THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chiefs Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

last couple weeks bakers thrown some headscratchers in a completely clean pocket and with time

i dont know wuts happened to.him

34-15,  time to hit the gym?

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Perhaps he has had that issue before and NFL defenses are now seeing it?

Not saying you're wrong at all. I'd love though to get a deep dive on how many times those awkward throws are guys running bad or just wrong routes.it sure seems to be the case a good little bit.

1 minute ago, medicineman said:

Not 1 player on this Defense should even be in the NFL, all worthless pints of piss. Where you at Myles? Fukn Bitch, Joke of a team. Here comes another turnover from baker or Chubb, can't even punt the Shmucking ball right.

aaaand on ignore you go as well.   

For realsies I might have a couple dozen people left on this board I actually have the ability to read.  

3 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Not saying you're wrong at all. I'd love though to get a deep dive on how many times those awkward throws are guys running bad or just wrong routes.it sure seems to be the case a good little bit.

You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You're welcomed to go back and look at the half game breakdown (every play) on the Bedlam game this past season.     

I'm hoping Mayfield becomes the QB we desperately need but he was certainly not my first choice.   And you're seeing some of those reasons.   That said, I do believe a shift in offensive philosophy would maximize his skill set and it's a similar shift that KC is running. 

Yeah man I read through a lot of that stuff to include yours and it's great work. I'm not ever one to defend a dude outright but that sack is a perfect example of what I see a lot. Baker rightly saw pressure and audibles to slide protection to that side. He still gets a free rusher on him, and I'm not sure what you can possibly expect him to do. 

Just seems that way a lot on routes these guys run 

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I’ve been saying this pre draft, the overall system/offensive talent that surrounded Baker made him look better than he is.  The problem is this fanbase, and organization, was hell bent on taking a QB.  Before the draft I didn’t want one and looking at how they are playing my mind hasn’t changed.

15 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Yeah man I read through a lot of that stuff to include yours and it's great work. I'm not ever one to defend a dude outright but that sack is a perfect example of what I see a lot. Baker rightly saw pressure and audibles to slide protection to that side. He still gets a free rusher on him, and I'm not sure what you can possibly expect him to do. 

Just seems that way a lot on routes these guys run 

Part of it is the routes and the receivers, a part is the coaches and there are times when - as a QB - you're going to be responsible for that free rusher which means you're throwing hot.  

I haven't seen this many missed tackles since my nephew's 7th grade football game. My gosh my grandmother could gain 15 yards on these guys. And Clevfan4life.........we get it.....you want Mayfield benched......it ain't gonna happen. I think he's doing a good job with what he has to work with. You don't learn and get better sitting on a bench.

Baker still overthrows to too many open receivers.  Look at Mahomes, his throws are right on time and this is only his 2nd year.  Granted, he has a much better team than we do.  But you can tell from his release, he is much better than Baker.    I don't see Baker ever being as good as Brees, but he's much better than what we had.  We definitely need to draft a #1 receiver next year or pick one up in FA.  Then we can spend our draft picks on the D and O Tackles.  Let's get the D right where we can stop teams from scoring.  Not to far away.  

6 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Baker still overthrows to too many open receivers.  Look at Mahomes, his throws are right on time and this is only his 2nd year.  Granted, he has a much better team than we do.  But you can tell from his release, he is much better than Baker.    I don't see Baker ever being as good as Brees, but he's much better than what we had.  We definitely need to draft a #1 receiver next year or pick one up in FA.  Then we can spend our draft picks on the D and O Tackles.  Let's get the D right where we can stop teams from scoring.  Not to far away.  

We need a lot.  Receivers, OL, DL, secondary.

Archived