THE BROWNS BOARD

Is anyone else sick of how we get talked to from ownership and staff?

Clevfan4life

16 hours ago, Mark O said:

Of course it was cowpoop.   So is every press conference that's ever been held.  No one is going to tell you what actually went on.   John Dorsey has had success in the NFL drafting football players.  That's his only job.   I don't care if he doesn't answer a question in a press conference again.

Williams refused to answer questions about what was going on as well.  Do you hate him too?  

Thanks for that Mark.

When Dan Fouts was asked about the Hue - Haley thing, he answered it perfectly. "It's the frustration from losing."

I'm from Pittsburgh.  I knew Todd Haley was an asśhole who put points up on the board. 

Haley was non-renewed at PIT because he did not get along with several people in the building including Ben.  Todd Haley will launch into profanity laced tirades and get into people's face.  I have seen him scream, "Shut the fùck up Ben!" and you may remember that he got in the face of Kurt Warner and screamed at him in the Super Bowl 40. Ben said, "He screams at me a lot."

Jimmy and Dorsey should have known what we all know about Todd Haley.  He is an asśhole who puts points up on the board.  That's the Todd Haley package.  To hire and fire a guy right away is an example of failure. Todd Haley was not fired from PIT, he was non-renewed.  Bruce Arians was non-renewed.  Díck Lebeau was non-renewed.   The last assistant coaches to get fired at PIT was in 1989 and the last Head Coach to get fired was in 1968.  If you can find a more recent date then please correct me. CLE needs continuity.  I didn't like Hue but I liked the effort at continuity; retaining him after at 0-16 season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been disappointed in Haslam. I think he is committed to winning (I like that part) but he has been terrible in trying to do it. My two cents is I would have liked to have seen him do his homework from the start and hired front office and coaches with proven track records of success, people he had total confidence in and then stand back (have some patience) and let them do their jobs and take a hands off approach. We are tearing down yet again and starting over and how many times have we been through this? It puts me in mind of a contractor who is always laying a foundation and then tearing it up or a farmer who after planting keeps digging up the seed to see how well it is doing. We have floundered since Haslam took ownership. Maybe this time he will get it right. I'm hoping.

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

so someone at least partially understands where im coming from. I cant believe people can watch jimmy john blow it out their butt like that and say ah well should be fine we'll have a fine coach next season this dirsey guy he's a real straight one he is.....

god this is some kind of inception like time loop or something....

Deja Vu all over again 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

So.. I guess if your wife divorced you.. It would be ok for her to tell the world why your such a kinky fruit cake who , sucks in bed and , she can tell everyone what a dead beat dad you are... Thats basically what your asking Jimmy and John to do , instead of letting Hue and TH save face and move on with theyre careers... Yeah , we would all like to be flies on the wall for that juicy exchange.. I commend GW for not taking pot shots at Hue and Todd.. And ditto for Jimmy and John. That certainly was not the Forum to do so... People aren't perfect.. And People due make mistakes and resurrect themselves.... Be happy that they stopped the bleeding before it got any worse.. The main focus now is to put that behind us.. and focus on Sunday... After watching GW's presser... I'm on board.. I have a good feeling about this...

i wanna be clear, and i said earlier, thst i want hue and th's side as well. I want the whole fukking story for why this thing has gone into the shtter yet again. 20 years of fail has just run its course with me. I dont care if none of us ownng the team, i dont. We're still owed an explanation for why we cant bringbin a coach that can last past 3 years and is sometimes gone after 1.

Of sll the firings its the chudzinski one that still haunts me cause that guy was a native fan growing up. And thats almost what i think it'll take to win here....people native to this area who give more than a couple fuks. Its another "job" for every other coach and player who come here. It honestly might take staff and players from the area or who were raised as browns fans, to win here. 

so yeah i kind of now want details on why mangini HAD to be fired after developing one ofvthe best run games in the nfl, and every staff after that. Cause what i heard in that presser was what i heard after each and every one of those firings. I cant beleive more of u arent galled by that. 

