THE BROWNS BOARD

Is anyone else sick of how we get talked to from ownership and staff?

Clevfan4life

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You could literally feel the pent up aggression from some posters after the Browns pulled out the win vs the Ravens.

They so wanted to bitch and rant and rave but couldn't. 

It's truly amazing how some people around here seem to be happier because they can bitch and moan when the Browns lose then they are happy when they win.  I just don't understand it.

If I got that worked up about something that I have no control over...I'd quit watching.      Hell, I quit watching now when the game gets out of hand.   Love the red zone channel once the Browns game is over.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Since I’m one of the negative jerks, what is there is to be positive about.  Not trying to be sarcastic but our record over the past decade is embarrassing.  For years I laughed at using the franchise tag on your kicker and the last 2 years that seems like the best move they’ve made in a decade.

The only glimmer of positivity in this abyss is Ward but it’s hard to evaluate him since the team hasn’t had a 3-5 game stretch of success where the defense has been called upon to stop teams in the 4th quarter with a 10+ plus lead.

You're not a negative jerk. As a fan you have the right to criticize your team. It's part of being a fan.

Everyone is sick and tired of losing. Cleve however has become unhinged. Unlike everyone else, losing has consumed the guy and his only way of dealing with it is to post thread after thread bitching about something no matter how unreasonable or absurd it is.

He's aware his incessant bitching can't make things better, it only helps him feel better.

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Since I’m one of the negative jerks, what is there is to be positive about.  Not trying to be sarcastic but our record over the past decade is embarrassing.  For years I laughed at using the 1) franchise tag on your kicker and the last 2 years that seems like the best move they’ve made in a decade.

The only 2) glimmer of positivity in this abyss is Ward but it’s hard to evaluate him since the team hasn’t had a 3-5 game stretch of success where the defense has been called upon to stop teams in the 4th quarter with a 10+ plus lead.

First, I was going to quote Stink Hole, but he said it better than I ever could.  

1) They used the franchise tag on Dawson because he wanted out, can you blame him?  

2) Garrett is tied for the league lead in sacks yeah, he sucks. (But let's bitch he's not playing like a combination of JJ Watt and Lawrence Taylor yet) So you must think Mayfield is going to flame out, and Avery and Callaway are going to be bums too.  

It's OK though- I realize some fans- and not just those on this board- are always going to find something to complain about regardless of how well the team (or their) team does.  Some Browns fans wanted Marty fired after he took Cleveland to two consecutive AFC championship games. Some Steelers fans want Tomlin fired. 

We have an owner that is a football moron

He finally hired a football person

Hopefully he lets the football person run the team

If jimmy keeps running the team. WE ARE DOOMED 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Whatever- you're entitled to your opinion, FWIW, you're beating a dead horse. Keep sticking your head in the sand how things work in the NFL.   it's not happening. I'll give you a research project. Find a quote from an owner of any NFL team who after firing a coach or GM has ever said more than "We thank _____ for his time with the team, and wish him well in the future".  As Tour pointed out (you weren't listening) to say anything more would be inviting a lawsuit. 

You'd be surprised...  

Not saying Haslam should do the same but just replying that when Al Davis fired Tom Cable he called a Presser hours after and dogged the ex HC for like 45 minutes as the biggest piece of Sheet alive. 

3 hours ago, StinkHole said:

You're not a negative jerk. As a fan you have the right to criticize your team. It's part of being a fan.

Everyone is sick and tired of losing. Cleve however has become unhinged. Unlike everyone else, losing has consumed the guy and his only way of dealing with it is to post thread after thread bitching about something no matter how unreasonable or absurd it is.

He's aware his incessant bitching can't make things better, it only helps him feel better.

Perhaps he is unhinged. Can't really blame him. As long as he isn't targeting other fans or the forum like the fat trailer trash from Memphis that is currently on hiatus from the board I say let Cleve get it out. He is frustrated because he clearly loves and cares a ton about his team. Nothing wrong with that. 

1 hour ago, VikingDawg said:

Perhaps he is unhinged. Can't really blame him. As long as he isn't targeting other fans or the forum like the fat trailer trash from Memphis that is currently on hiatus from the board I say let Cleve get it out. He is frustrated because he clearly loves and cares a ton about his team. Nothing wrong with that. 

ur quoting a steeler fan dude, not sure if you know that or not. But he's one of our little small cok life faggots from Pgh that troll here. Your welcome. I have him on ignore, I suggest you do the same but that's entirely up to you. 

2 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Not saying Haslam should do the same but just replying that when Al Davis fired Tom Cable he called a Presser hours after and dogged the ex HC for like 45 minutes as the biggest piece of Sheet alive. 

Well, Al was getting pretty old. He alway struck me as sort of crazy too... 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well, Al was getting pretty old. He alway struck me as sort of crazy too... 

Yeah, he was batshit for sure but not gonna lie, I miss Al Davis taking kickers in the 1st round of the draft and calling press conferences to Sheet all over former coaches and players, plus trading 1st round picks for 40 year old players all the time. He kept things funny and gave all the rest of us the ability to say "could be worse, at least Crazy Al doesn't own us!" 

Archived