THE BROWNS BOARD

"WE" have to do our part and stop showing up at games....

Clevfan4life

14 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm going no matter what.

My entertainment dollars, my choice. This team is extremely frustrating but I'm sticking with em.

I'm with you Bob. I'm at home now recovering from Gall Bladder surgery last week but, if I'm physically able, I'll be there this coming Sunday & tailgating as always.

GO BROWNS!

Mike

There was a time when I felt like the original poster, now I think a fan should go if they want to go.  Take your kids, go with your friends, go try and enjoy your home team.  Watch our young stars like Ward, Garrett, and Mayfield try and figure it out.  Cheer for the team and hope we bring home an elusive win.  I'm as frustrated as anyone, but it is what it is right now.  We started off the year very competitive and unfortunately we didn't win enough of the early games.  

Giving up and not going to the games is an pooper's solution.  As has been said, the owners hardly give a shite any more about stadium revenue, and all it does is allow these asshat owners to say "see I get no support from this city, I should move my team".

You see....the NFL, and its owners are NOT out of the  Blackmail business. Despite a few privately financed stadium deals, they still want a free place to do their business  that gives them a ton of revenue.....that the taxpayers pay for.  And if they don't get it, they will threaten to move somewhere that will give it to them.  I mean, face it, in the last 5 years we have had the Chargers and Rams move, the Raiders in the process of moving, and the Jags threatening to do so.

18 hours ago, browns52 said:

he he he....me thinks i have heard what you said for 20 yrs now....he he he.....and if we are all still alive 20 yrs from now and somehow by some miracle this pos franchise is still in cleveland,  we will be saying the same thing...he he he...

You are correct. I have said this before... many times.

Makes the inability of some to grasp the concept even more of a mystery to me.

19 hours ago, browns52 said:

are you Shmucking kidding me....what you have said here is what has been going on for nearly 20 Shmucking yrs...i'm not even going to add up the w's and the l's from 1999 til present...and you can say that every yr...oooh oooh oooh...we are only a few calls away....you are what your record shows....go ask bill parcels....dude.....you have to win those only a few calls away games...it has not been happenin.......it ain't happenin....and guess what else...every other team in the nfl can say the same thing....

21 hours ago, browns52 said:

i have been saying this for yrs....finally some of the folks on this board are taking notice...who the Shmuck wants to pay what 9 bucks for shitty beer 5 bucks for a hotdog and watch this Sheet on the field...i can't figure this out...help me out...its one thing to be dedicated but it gets to a point where it becomss Shmucking stupidy to spend hard  money on a crappy product yr after yr....what do you think is going to happen, ...that one sunday the browns will just all of a sudden turn into the rams...good luck with that....

As dismayed as you are at those of us who chose to maintain our tickets I am confused by posters like you. You believe we are a hopeless POS franchise that will never change. You think watching the games or supporting in any way is stupid. Based on your commentary I have to ask why the fck you are here still posting?

For the record I have enjoyed the games I have attended this year. Part of that due to the competitive games and part of that due to the atmosphere in general. We have a lot of sh!t to fix but I've seen a lot of bright spots. I have seen cool stuff. So honestly if you think its hopeless why not leave us hopeful dumbasses alone LOL

3 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

As dismayed as you are at those of us who chose to maintain our tickets I am confused by posters like you. You believe we are a hopeless POS franchise that will never change. You think watching the games or supporting in any way is stupid. Based on your commentary I have to ask why the fck you are here still posting?

For the record I have enjoyed the games I have attended this year. Part of that due to the competitive games and part of that due to the atmosphere in general. We have a lot of sh!t to fix but I've seen a lot of bright spots. I have seen cool stuff. So honestly if you think its hopeless why not leave us hopeful dumbasses alone LOL

Couldn't have said it better myself .   I truly don't understand people like this.   

We've played 8 games.  6 of them have been damn entertaining.  Frustrating to lose them (or tie) when so close to having wins but at least they're competitive and fun to watch most weeks. 

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I'll only like the team if they're winning? Why bother posting? Heck, there's fans like this on every forum. Sometimes even winning isn't enough to keep the bitching down. Just ask our Steelers visitors who have "fans" who think Tomlin should be fired. 

too many years of the same sht. Baker looks shellshocked, we've seen this movie before. Complete redo coming next year or the year after, new QB and everything..etc, etc. At some point this has to stop. 20 years of the same sht. At some point we have to refuse to attend/watch these games at least for a little bit so that the ownership gets the message either you put out a respectable product or YOU SELL THE FUKKING TEAM TO SOMEONE WHO WILL. 

