THE BROWNS BOARD

Is anyone else sick of how we get talked to from ownership and staff?

Clevfan4life

I just watched Jimmy john's presser, and those two guys just don't strike me as football people. I am not hopeful about them turning things around. It's always this political speech, just pure boolshit. Catch phrases we've heard for damn near 20 years. I wanted to hear WHAT THE FUK happned between Haley and Hue AND WHY THE FUK IT WAS ALLOWED TO FESTER since we all kind of saw this sht budding in preseason. Just something ain't right with this whole organization. It's like Jimmys a mole from Pgh meant to keep the Browns 2 easy outs for the steelers. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's frustrating ClevFan, there's no doubt about that.  Listening to Dorsey "answer" the questions was annoying and insulting.  For the life of me, I don't understand why reporters don't call them out on their crud.  If I'm a reporter, and I ask a question that turns into a political diatribe, I'm going to ask, "Could you please answer the question I asked, Mr. Dorsey?"  If they're not going to truthfully answer the question that was asked, I'd rather them just say, "We aren't going to get into that right now."

That being said, we also need to understand how frustrated Jimmy Haslam is, ya know?  He REALLY thought he did it right this time.  He believed he had the right man for the job, and he and his family became very close with Hue Jackson and his family.  The Haslams finally had an NFL coach with real experience, and they finally had "real coordinators" that had a bunch of experience.  I honestly believe Jimmy Haslam thought they were going to be much better this year, and especially for the future.  

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

I just watched Jimmy john's presser, and those two guys just don't strike me as football people. I am not hopeful about them turning things around. It's always this political speech, just pure boolshit. Catch phrases we've heard for damn near 20 years. I wanted to hear WHAT THE FUK happned between Haley and Hue AND WHY THE FUK IT WAS ALLOWED TO FESTER since we all kind of saw this sht budding in preseason. Just something ain't right with this whole organization. It's like Jimmys a mole from Pgh meant to keep the Browns 2 easy outs for the steelers. 

Of course it was bullshit.   So is every press conference that's ever been held.  No one is going to tell you what actually went on.   John Dorsey has had success in the NFL drafting football players.  That's his only job.   I don't care if he doesn't answer a question in a press conference again.

Williams refused to answer questions about what was going on as well.  Do you hate him too?  

That is what owners do essentially...give political speeches.   But I think you are wrong on Dorsey.  He seems to have given the straight, honest scoop.

By the way, was your use of "Fester" an intended pun?  :lol:

31 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Williams refused to answer questions about what was going on as well.  Do you hate him too?  

i didnt see gw's presser but my iriginal statement of ownership and staff includes coaches. I know williams is a "football guy" tho.....and his take about what went on in berea is not what im inrerested in cause he's the defensive coordinator, so not sure why u used him as an example.

Im interested in the gm's answers and ultimately now haslems because ive had enough of these coaching swaps. My tank for this buulshit is officially now over max capacity. For this massive coaching change to happen mid season shows just "profound" dysfunction in berea. We were on hard knocks for fuk sake....and that "brand bump" is officially over. 

i fukking want answers to wtf is going on in berea, and real ones. I dont care if some departed coaches have hard feelings......all the owners and high nfl brass knows what went on.....so if hue really was a huge problem i want to know about it. Im not interested in protecting ego's and reputations. Im sure the NFL tells reams not to burn guys on their waybout and vice versa.

i also want to hear what hues take on the situation was as well as haleys. Fuk, id love to hear from pettine and shurmur atbthis point. 20 years of dilapidation....we're owed an explanation now. There are teams that have had fewer qb's than we've had coaches over the last decade plus. im over it

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

It's none of MY business & it's none of YOUR business.

ANY manager who talks about employee(s) & their situations to others is CRAP! Having been a successful manager for years, and hearing others TALK about employee(s) to others, I can tell you this...what they divulged cost them the trust & respect of their CURRENT staff (and I might add, the trust & respect of peers, including me).