8 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and ftr dorsey for some reason doesnt pass my smell test. I dont know if its the sweatshirt over the collared shirt thing.....or the sound of his voice.....i dunno

Yeah..the guy has only had success drafting and building teams so why should you think he's any good.   I'm sure you could do a better job if just given the chance.

Just now, Mark O said:

Yeah..the guy has only had success drafting and building teams so why should you think he's any good.   I'm sure you could do a better job if just given the chance.

im mot denying tgat, we'll see if he can do that here. He just personally doesnt pass my smell test, thats it

18 hours ago, Mark O said:

It's at times like these and some of the posters here and their moronic "insights" and opinions that make me really question Browns fans.   We should be smarter than this.    I just simply can't figure it out.

Hey, if we were smart we would have dropped this team decades ago and chosen another team to root for. 😏

2 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Hey, if we were smart we would have dropped this team decades ago and chosen another team to root for. 😏

I guess that's an option if you chose the team.....but in my case, the team and the city chose me.  It's where I'm from so as long as the team is in Cleveland, that's the team I"m rooting for through the good and the bad.

30 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i wanna be clear, and i said earlier, thst i want hue and th's side as well. I want the whole fukking story for why this thing has gone into the shtter yet again. 20 years of fail has just run its course with me. I dont care if none of us ownng the team, i dont. We're still owed an explanation for why we cant bringbin a coach that can last past 3 years and is sometimes gone after 1.

As has been pointed out to you already,  The team or the organization owes you nothing at all.  And you're holding your breath waiting for an explanation, I suggest you take a deep breath and relax because it ain't happening ever.  They don't owe you anything at all. 

You thinking you're owed something because you're a fan of a team is laughable.   You should probably find a new team to root for and guess what, that team doesn't owe you squat either and when that team fires a coach or a GM, they aren't going to give you the whole story either.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

I want to Fuyuck Kaley Cuoco.  We can't always get what we want.

Zujasty.jpg

Of sll the firings its the chudzinski one that still haunts me cause that guy was a native fan growing up. And thats almost what i think it'll take to win here....people native to this area who give more than a couple fuks. Its another "job" for every other coach and player who come here. It honestly might take staff and players from the area or who were raised as browns fans, to win here. 

And who is that guy supposed to be?   McDaniels was mentioned elsewhere,   born in Barberton grew up on North Canton.  Who else you got in mind?

so yeah i kind of now want details on why mangini HAD to be fired after developing one ofvthe best run games in the nfl, and every staff after that. Cause what i heard in that presser was what i heard after each and every one of those firings. I cant beleive more of u arent galled by that. 

Well....with what we got running things....you better get used to a bushel full of lies every day.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

As has been pointed out to you already,  The team or the organization owes you nothing at all.  

1) they dont owe "me", they owe "us"...

2) uve pointed out alot if things that are invalid and/or make no sense. But thank u for pointing out to me you've pointed out useless stats and facts to me in the past.

21 hours ago, Mark O said:

Of course it was cowpoop.   So is every press conference that's ever been held.  No one is going to tell you what actually went on.   John Dorsey has had success in the NFL drafting football players.  That's his only job.   I don't care if he doesn't answer a question in a press conference again.

Williams refused to answer questions about what was going on as well.  Do you hate him too?  

Ahhhh yes a press conference rehearsed PR at it's finest.

So why would anyone be upset at anything they say?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ahhhh yes a press conference rehearsed PR at it's finest.

So why would anyone be upset at anything they say?  :lol:

Only people who think that the team owes them something because they're a fan of the team.

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

thats not really kaley was it? that was a photoshop job right?

It might be her.   While most photos of her that I have seen where she is nude are likely photoshopped, I don't think this one is.

Also, another that I don't think is is a very early photo:

kaley-cuoco-nude.jpg

Just now, The Gipper said:

It might be her.   While most photos of her that I have seen where she is nude are likely photoshopped, I don't think this one is.

Also, another that I don't think is is a very early photo:

They can do wonders with an air brushs however some people just don't need them. 

1) they dont owe "me", they owe "us"...

2) uve pointed out alot if things that are invalid and/or make no sense. But thank u for pointing out to me you've pointed out useless stats and facts to me in the past.

