THE BROWNS BOARD

Ex QB Named Browns RB Coach

darren15

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Ex QB Ryan Lindley who coached Wentz and Trubisky to help prepare them for the draft has been named errrrrrr Running Backs coach ........ LMAO

If he knows what he is doing, no problem.  Lots of NFL coaches (position or otherwise)  never played the position they coach. The question is: can he impart proper knowledge.   

don't get this one. unless were waiting for Bruce Arians to come down out of the tv booth this week for a former Zona photo opt with Amos,Stanton,Kitchens and now Lindley..maybe 8 gamedays being coached by a guy sitting at home in NC can't hurt Hillard or Chubb..https://www.tmz.com/2018/10/29/earnest-byner-hue-jackson-cleveland-browns/   

19 minutes ago, Zombo said:

What position did Belichick play, again?

Zombo

I tried that one earlier and was told that it was a shitty question.  

Look around the league and ask what position most of these good coaches played.   Just because someone was a good player doesn't make them a good coach.   John Elway is about the only recent example of a guy who was a great player and has gone on to be a really good executive in the NFL.   I'm sure there are others but I think its more likely that its the journeymen NFL players or the guys who never made it who turn out to be the really good coaches.

Am halfway done on reading a book on Billy Belicheck..Bill played Center & TE at U Conn..Awkwardly, Bill's 1st assistant job was with Colts Ted Marchibroda paying him $25 buckS..per week..

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Ex QB Ryan Lindley who coached Wentz and Trubisky to help prepare them for the draft has been named errrrrrr Running Backs coach ........ LMAO

Both Wentz and Trubs run pretty well... so there's that...

Archived