Mike 

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

ANY manager who talks about employee(s) & their situations to others is CRAP! Having been a successful manager for years, and hearing others TALK about employee(s) to others, I can tell you this...what they divulged cost them the trust & respect of their CURRENT staff (and I might add, the trust & respect of peers, including me).

Mike 

dont care. In business when a company fuks up this royally for this long, they owe their stockholders a detailed exp....and thats essentially what we are even tho we technically dobt own part of the team. A sports franchise is kibd of indemnified market entity. Theres no other football team in cleveland we can just watch over the browns. 

36 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

dont care. In business when a company fuks up this royally for this long, they owe their stockholders a detailed exp....and thats essentially what we are even tho we technically dobt own part of the team. A sports franchise is kibd of indemnified market entity. Theres no other football team in cleveland we can just watch over the browns. 

First off, you're not a stockholder, you're a fan. The only team in the NFL who has stockholders (and they're for all intents and purposes honorary ones) is the Green Bay Packers.

You POV is totally out of whack. No team in the NFL is going to give you a detailed explanation of what goes on behind closed doors, and their rational for doing so. You going to go down the street to a neighbor's house you barely know and ask him "hey, I heard you broke up with your wife, what went on?" He's probably going to tell you- none of your f**king business.

So if you think you're somehow a stockholder of the Browns, and you don't like the way things are going, sell your shares, and start following another "business" er, team.... 

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

First off, you're not a stockholder, you're a fan. The only team in the NFL who has stockholders (and they're for all intents an purposes honorary ones) is the Green Bay Packers.

You POV is totally out of whack. No team in the NFL is going to give you a detailed explanation of what goes on behind closed doors, and their rational for doing so. You going to go down the street to a neighbor's house you barely know and ask him "hey, I heard you broke up with your wife, what went on?" He's probably going to tell you- none of your f**king business.

So if you think you're somehow a stockholder of the Browns, and you don't like the way things are going, sell your shares, and start following another "business" er, team.... 

and this is why this will go on for another 20 years. 😑

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and this is why this will go on for another 20 years. 😑

Look, this is stuff that goes on with every NFL team. The Cowboys just fired their offensive line coach, did you see Jerry Jones come out and say "well we had to fire this guy-because...." ? 

Seriously- some of the things that go on and are said when coaches are let go is political correctness. Would it make you feel any better if Haslam had come out and said "Yeah, I really f**ked up hiring this loser Hue. His gameday coaching sucked, couldn't do clock management worth a damn, his play calling blew dead worms, and he couldn't recognize QB talent if it walked up to him and bit him in the azz."   

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Look, this is stuff that goes on with every NFL team. The Cowboys just fired their offensive line coach, did you see Jerry Jones come out and say "well we had to fire this guy-because...." ? 

Seriously- some of the things that go on and are said when coaches are let go is political correctness. Would it make you feel any better if Haslam had come out and said "Yeah, I really f**ked up hiring this loser Hue. His gameday coaching sucked, couldn't do clock management worth a damn, his play calling blew dead worms, and he couldn't recognize QB talent if it walked up to him and bit him in the azz."   

It's at times like these and some of the posters here and their moronic "insights" and opinions that make me really question Browns fans.   We should be smarter than this.    I just simply can't figure it out.

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

No employer will ever give non-public info that lead to the termination of a past employee. To do so would be to invite a lawsuit.

It's really that simple...

dont care. In business when a company fuks up this royally for this long, they owe their stockholders a detailed exp....

When has this ever happened?

Even the identity of the JPMorgan "whale" was protected after the details of the trading hole he'd dug were known. When his name came out, JPM simply acknowledged that he is no longer employed by JPM.

7IH2.gif  1yX7.gif    man-stril cramps?                    wait till Chief-week gets out of hand..Who printed our SB tickets this year?    

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike 

Couldn't have said it better Mike. Would I like to know? Sure I would. Should I know? Hell no. One thing I think many forget is like it or not Haslam owns the team. Unless someone has the over $1 billion it would take to change that it is what it is. Truth be told, if I had an extra billion so that I could have a pro football team for a hobby I am sure I'd mettle to. What fun is a toy if you can't play with it?

