THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Chiefs Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns Fans.    Our  Cleveland Browns are back in town as they host the AFC best and West Division leading  Kansas City Chiefs.  A marquee game and battle of former Big 12 OB's  as second year player Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech)  plays opposite the Browns own rookie QB  and Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma).

Browns  are halfway into their 2018 NFL season with their 2-5-1 record, but are still mathematically alive to reach the playoffs the rest of the season with former defensive coordinator Greg Williams taking the leadership role as Browns Interim Head Coach the rest of the season.

Browns defeated the Chiefs  by the score of 30-7 in their last visit to Cleveland back on December 12, 2012.  A win this Sunday afternoon would even the all-time series record at 12-12-1 , in today's 26th all-time regular season meeting.

Partly cloudy skies at 53 degrees, feels like 49 degrees is the game forecast inside First Energy Stadium, for the 1:05PM kickoff, along with . 0% precipitation, 52% humidity, and southeastern winds at 14 miles per hour.

NO injuries  your have the support of your fans and the Dawg Pound, win your third game today, and HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO, WOOF! WOOF! BELIEVELAND!!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard from ONE MAN'S OPINION in a long time, let's see what he has to say. (Probably hiding from everyone he owes money to from last year.)

The Browns are becoming more dysfunctional as the season moves on with their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, the latest to draw rumors about his job security. Maybe Cleveland ownership will finally realize Hue Jackson is the problem. Another problem is Cleveland’s defense, which is wearing down from having played four overtime games, three coming during the last five weeks. This may be a flat spot for the Chiefs. Yet who wants to get in their way? KC is averaging an NFL-best 36.2 points per game, Patrick Mahomes has fired 26 touchdown passes, Tyreek Hill has seven TD catches and Travis Kelce is a top-three tight end.

SO what do do? He11 yes jump back into the fray Cleveland has already covered more than they have all of last year take CLE +10 and a side of over 52 baby!

While you're at it some BAL -2.5 vs pit and HOU (pick) plus some WASH (pick) and parlay them every way possible and get ready to collect big next Tuesday.

48 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Haven't heard from ONE MAN'S OPINION in a long time, let's see what he has to say. (Probably hiding from everyone he owes money to from last year.)

The Browns are becoming more dysfunctional as the season moves on with their offensive coordinator, Todd Haley, the latest to draw rumors about his job security. Maybe Cleveland ownership will finally realize Hue Jackson is the problem. Another problem is Cleveland’s defense, which is wearing down from having played four overtime games, three coming during the last five weeks. This may be a flat spot for the Chiefs. Yet who wants to get in their way? KC is averaging an NFL-best 36.2 points per game, Patrick Mahomes has fired 26 touchdown passes, Tyreek Hill has seven TD catches and Travis Kelce is a top-three tight end.

SO what do do? He11 yes jump back into the fray Cleveland has already covered more than they have all of last year take CLE +10 and a side of over 52 baby!

While you're at it some BAL -2.5 vs pit and HOU (pick) plus some WASH (pick) and parlay them every way possible and get ready to collect big next Tuesday.

Hou is losing that game in Denver.  ATL over Wash.  KC will cover the 10.

Just now, Pat Mahomo said:

This has been an unusual NFL season to say the least especially the ATS betting KC has been the best and is due for a breather and most everyone else is stuck in that 5-3, 4-4, 3-5 area. Parity is here and it's true almost anyone can beat anyone "on any given Sunday".  Just look at our Survivor pickem it's been decimated this year.

I'll stick by my picks this week. ;)  

KC will sleep-walk for a while and we'll play uncommonly inspired football......but will ultimately find a way to lose.  Because, that's what we do.

Go Browns!

(I wanted Mahomes.  Big, strong armed)

31 minutes ago, Orion said:

KC will sleep-walk for a while and we'll play uncommonly inspired football......but will ultimately find a way to lose.  Because, that's what we do.

Go Browns!

(I wanted Mahomes.  Big, strong armed)

I suspect if he had come to Cleveland he would have sat behind a mediocre journeyman quarterback, failed to be developed, then been traded away when yet another GM/Coach/Owner came to town, going on to another city and becoming a break-out star.

22 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

I suspect if he had come to Cleveland he would have sat behind a mediocre journeyman quarterback, failed to be developed, then been traded away when yet another GM/Coach/Owner came to town, going on to another city and becoming a break-out star.

And you are basing this off what?

When has this happened in Browns history? Len Dawson, 50 years ago? 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Never underestimate the Browns ability to find ways to squander talent. If you prefer a different scenario that's fine. But recent history suggests it would have ended up going poorly somehow. Hopefully with a new GM being able to pick his own HC there might be a change to such trends.

1 minute ago, tinythinker said:

Never underestimate the Browns ability to find ways to squander talent. If you prefer a different scenario that's fine. But recent history suggests it would have ended up going poorly somehow. Hopefully with a new GM being able to pick his own HC there might be a change to such trends.

I agree with you on that, usually the scenario is they pick a guy who should be brought along slowly, but instead the Browns throw him out onto the field waaaaaaaaaaaaay before he's ready.... The DeShone Kizer Scenario. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I agree with you on that, usually the scenario is they pick a guy who should be brought along slowly, but instead the Browns throw him out onto the field waaaaaaaaaaaaay before he's ready.... The DeShone Kizer Scenario. 

