THE BROWNS BOARD

Al Saunders NOT named interim

Kvoethe

4 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Nice to see we have gone for a young up and coming candidate

And what young and up can coming candidate are you going to hire in the middle of the season??

Zombo is right...he's a respected guy who can coach the rest of the season and the staff is likely blown up at the end of the season anyways.

3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Good guy to steer ship for eight games, coordinators stay in place ... blow up staff at end of season.

Z

100% correct, and 100% what will happen. 

5 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

IT doesn't have to be a rebuild.  Again...the rams got rid of their coach and didn't rebuild.  They got better.   Lots of teams get rid of their coaches and actually get better because of it.   Sounds like it was a pretty toxic locker room and quite the power struggle between Hue and his assistants, especially Haley.   Sounds to me like its all about the culture that Hue brings to the locker room and he has to go.

Nailed. It.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Right.  God knows how many times a coach has been fired and the new guy got a team to play much much better.   See even the Browns when Marty took over for Sam.

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

ill remind u of this post in a year or two when dorsey gets fired and we learn ofvthe stupid sht he pulled behind the scenes

Okay- honest question.  What do you want to happen?  All I see is you calling people wrong or the Browns awful lately.  (Like, a weird amount) Curious as to what you’d like to go down.

22 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I know many are over joyed and likely Hue did need to go. That said to me it’s depressing, yet another coaching change and rebuild.  Also hate to see us walk away from leading the lead in takeaways. 

The Rams hired their rookie Head Coach after their #1 overall bust at QB struggled his 1st year, and that seemed to work out just fine.

The Browns have to hire the right guy.... not the most well known guy.... the right guy. 

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Totally fine with it. I really am curious to see what Haley and Williams do without the cloud of Hue over their heads. Saunders has been around the league forever and I'm not worried he can control the guys in the locker room. 

Probably the right coach to guide the ship for the balance of the season, but his name will be included with Haley and Williams on Black Monday when the Browns clean house. 

2 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I dont understand why they didn't give Haley a chance. He has proven he can run a top tier offense and were going to let that go for a question mark next season? Dumb

He’s made many questionable calls this year in crucial game situations(end arounds, double screens) that have HURT this teams chances of winning 

35 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Just heard this on NFL network regarding the relationship between Hue and his assistants.

Just said that Hue gave the team the day off after beating Baltimore and the assistant coaches were furious.

Hue wasn’t cut out for the job.

I don’t know much about Sanders besides it sounding like a familiar name.

All I really know he’s an older head who coached in the 80s, maybe exactly what this young team needs.

4 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I dont understand why they didn't give Haley a chance. He has proven he can run a top tier offense and were going to let that go for a question mark next season? Dumb

I don't think Todd knew he had a super young team when he drew up this offense, it may have worked for a team that had a few years under their belt

Archived