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i didnt see gw's presser but my iriginal statement of ownership and staff includes coaches. I know williams is a "football guy" tho.....and his take about what went on in berea is not what im inrerested in cause he's the defensive coordinator, so not sure why u used him as an example.

Im interested in the gm's answers and ultimately now haslems because ive had enough of these coaching swaps. My tank for this buulshit is officially now over max capacity. For this massive coaching change to happen mid season shows just "profound" dysfunction in berea. We were on hard knocks for fuk sake....and that "brand bump" is officially over. 

i fukking want answers to wtf is going on in berea, and real ones. I dont care if some departed coaches have hard feelings......all the owners and high nfl brass knows what went on.....so if hue really was a huge problem i want to know about it. Im not interested in protecting ego's and reputations. Im sure the NFL tells reams not to burn guys on their waybout and vice versa.

i also want to hear what hues take on the situation was as well as haleys. Fuk, id love to hear from pettine and shurmur atbthis point. 20 years of dilapidation....we're owed an explanation now. There are teams that have had fewer qb's than we've had coaches over the last decade plus. im over it

And who the fukk are you?

The owner owes you nothing.  He doesn't owe you a Super Bowl champion. He doesn't even owe you a team that wins more than it loses.

Fans love to equate "a bad football product" as they do with a bad food product, or a bad car product  etc...It's not the same thing.

Owners don't owe you a winner, or guarantee you a winner. If every team was a winner then there wouldn't be a loser. Someone's got to be the loser.

What you as fans are paying for is the privilege of watching and rooting for a NFL team in your city....not for wins....that's it sonny boy.

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Hue lost all control, man. “I am the coach” - “it’s my team” ...it became a toxic environment. It’s pretty obvious. That’s not what this franchise is about moving forward.

Let bygones be bygones, right? Why would they wanna talk about the last chapter? It’s time to move forward. 

Under pressure Hue forgot it was a team sport both on the field and in the coaching room. As soon as he gave that little speech about being in his chair, it was inevitable all of this would fall apart the the way it did. Nothing like calling out fellow coaches in a public setting like Hard Knocks, especially when you're dead  wrong.

I don’t have as much of an issue with them choosing to not air the dirty laundry as I do with them saying the same Sheet as they did with Farmer, Pettine, Sashi and now Hue/Haley.  Again we are lead to believe that this is a coaching issue. In 2 years it will be a GM issue and in 2 more a coaching issue, rinsed repeat.

The problem is the entire organization. For some reason Jimmah keeps hiring GMs that think they’ve got the answers instead of playing it safe and taking the safe picks.    Free agents worth anything do not want to come to Cleveland and the team continues to overpay free agent talent.  And where I do agree with many in here is coaching isn’t great but again who is coming to Cleveland.  The Browns brass and fans are delusional if they think you are replacing Hue with Andy Reid or Jim Harbaugh.  The team will take a flyer on another unknown quantity that no one else wants.  The Browns are not an attractive job despite how much Kool Aid is consumed.

6 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

The team will take a flyer on another unknown quantity that no one else wants.  The Browns are not an attractive job despite how much Kool Aid is consumed.

Hue Jackson was the #1 or #2 HC prospect when the Browns hired him.  There were many teams that wanted him.    He was hardly an unknown quantity.    You're talking out your ass.

9 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Hue Jackson was the #1 or #2 HC prospect when the Browns hired him.  There were many teams that wanted him.    He was hardly an unknown quantity.    You're talking out your butt.

For the Chudzinski and Pettine hires, it did feel like the Browns chose two guys that no one else had as serious candidates. 

But Hue Jackson was a wanted HC candidate. I was shocked when he turned down a second Giants interview to take the Browns job. 

2 hours ago, StinkHole said:

The owner owes you nothing.  He doesn't owe you a Super Bowl champion. He doesn't even owe you a team that wins more than it loses.

Fans love to equate "a bad football product" as they do with a bad food product, or a bad car product  etc...It's not the same thing.

