THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Johnson

jcam222

I predict that this week we see a thunder and lighting attack from Chubb and Duke. I see Duke being unleased this week and both of them going off. It will be telling is so. Gotta love him too, watched his interview post Hue firing and he refuses to throw anyone under the boss or comment on his lack of being used. True pro. 

37 minutes ago, ATOM said:

well being that kc has one of the worst rushing D's in the league and we will want to keep mahomes off the field I would say you are right, obvious but right

Not sure which team you’ve been watching but us using Duke is far from obvious. 

36 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Running against the Chiefs is no big shake.  If you want to give a hot take say Duke will end the season with at least 1000 total yards.  Duke has cracked that number once in his career when he was targeted 94 times in the passing game.

lol he hasnt been used a half season already, 1000 yard isnt a hot take , its fcking stupid

On 11/1/2018 at 12:41 PM, jcam222 said:

Not sure which team you’ve been watching but us using Duke is far from obvious. 

my god it's the only way to beat K.C especially without a downfield threat Who in the fuk do you think they will dial in on ?  do you think their coachs are fuking stupid? you must if you think they have not scouted Duke

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Duke is a mediocre back

He is a slash back hasn’t been used correctly all season. Should be slot, 3rd down, punt returner. 

He makes top 10 money, he will be traded to someone like the Falcons and be the next Sproles/Westbrook. 

7 hours ago, hx214 said:

He is a slash back hasn’t been used correctly all season. Should be slot, 3rd down, punt returner. 

He makes top 10 money, he will be traded to someone like the Falcons and be the next Sproles/Westbrook. 

I was thinking CLE should give him heavy usage against teams with good run Ds like DEN. I see they try to force it to Chubb.  Be like how NE was with Blount and Dion Lewis.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Good player to be sure, but Chubb's emergence has made him less relevant.

Best teams have a couple of good backs. NO has Ingram and Kamara and if either one has a series of runs or a really long run, the other comes in to give a breather. Makes them both far more effective and also running at 100% every play because they know the coach will take them out appropriately and/or they can signal to come out at any time.

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Best teams have a couple of good backs. NO has Ingram and Kamara and if either one has a series of runs or a really long run, the other comes in to give a breather. Makes them both far more effective and also running at 100% every play because they know the coach will take them out appropriately and/or they can signal to come out at any time.

Less relevant does not mean valueless.... just means the value gap is wider than it once was.

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

One thing ya gotta love about Browns fans is they defend their guy to the end.  Duke is an average 2nd back.  He’s just over 500 yards total offense.  

540 yards for such limited playing time is not bad at all.

Archived