THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chiefs Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Got sick with the flu. Or a case of the arse....who knows?

Oh Doug, BROWNS are blacked out for us here in OHIO, listening to 1440 Warren, WHKZ.

Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

Gotta get it on tv 19 or radio 97.5

Youngstown tv sucks and is pretty amateurish anyhow. Fudge 27 and their sponsers

Where's 97.5 from?  Didn't see it in our lineup.

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Jamie Collins and missed lazy tackles. Name a more iconic duo.

This chiefs team is insanely talented.

Funny thing is, I'm looking up and down at their roster and it is incredibly similar to Chicago.   Mahomes might be a bit bigger than Trubisky but they're both mobile.   Cohen is Hill lite v 2.0 but the similarities between Howard and Hunt are there.   Then they both have a receiving option like Watkins and Robinson.   Biggest difference is Kelce vs Burton.

Honestly it's breath-taking play calling.  This defense was on their heels from the word go.   Screens, Flankers, misdirection, inside and outside zone runs, bootlegs... they have it all.  They have talent but they have an offensive coaching staff maximizing it right now.  Which is the most impressive feat.  

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Funny thing is, I'm looking up and down at their roster and it is incredibly similar to Chicago.   Mahomes might be a bit bigger than Trubisky but they're both mobile.   Cohen is Hill lite v 2.0 but the similarities between Howard and Hunt are there.   Then they both have a receiving option like Watkins and Robinson.   Biggest difference is Kelce vs Burton.

Honestly it's breath-taking play calling.  This defense was on their heels from the word go.   Screens, Flankers, misdirection, inside and outside zone runs, bootlegs... they have it all.  They have talent but they have an offensive coaching staff maximizing it right now.  Which is the most impressive feat.  

For sure man. This staff and andy Reid in particular has been a clinic on playing to the strengths of your team. Reid IMO might be one of the most under appreciated coaches of the era.

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

For sure man. This staff and andy Reid in particular has been a clinic on playing to the strengths of your team. Reid IMO might be one of the most under appreciated coaches of the era.

Reid never strung together Sheet like this with consistency.  Even with his best teams.   Alex Smith had a career season last year and it didn't come close to this current offense.  He's had some help and Eric Bieniemy is that guy.  

Not playing against a screen on 3rd and 20 is truly unbelievable. Going to be long day.

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Reid never strung together Sheet like this with consistency.  Even with his best teams.   Alex Smith had a career season last year and it didn't come close to this current offense.  He's had some help and Eric Bieniemy is that guy.  

True to a point, but you can also argue Reid never had a team like this either. I just think Reid gets a bad wrap cause he cant win the big ones but hes been an excellent coach. 

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Not playing against a screen on 3rd and 20 is truly unbelievable. Going to be long day.

True to a point, but you can also argue Reid never had a team like this either. I just think Reid gets a bad wrap cause he cant win the big ones but hes been an excellent coach. 

Minus Mahomes, he had almost the exact same offense last year.      I think Patrick is a revelation but Alex Smith is a top 15 QB and they didn't move the ball like this for this long.   I don't think Reid is a bad coach by any means, but he has had help orchestrating that offense and the man being Reid interests me as a HC candidate right now.  

Archived