THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chiefs Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Hands.  You either got em' or you don't.    Braylon, Greg Little, Corey Coleman all say 'hi'.  

Callaway is the burner, he is not built as a possession receiver.

Which is why I suggested us acquiring another big play receiver with great hands like Michael Thomas. I’m sure Dorsey will fill the role by next year.

5 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

The Oline played much better than in previous games.  You could argue that our receiving corp aren't getting open as well, but the throw baker made with no one in his face resulting in an INT, no excuse.  I understand he's trying to make a play, everyone knows how opportunistic the Chiefs D is.  

I know - but I replayed it a few times, and Baker threw to his receive accurately, right on the money. Trouble is, the defender

safety? fell off, and cut back in front of the wr. Was an excellent defensive play.

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Callaway is the burner, he is not built as a possession receiver.

Which is why I suggested us acquiring another big play receiver with great hands like Michael Thomas. I’m sure Dorsey will fill the role by next year.

Sure why not just tell us where the tree is that they grow on that we can go pluck one off of. 

Whereas the likes of NE only concentrate on what their players can do, we seem determined, no matter who the coaches are, to concentrate on weaknesses and try and fix them IN GAME

Njoku can’t block so don’t frickin ask him to, line him up all over he’s a great weapon as a receiver. So frustrating. 

Some people on twitter saying they like the look of that Cam Erving guy on the KC O line ....... :)

Its ridiculous how many players leave the Browns then suddenly look good ...... what a jinxed franchise 

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Some people on twitter saying they like the look of that Cam Erving guy on the KC O line ....... :)

Its ridiculous how many players leave the Browns then suddenly look good ...... what a jinxed franchise 

No they don't.  Maybe one or two.    Name any player that left here and did better elsewhere.  Either they did well here and did well elsewhere....like Schwartz, or they sucked here and they sucked there as well.  Erving isn't doing that well....its just that his team is, and it seems like he is doing OK.

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Nah we train 'em up to where they are just about ready for a real coach. 😜

22 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Relax. Screen pass aside as I agree, our top three corners and top LB are out against the most explosive offense in football. Getting carved up is hard to not expect today.

our guys that are out really would not make much of a difference.....carved up to shreds either way...

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

My exact words were “I’m sure Dorsey will fill the role by next year” 

Pay attention.

Still....the question remains,   where is the tree they can just be plucked from?  We have had all kinds of  WRs come in here from all parts of the draft and free agency......and none have been so hot.   Though....hopefully,   Calloway can become the deep threat, Landry the short threat,  Njoku to do what TEs do. Duke catching the ball out of the backfield.  Higgins now that he is back being the #2 or 3 guy.  

Sure, another top notch WR can't help....but I am honestly not certain that that is our top priority.    A couple of guys to help block for Baker so that he can have time to get the ball to those guys would, to me,  be a bigger priority.

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

sounds like the past 20 yrs....heh heh heh.....

Wow..you're hilarious..  I can't believe you don't have your own tv show.     Just a miserable twatwaffle who is only here to be a negative douchehat to everyone and everything.

32 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Wow..you're hilarious..  I can't believe you don't have your own tv show.     Just a miserable twatwaffle who is only here to be a negative douchehat to everyone and everything.

Twatwaffle.   Interesting word. Is there an Urban Dictionary entry on that? :lol:

9 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Whereas the likes of NE only concentrate on what their players can do, we seem determined, no matter who the coaches are, to concentrate on weaknesses and try and fix them IN GAME

Njoku can’t block so don’t frickin ask him to, line him up all over he’s a great weapon as a receiver. So frustrating. 

Remember when Njoku almost got Kizer killed last year?  Yeesh.  It's one thing when that happens to Kizer, but when it happens to the #1 pick of the draft like TWICE...yeah...let's just say there will be punishment.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Still....the question remains,   where is the tree they can just be plucked from?  We have had all kinds of  WRs come in here from all parts of the draft and free agency.....

Though....hopefully,   Calloway can become the deep threat, Landry the short threat,  Njoku to do what TEs do. Duke catching the ball out of the backfield.  Higgins now that he is back being the #2 or 3 guy.  

Well Michael Thomas was plucked from Ohio State, 47th overall.

Keenan Allen was plucked 76th overall.

Josh Gordon was plucked in the supplemental draft, (costed a 2nd rounder)

There is plenty of talent out there to be plucked.

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Still pining for Josh Gordon too. 

19 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Well Michael Thomas was plucked from Ohio State, 47th overall.

Keenan Allen was plucked 76th overall.

Josh Gordon was plucked in the supplemental draft, (costed a 2nd rounder)

There is plenty of talent out there to be plucked.

Sure, you can get them....on rare occasion.  Antonio Brown...6th round.   But the Browns haven't been so successful, have they?  And when they were (Gordon), that turned to shite.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sure, you can get them....on rare occasion.  Antonio Brown...6th round.   But the Browns haven't been so successful, have they?  And when they were (Gordon), that turned to shite.

So the Browns haven't been successful since they came back in 99. What's the point here? If they're going to change the outcomes then they're going to have to hit on one of those wide receivers and if you don't think they are just because they haven't before then you don't think they'll be good either so I don't understand why you would continue supporting them. I believe they are going to change things around and I think you do too but just to say well the Browns haven't had success hitting on wide receivers before so they're not going to now isn't really moving the conversation anywhere.

29 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

So the Browns haven't been successful since they came back in 99. What's the point here? If they're going to change the outcomes then they're going to have to hit on one of those wide receivers and if you don't think they are just because they haven't before then you don't think they'll be good either so I don't understand why you would continue supporting them. I believe they are going to change things around and I think you do too but just to say well the Browns haven't had success hitting on wide receivers before so they're not going to now isn't really moving the conversation anywhere.

What I am saying is that I don't think that WR is really the top priority this team would go for in the draft.  It would likely be a mid rounder and that would be a crap shoot.  I also think it might just be possible that some of the guys we do have here could turn out better than we think:  Calloway/Ratley may be good rookies.  Njoku has the talent to be top notch.  Landry is steady as she goes.  

Would I be OK if they took a mid round WR?  Sure.   I might even be better if they got a top notch FA WR   (another area they have failed at...see Bowe/and that other guy who I can't even think of now).   But at least with a FA they would not be giving up a pick.

So, sure, explore all the avenues.....but if you ask me what they should spend their high picks on....it would not be WR  (defense/OL)

Archived