Whatever- you're entitled to your opinion, FWIW, you're beating a dead horse. Keep sticking your head in the sand how things work in the NFL.   it's not happening. I'll give you a research project. Find a quote from an owner of any NFL team who after firing a coach or GM has ever said more than "We thank _____ for his time with the team, and wish him well in the future".  As Tour pointed out (you weren't listening) to say anything more would be inviting a lawsuit. 

thats not really kaley was it? that was a photoshop job right?

You'd be surprised...  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Whatever- you're entitled to your opinion, FWIW, you're beating a dead horse. Keep sticking your head in the sand how things work in the NFL.   

I KNOW thats not how the nfl works, i never thought otherwise....my point is after 20 years of this i dont care, this isnt normal anymore. After this many hc changes in such a short time its my contention that "something" has to give....we lose, start over, lose again, rinse repeat. We have no continuity in schemes, players dont want to come here because of it...this is a problem. And every 2 years we get told the EXACT same sht.......so, zero accountability ensues because they know they can roll out the same sentences every 2 years....and we as a fan base accept it. So it will go on. Forever. Or until jimmy sells

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I KNOW thats not how the nfl works, i never thought otherwise....my point is after 20 years of this i dont care, this isnt normal anymore. After this many hc changes in such a short time its my contention that "something" has to give....we lose, start over, lose again, rinse repeat. We have no continuity in schemes, players dont want to come here because of it...this is a problem. And every 2 years we get told the EXACT same sht.......so, zero accountability ensues because they know they can roll out the same sentences every 2 years....and we as a fan base accept it. So it will go on. Forever. Or until jimmy sells

I think it would be in the best interest of your health and well being going forward to find a new team.   You're a bit too emotional about a sports team that you ( or any of us) have any control over what they do or how they do it and it's not changing anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

I think it would be in the best interest of your health and well being going forward to find a new team.   You're a bit too emotional about a sports team that you ( or any of us) have any control over what they do or how they do it and it's not changing anytime soon. 

lemme be perfectly clear, i give no fuks about the NFL without the clev browns. If the browns left again i wouldnt bother watching football. The sport is not the same as it was back in the 80's when i started watching. Its only the browns that keep me interested.

No browns, no football. Got it?

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

lemme be perfectly clear, i give no fuks about the NFL without the clev browns. If the browns left again i wouldnt bother watching football. The sport is not the same as it was back in the 80's when i started watching. Its only the browns that keep me interested.

No browns, no football. Got it?

Whatever dude....just keep on ranting and raving and starting multiple threads bitching up a storm after losses. 

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

then stop replying dude. Uve been reverse riding my tip for days, just ignore me then...

I'd love to...but when you start 9 new threads after the game all ranting and raving, someone has to clean that shit up and I'm one of those someones. 

There's a lot of you I'd like to ignore these days.  Some of you just get off on being negative about this team.

32 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'd love to...but when you start 9 new threads after the game all ranting and raving, someone has to clean that Sheet up and I'm one of those someones. 

There's a lot of you I'd like to ignore these days.  Some of you just get off on being negative about this team.

Since I’m one of the negative jerks, what is there is to be positive about.  Not trying to be sarcastic but our record over the past decade is embarrassing.  For years I laughed at using the franchise tag on your kicker and the last 2 years that seems like the best move they’ve made in a decade.

The only glimmer of positivity in this abyss is Ward but it’s hard to evaluate him since the team hasn’t had a 3-5 game stretch of success where the defense has been called upon to stop teams in the 4th quarter with a 10+ plus lead.

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Since I’m one of the negative jerks, what is there is to be positive about. 

We've won 2 more games than we won all last season and a tie.    3 of the 5 losses came in OT or at the very end of the game so the games were exciting and entertaining.  The team looks to have more young talent than its had in the past years so that to me is 3 positive things right there.

It's all about entertainment to me.    Can choose to be positive or choose to be negative.  I'll choose the positive side. 

44 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'd love to...but when you start 9 new threads after the game all ranting and raving, someone has to clean that Sheet up and I'm one of those someones. 

You could literally feel the pent up aggression from some posters after the Browns pulled out the win vs the Ravens.

They so wanted to bitch and rant and rave but couldn't. 

Archived