THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chiefs Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

1 hour ago, medicineman said:

Not 1 player on this Defense should even be in the NFL, all worthless pints of piss. Where you at Myles? Fukn Bitch, Joke of a team. Here comes another turnover from baker or Chubb, can't even punt the Shmucking ball right.

We can tell you would be so much better and are way tougher than anyone.

You sir could only be compared to LT.

WHAT A JOKE

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Baker still overthrows to too many open receivers.  Look at Mahomes, his throws are right on time and this is only his 2nd year.  Granted, he has a much better team than we do.  But you can tell from his release, he is much better than Baker.    I don't see Baker ever being as good as Brees, but he's much better than what we had.  We definitely need to draft a #1 receiver next year or pick one up in FA.  Then we can spend our draft picks on the D and O Tackles.  Let's get the D right where we can stop teams from scoring.  Not to far away.  

some receivers were getting held - no calls. Why should Baker have faith in his offensive line?

Did you see Njoku completely and stupidly whiff on blocking the outside blitzer? What is our LT supposed to do, trade off his guy and try to run out past Njoku to block that guy? What the....

Mahomes had quick get open guys, Mahomes had far, far better blocking a lot of the time - including a hell of a lot of arm locking/dragging/holding that wasn't called, Hahomes is NOT A ROOKIE, Mayfield doesn't have a Tyreek Hill, Mayfield doesn't have a Kelce at TE. Mahomes was playing against a zone after Ward went out, and the Browns don't do a zone well, ....

The Browns don't have a #` wr on the roster. just a dumb point whining about Baker, and comparing him to a second year player with a stable offense and a ton of excellent talent around him.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Tackles maybe but scheme yes. The depleted secondary neccesitates playing a softer zone. Unless you want hill burning you for a 50 yard TD the underneath stuff has to be given. It blows but theres no good solution.

Yep.

so, goofball Jamie Collins lopes out to cover Kelce, Kelce dips to the left...and Collins goes right, guessing.

then he lopes to try to follow Kelce on a big play.

again and again, Collins couldn't care less about playing football.

Trade him.

12 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

We need a lot.  Receivers, OL, DL, secondary.

Not so sure about the DL.  We certainly need secondary help which showed today.   But how many times will be play one of the best teams in the league?   Our O Tackles are weak and we'll see it in our next games.  We didn't see it against KC this week because they don't bring much pressure and not so sure how much we'll see against Atlanta either.  But from that point on, we'll see quite a bit until the end of the season.  As big a fan as I am, I don't see us winning another game this season.  Unfortunate, we'll go 2-14-1.  Not saying we're not improved, it's very clear we are.  We just have so many rookies or 2nd year players on this team.  We might be able to squeeze a win out against the Bengals at home or maybe Atlanta.  But I'm not too optimistic.  

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

so, goofball Jamie Collins lopes out to cover Kelce, Kelce dips to the left...and Collins goes right, guessing.

then he lopes to try to follow Kelce on a big play.

again and again, Collins couldn't care less about playing football.

Trade him.

Trade deadline is gone , hey and besides Collins got paid so now he can just lay down 

5 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

We need speedsters like Hill on our offense. Landry is a joke and should be a slot reciever. Defense sucks butt and has zero depth..

Another "wait til next year" season and we're just over the halfway point..

Hill is the fastest man in the NFL and it really isn't very close at the moment.  Stop to start and top end, he's the real deal.    Tariq Cohen is a weapon but he doesn't offer the every down ability like Hill. 

In short, you don't just get people like Hill on your offense.   

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

some receivers were getting held - no calls. Why should Baker have faith in his offensive line?

The Oline played much better than in previous games.  You could argue that our receiving corp aren't getting open as well, but the throw baker made with no one in his face resulting in an INT, no excuse.  I understand he's trying to make a play, everyone knows how opportunistic the Chiefs D is.  