Owners don't owe you a winner, or guarantee you a winner. If every team was a winner then there wouldn't be a loser. Someone's got to be the loser.

What you as fans are paying for is the privilege of watching and rooting for a NFL team in your city....not for wins....that's it sonny boy.

No they definitely all of us. No they definitely all of

42 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I don’t have as much of an issue with them choosing to not air the dirty laundry as I do with them saying the same Sheet as they did with Farmer, Pettine, Sashi and now Hue/Haley.  Again we are lead to believe that this is a coaching issue. In 2 years it will be a GM issue and in 2 more a coaching issue, rinsed repeat.

The problem is the entire organization. For some reason Jimmah keeps hiring GMs that think they’ve got the answers instead of playing it safe and taking the safe picks.    Free agents worth anything do not want to come to Cleveland and the team continues to overpay free agent talent.  And where I do agree with many in here is coaching isn’t great but again who is coming to Cleveland.  The Browns brass and fans are delusional if they think you are replacing Hue with Andy Reid or Jim Harbaugh.  The team will take a flyer on another unknown quantity that no one else wants.  The Browns are not an attractive job despite how much Kool Aid is consumed.

LOL, so who was your "safer" pick than Dorsey- of the potential GM candidates who were available at the time? Plus what free agent wants to come to a 0-16 team? Start winning, it will all change. 

Daniel Jeremiah (and he was a pro scout for many years) from NFLN disagrees with you. Look at it from his perspective. 

1) Ben and Flacco are getting old. 2) the Bengals are inconsistent 3) The Browns have most of the major pieces in place  (QB, premier edge rusher, shutdown corner, only missing the LT and a stud WR)- Not to mention a well respected GM in Dorsey.  So, should Gregg Williams flop, the Browns are going to be a very attractive landing place for the next head coach.   

Regarding unknown head coach quantities- the Rams fired Jeff Fisher. Go look up the unknown quantity they hired to replace him, he seems to be doing pretty well. 

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

Of course it was cowpoop.   So is every press conference that's ever been held.  No one is going to tell you what actually went on

This sums it up right here.

Is the owner of the company you work for going to tell you what went on in an executive board meeting?  They'll only tell you what they want you to know.  And that's the way it HAS to be.  Otherwise you'll have the inmates running the asylum.

We've made these decisions because we feel it's in the best interest of the future of the organization.  That, and some fluff is all you'll ever get.

Having to explain this is really quite remedial.  

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

so someone at least partially understands where im coming from. I cant believe people can watch jimmy john blow it out their butt like that and say ah well should be fine we'll have a fine coach next season this dirsey guy he's a real straight one he is.....

god this is some kind of inception like time loop or something....

6 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Easy for you to say, The Owner of you're team controls most the NFL plain and simple. Everybody knows the Rooney's call the shots, not Roger G. The NFL is the new WWE. These refs pull shots out of their butt, make Sheet up as they go along and call what they want when they want. You cry about the Patriots game last year but seem to forget other times when games were just handed to you like a game against the Dolphins years back, When they said they didn't know who recovered a fumble so gave it back to the Steelers, or the 2005 Super Bowl, or hell I can name games recent. The NFL is 100% rigged same as wwe so I say YES the Owners do owe us some wins because our money is as good as the money going to Patriot games or Steeler games. You can't have the number 1 pick in the draft every year after year without anything shady going on so...…...

14 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

So.. I guess if your wife divorced you.. It would be ok for her to tell the world why your such a kinky fruit cake who , sucks in bed and , she can tell everyone what a dead beat dad you are... Thats basically what your asking Jimmy and John to do , instead of letting Hue and TH save face and move on with theyre careers... Yeah , we would all like to be flies on the wall for that juicy exchange.. I commend GW for not taking pot shots at Hue and Todd.. And ditto for Jimmy and John. That certainly was not the Forum to do so... People aren't perfect.. And People due make mistakes and resurrect themselves.... Be happy that they stopped the bleeding before it got any worse.. The main focus now is to put that behind us.. and focus on Sunday... After watching GW's presser... I'm on board.. I have a good feeling about this...

Archived