Sure, but that was kind of obvious. They sometimes like to surprise us with their creativity. In any case we grabbed three great rookies this season, so hopefully the past is prologue rather than destiny.

5 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Houston wins in Denver, take whatever over there is ATL-Wash and take the over and give away the 10 with KC for the parlay of the week.

Well, I'd obviously love to win this game, but I don't see the firings of our coordinator and head coach as being IMMEDIATE propulsion to better production, BUT I do believe it'll pay dividends later. How much later? Who knows, but having a first time play-caller HAS to be a little tricky, right? Maybe not, perhaps we've got the tools to run a successful offense....lord I hope so. 

So what am I looking for offensively? I want to see better 3rd down execution, for starters. If we have 3rd and 1, I'd love to be able to run the ball, have them KNOW we're running it, and then pick it up anyway. This starts with our OL, and I haven't been happy with the "push" we've gotten on recent short yardage situations. 

I want to see Baker making protection adjustments, so when there's an obvious free blitzer, we actually have someone to BLOCK HIM. Also, I'd like to see Baker making audibles in case we can't adjust the protection sufficiently. Case in point, last week against the Steelers, on our very first drive that ended in a FG. We had a very manageable 3rd and 4ish, and the call was a run to Duke Johnson. Many people don't like the call, but I love it. The PROBLEM was, the Steelers were obviously waiting for it. I mean, the linebacker was literally camping out RIGHT where the run was supposed to go, and it was plainly obvious. Baker is very smart, he HAD to see it. Does Baker have the authority to change plays? I honestly don't know. But that was a huge 3rd down and it was obviously doomed to fail. 

I'm really frustrated with the offense in general, like many of us are, and there isn't much MORE frustrating than having a poor OL. Now, our guards are excellent, our center is ok, but our tackles are literally the worst on the effing planet. It's impossible for Baker to learn the position if he's getting nailed so often, and he's going to get injured, either mentally, physically, or both. 

Our defense needs to continue to take the ball away today, and our offense needs score TDs off them. Penalties will play a large part in our chances, as we aren't good enough on offense to overcome them, and we need to sustain drives to keep Mahomes off the field. Conversely, we can't have the legendary Browns Defensive 3rd down penalties that let opposing offenses keep the ball. I'm really looking forward to a fun game, win or lose. Hopefully it is and it's not the stinker special. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Houston wins in Denver, take whatever over there is ATL-Wash and take the over and give away the 10 with KC for the parlay of the week.

Just found this concerning the parlay of KC and the over.

https://www.sportsline.com/insiders/50341459/week-9-nfl-picks-from-a-top-ranked-computer-model/?ttag=splnnlheadline311042018

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

" We can tell you model projects the Chiefs (-7.5)..."

I guess it pays to shop books...

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

So will we be watching the future Browns head coach on the Chiefs sidelines today? 

Certainly would seem to be one of two sidelines that are most likely to produce our next HC. The other being GB's.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Certainly would seem to be one of two sidelines that are most likely to produce our next HC. The other being GB's.

Was just looking closer at who those sidelines include... and I'm underwhelmed.

KC has Bienemy, but I don't want a 1st-year OC who does not call plays. Their DC is Bob Sutton... who reminds me of someone.... SuttBo0c_2016.jpg .... Hmmmmmmm...

Other than McCarthy GB has Philbin (the definition of retread?) and Pet... So looks to be McCarthy or bust.

Full inactives list...

Kansas City Chiefs Injuries
Eric Berry DB Inactive  
Justin Hamilton DT Inactive  
Justin Houston OLB Inactive  
Kahlil McKenzie OG Inactive  
Mitch Morse C Inactive  
Darrel Williams RB Inactive  
Frank Zombo LB Inactive  

Cleveland Browns Injuries
Pharaoh Brown TE Inactive  
Desmond Harrison OT Inactive  
Damarious Randall SS Inactive  
Joe Schobert MLB Inactive  
Da'Mari Scott WR Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive  
Chad Thomas DE Inactive

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Lenny Dawson who's he unless you'rs some old fart stuck in some time warp......oh wait nevermind.

Now Mayfield may be the next Len Dawson with just a few more tools to work with and hopefully not the next Archie Manning stuck with a bad team and get the crap knocked out of you.

The BROWNS 2-10-1 in three point or less games under the HUE CAMPAIGN now over, another last second FG game and _______ wins! Yes book it! CLE +10, money baby.

No ties please.

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Full inactives list...

Kansas City Chiefs Injuries

Frank Zombo LB Inactive  

Too bad Zombo isn't playing for them today. you know he'd intentionally blow this for the Chiefs.🤗

Browns have problems on the offensive line with a one-legged center and Greg Robinson making 1st start at LT. Meanwhile,  Chiefs will field four ex-Browns on their O-line today.

13 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Browns have problems on the offensive line with a one-legged center and Greg Robinson making 1st start at LT. Meanwhile,  Chiefs will field four ex-Browns on their O-line today.

Yep, hopefully it’s a KC trap game and the Browns catch em flat footed though. Gonna be a little fire on the team today too. Hope! Hope!

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Randall out ....healthy scratch according to Schefter ..... Desmond Harrison out too ...who is LT ?

wth man he is one of are better players 

is williams saving him for next week cause he thinks we have no chance today

42 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Too bad Zombo isn't playing for them today. you know he'd intentionally blow this for the Chiefs.🤗

NO ZOMBO!  Oh no! I was counting on that and my bookie must have taken his phone off of the hook.  :o

Archived