THE BROWNS BOARD

Al Saunders NOT named interim

Kvoethe

41 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Just heard this on NFL network regarding the relationship between Hue and his assistants.

Just said that Hue gave the team the day off after beating Baltimore and the assistant coaches were furious.

That doesn't surprise me.  

15 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He’s made many questionable calls this year in crucial game situations(end arounds, double screens) that have HURT this teams chances of winning 

Yea but its first year with a rookie QB and RB. We also 0 receiving talent outside of Landry. 

2 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Yea but its first year with a rookie QB and RB. We also 0 receiving talent outside of Landry. 

Baker was on fire in the second half against Tampa when OC called double screen(holding on Des Harrison), and run, on first downs in OT when again, Baker was on fire..

end arounds was called against NO(game tied I believe) when TT was playing with 5-6 minutes left, and it went for -8 yards...

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

And what young and up can coming candidate are you going to hire in the middle of the season??

Zombo is right...he's a respected guy who can coach the rest of the season and the staff is likely blown up at the end of the season anyways.

Hehe, he was just playing I think.  Saunders was hired as interim to just keep the wheels on as best as possible, and I think it makes a lot of sense.  And the guy might be 71, but he's got the energy of a freaking toddler!  I don't have any unrealistic expectations about what Saunders can accomplish in his 8 games, but I'm very interested to see how the players react to the massive changes.  The gossipy sports writers make it sound like Baker isn't sad whatsoever that Hue Jackson is gone, and if that's the case, I'm betting other players felt the same way.  

We have our monster defensive player in Garrett, our QB in Mayfield, a badazz CB in Ward, and several other key pieces to build around.  Our cupboard if far from "full", but it ain't empty like years past, either.  Once we get our coach, I could really see a transformation happening.  Right now we need to keep Baker healthy, and we need him to learn as much as possible during this difficult season.  It's been said before, but I always think back to what Peyton Manning said, "I learned the most about playing QB in the 4th quarter of some blowout losses."

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Totally fine with it. I really am curious to see what Haley and Williams do without the cloud of Hue over their heads. Saunders has been around the league forever and I'm not worried he can control the guys in the locker room. 

u do understand that hue had "nothibg" to do with the defense right? absolutely nothing. garrett wasnt questioning hue's defensive schemes last night, he was questioning gw's. 

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u do understand that hue had "nothibg" to do with the defense right? absolutely nothing. garrett wasnt questioning hue's defensive schemes last night, he was questioning gw's. 

I think the defense gave up because of the offensive dysfunction. And that missed FG and XP, ouch....

You cannot beat Pittsburgh if you don’t put points on the board. Maybe next year our defense will be better and have more depth, but clearly not this year.

Just now, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I think the defense gave up because of the offensive dysfunction. And that missed FG and XP, ouch....

You cannot beat Pittsburgh if you don’t put points on the board. Maybe next year our defense will be better and have more depth, but clearly not this year.

agreed

16 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

dude, you're honestly getting incoherent on this board. Calm down a bit my man, it's all good.

Although man, my original comment didn't age well haha.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Saunders hasn't been named interim coach.  Nothing has been announced yet.

It will be...just like hue and todd werent fired till officially announced

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Just heard this on NFL network regarding the relationship between Hue and his assistants.

Just said that Hue gave the team the day off after beating Baltimore and the assistant coaches were furious.

Yup with Williams in charge the Club Med coddling is gonzo....   

I can't even begin to spell her name but the NFLN lady that was at the Steeler game reinforced my opinion. The Browns QUIT in the 4th quarter against the Steelers. I'm sure Dorsey saw that, and besides all the other behind the scenes drama that's now coming out- it was the last straw for Huey. 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

The Rams hired their rookie Head Coach after their #1 overall bust at QB struggled his 1st year, and that seemed to work out just fine.

The Browns have to hire the right guy.... not the most well known guy.... the right guy. 

I don't disagree at all. the thing is hiring "the right guy" is not very easy to do

5 hours ago, Mark O said:

IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

Yes it appears a though it was beyond toxic behind the scenes and recently bubbled out into the mainstream media. I understand that change had to occur. It made sense to fire both Hue and Haley. Both seem to have been obstinate assholes who's egos wouldn't allow them to work together at the cost of wins.

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Fun thread...

... for taking a dead end.

dead end? Is this Al Saunders or Clevfan4life on the Browns sidelines?  67E0.gif    :)

Archived