIR QB? It never happened. 

The worst part? Their offensive line is 60% old Browns players. Cam Erving, Austin Reiter, and Mitchell Swartz. They looked pretty good to me. 

16 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

It wasn't AS bad today, but the really concerning part was the frequency of the missed assignments where our OL completely blew the scheme and let 300 pound men advance on our QB without so much as a wave. I can think of at least twice this happened, possibly three times. Our linemen were literally looking at each other like, "But I thought YOU were supposed to block him!" I mean, Jesus. How many times did that happen to the Chiefs? How often did one of OUR linemen burst through the line untouched to swallow THEIR QB? It never happened. 

The worst part? Their offensive line is 60% old Browns players. Cam Erving, Austin Reiter, and Mitchell Swartz. They looked pretty good to me. 

Just back the truck up on that one. Regarding Schwartz, for sure that was a Sashi screw up. Erving? We would have paid for his plane ticket out of town he was so gawdawful. That he's morphed into a passable OL dude is one of the great mysteries of life. Reiter was journeyman exemplified. 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Right he took a forearm shiver to the neck and the refs blew it off completely 

It's kind of funny to me but typically in situations like that, and knowing baker isn't the type to take himself out, it is a doctor on the sidelines that tells the officials that that player needs to be checked out. So if that were the case the doctor tells the official that they need to pull him out to check for a concussion because of a Blow To The Head and they didn't even call it

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

they might be, if baker stays healthy. And even if he does stay relatively healthy....is it good for his development to put him in this pressure cooker? when he does he start tim couching the edge rushers 

I get your reason for concern.. it’s legitimate. The OLine did look better but they still have a ways to go.

It’s not an ideal situation, but Baker needs to see these NFL coverages to develop and grow his decision making ability. And the oLine and TEs need to fu$&ing block somebody.

38 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I get your reason for concern.. it’s legitimate. The OLine did look better but they still have a ways to go.

It’s not an ideal situation, but Baker needs to see these NFL coverages to develop and grow his decision making ability. And the oLine and TEs need to fu$&ing block somebody.

how many more games tho before baker develops bad habits like checking off the edge rushers to see if one or both of them jumped the turnstyle? or holding the ball longervthan he already does waiting for someone to come free.....we've seen this play before.

for my money, ive seen what the kid is capable of and i think he's franchise material. So one maybe 2 more games and thats it.....do we really want to have to draft a qb next year again? ill bet anything dorsey has already spoken with people tonight about how to get baker ir'd without telling hom thats what they're doing. Cause the kid will not want to come out.

9 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

for my money, ive seen what the kid is capable of and i think he's franchise material. So one maybe 2 more games and thats it.....do we really want to have to draft a qb next year again? 

It’s the NFL, he’s making 32 million the next 4 years. He’s a big boy now, he’ll be fine.

Healthy Baker or not, taking a good prospect in the later rounds is not something I’m opposed to. Considering Taylor will be gone most likely and Stanton maybe will be around? Who knows.

45 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It’s the NFL, he’s making 32 million the next 4 years. He’s a big boy now, he’ll be fine. We're literally batting zero on this subject. Zero. Baker has the yips, it's that simple. Anybody that doesn't see it is kidding themselves. 

how many times have we said that in the past? and how many times has it worked out? 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Just back the truck up on that one. Regarding Schwartz, for sure that was a Sashi screw up. Erving? We would have paid for his plane ticket out of town he was so gawdawful. That he's morphed into a passable OL dude is one of the great mysteries of life. Reiter was journeyman exemplified. 

Different coaches, different results?  Good coaching can do that. 

Baker's accuracy is waning. He's making wild high throws... and that concerns me. However, I think he has to play his way thru the slump.

Archived