22 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Not so sure about the DL.  We certainly need secondary help which showed today.   But how many times will be play one of the best teams in the league?   Our O Tackles are weak and we'll see it in our next games.  We didn't see it against KC this week because they don't bring much pressure and not so sure how much we'll see against Atlanta either.  But from that point on, we'll see quite a bit until the end of the season.  As big a fan as I am, I don't see us winning another game this season.  Unfortunate, we'll go 2-14-1.  Not saying we're not improved, it's very clear we are.  We just have so many rookies or 2nd year players on this team.  We might be able to squeeze a win out against the Bengals at home or maybe Atlanta.  But I'm not too optimistic.  

I don't know how much secondary help we need either we need more depth guys. But if we have our starting secondary of Mitchell Ward Randall and peppers with Carrie playing the nickel it's pretty solid

26 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Did you see Njoku completely and stupidly whiff on blocking the outside blitzer? What is our LT supposed to do, trade off his guy and try to run out past Njoku to block that guy? What the....

Njoku had one of the best games of the season today.  You can't put the blame on him.  Like I said before, our team is made up of mostly rookies or 2nd year players, which i have been saying for years.  But we'll see over time.  I'm still not completely sold on Mayfield.  I wanted Darnold or Allen.  And with our line, they would look just as bad.  But over time, these QBs will develop to much better QBs that Baker.  Again, time will tell.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins get cut. He makes plays but also has shown lack of effort on a few occasions.

Injuries on defense were too much to overcome against KC. We had no-name undrafted guys out there at LB and corner.

We need a vertical threat receiver to compliment Callaway on the outside, Landry is best in the slot IMO(toughness)

Offensive playcalling and execution was much improved this week. It was nice to see Duke utilized for once.

I'm never happy after a Browns loss, but this one isn't really stinging.

All and all, the Browns didn't make a lot of mental mistakes, and (with the exception of the two point conversions) I wasn't upset with the coaching today. I like how the offense was ran.

Today is just an example of the Browns simply not having enough talent to hang with a team like the Chefs yet. It is what it is at this point.  

28 minutes ago, ATOM said:

damn ariens sure was tossing his name in the wring to be are next head coach

He is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that gameHe is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that

8 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Collins get cut. He makes plays but also has shown lack of effort on a few occasions.

Injuries on defense were too much to overcome against KC. We had no-name undrafted guys out there at LB and corner.

We need a vertical threat receiver to compliment Callaway on the outside, Landry is best in the slot IMO(toughness)

Offensive playcalling and execution was much improved this week. It was nice to see Duke utilized for once.

Callaway is a vertical threat.  He just doesn't have much else in his array running routes and his hands are highly suspect.    Basically a cheaper Corey Coleman thus far.  

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So this Saints vs Rams game has lived up to the hype - tied at 35 in 4th quarter

Just heard the Rams have ONLY 8 drives all year that have been 3-and-out

Thats insane

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Callaway is a vertical threat.  He just doesn't have much else in his array running routes and his hands are highly suspect.    Basically a cheaper Corey Coleman thus far.  

I love what I see from Callaway. I said we need a vertical threat to compliment him. 

Callaway, Landry, and ________. I like Higgins but he’s not the playmaking #1 receiver that we need.

edit: like Michael Thomas.

4 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I love what I see from Callaway. I said we need a vertical threat to compliment him. 

Callaway, Landry, and ________. I like Higgins but he’s not the playmaking #1 receiver that we need.

edit: like Michael Thomas.

Last I posted about Callaway he was approaching a near 13% drop rate.

So..........  about that.  

Just now, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Ok he’s a developing rookie. Of course he’s gonna drop some

I can't recall a rookie having that bad of a drop percentage ever turning it around in a meaningful way...  can you?

Hands.  You either got em' or you don't.    Braylon, Greg Little, Corey Coleman all say 'hi'.  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that gameHe is one guy that I had heard who is really honest and pointed out the fact that the Browns had at least 20 missed tackles or more in that

Please repeat once more......

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I can't recall a rookie having that bad of a drop percentage ever turning it around in a meaningful way...  can you?

Hands.  You either got em' or you don't.    Braylon, Greg Little, Corey Coleman all say 'hi'.  

Terrell Owens is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. 

Archived