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

too many years of the same sht. Baker looks shellshocked, we've seen this movie before. Complete redo coming next year or the year after, new QB and everything..etc, etc. At some point this has to stop. 20 years of the same sht. At some point we have to refuse to attend/watch these games at least for a little bit so that the ownership gets the message either you put out a respectable product or YOU SELL THE FUKKING TEAM TO SOMEONE WHO WILL. 

Ok...you start.   You should stop watching and stop posting like a whiny little girl and maybe that will make a difference for the team.

12 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Ok...you start.   You should stop watching and stop posting like a whiny little girl and maybe that will make a difference for the team.

sure thing chief

I already said im waiting to see what happens this sunday, if they're competitive fine...but if they're throwing it in...yeah bye. I can find better things to do on sundays than watch return of the clownies. 

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

sure thing chief

I already said im waiting to see what happens this sunday, if they're competitive fine...but if they're throwing it in...yeah bye. I can find better things to do on sundays than watch return of the clownies. 

Why wait....you said WE need to do something and stop supporting the team.  Sounds like you're saying that we need to do something as long as you aren't the one who...you know...actually has to do anything.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Why wait....you said WE need to do something and stop supporting the team.  Sounds like you're saying that we need to do something as long as you aren't the one who...you know...actually has to do anything.

yes..."we" is kind of a given since one ngr stopping watching means nothing. Boycotts are kind of by definition involving multiple individuals.....you are aware of that right?

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

yes..."we" is kind of a given since one ngr stopping watching means nothing. Boycotts are kind of by definition involving multiple individuals.....you are aware of that right?

and has been explained to you.   Not showing up isn't going to cost him any money at all.   Season tickets have already been paid for so if someone like Hoorta or Roach (or any other season ticket holder) stays home, it would be a waste of their own money.   Im guessing you aren't a season ticket holder who has shelled out a couple grand for Browns tickets and are willing to stay home the rest of the way right?    Its typically the big talkers like you who suggest that fans should "boycott" who haven't spent a penny on tickets or anything else. 

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and trust me, if this sunday goes how I suspect it will......I don't care if all of you continue watching on sundays naked with bells tied to your coks. 

If it weren't a home game and I was watching at home instead of the stadium  I might just try this along with spurs and a cowboy hat  🤠

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

and has been explained to you.   Not showing up isn't going to cost him any money at all.   Season tickets have already been paid for so if someone like Hoorta or Roach (or any other season ticket holder) stays home, it would be a waste of their own money.   Im guessing you aren't a season ticket holder who has shelled out a couple grand for Browns tickets and are willing to stay home the rest of the way right?    Its typically the big talkers like you who suggest that fans should "boycott" who haven't spent a penny on tickets or anything else. 

As far as the ripoff concession prices- no one is putting a gun to your head to buy any. They're the same at any NFL venue, as we found out at Tampa Bay. It's also why Tailgating has gotten so big. At Steve's GNATS bash if you prepay you can have all you can eat and drink for less than the price of a beer and hot dog inside the stadium.  :)

For those accusing Jimmy of being cheap- he hasn't raised ticket prices in several years, and as a season ticket holder you get a card that gives you a significant discount on concessions. Loyalty does have it's rewards. I should add every year with our season tickets- you get a trinket as an expression of thanks. Sometimes its a team cap, or a scarf, flag, blanket, or some other such thing.  I know a Bengals season ticket holder, and Mike Brown gives them nothing extra. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

As far as the ripoff concession prices- no one is putting a gun to your head to buy any. They're the same at any NFL venue, as we found out at Tampa Bay. It's also why Tailgating has gotten so big. At Steve's GNATS bash if you prepay you can have all you can eat and drink for less than the price of a beer and hot dog inside the stadium.  :)

For those accusing Jimmy of being cheap- he hasn't raised ticket prices in several years, and as a season ticket holder you get a card that gives you a significant discount on concessions. Loyalty does have it's rewards. I should add every year with our season tickets- you get a trinket as an expression of thanks. Sometimes its a team cap, or a scarf, flag, blanket, or some other such thing.  I know a Bengals season ticket holder, and Mike Brown gives them nothing extra. 

This years coolers along with the collectible album thing were awesome. Last years ball caps and winter hats were awesome too 

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You are correct. I have said this before... many times.

Makes the inability of some to grasp the concept even more of a mystery to me.

i also know this....i fell in love with baker....it looks like to me he is the real deal here....however, he has a wasted yr behind him...a very valuable yr...it appears there will be more changes ahead...not good for any qb especially a rookie....i am going to give this franchise the benefit of the doubt this time....but if this somehow happens again, i hope baker refuses to play for this pos organization and goes somewhere eles...and i will follow the team he goes to if it would happen....lets hope it doesn't...so sick of this Sheet....

Archived