THE BROWNS BOARD

"WE" have to do our part and stop showing up at games....

Clevfan4life

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

ghoolie was right on this one, if we keep showing up at first energy this sht will not stop.....ever. We feed haslem his weekly gate, no change

Owners aren't making the bulk of their profits on home attendance any more at all.  I heard an entire sports radio show on it when I lived in Nashville..  They're getting it from the shared revenues of the massive TV contracts, which is why none of the owners are objecting to traveling way over to England to play games in lieu of another home game.  All these teams that have been beating Jimmy's franchise have also been sharing profits with Jimmy. 

Worth noting, Ghoolie wants Cleveland to lose this franchise so the best way to do such a thing is to give Jimmy a reason like nobody showing up to watch it.  And if you think the same NFL that laughs at us when they give us 5 apology letters in our first 7 games cares enough to keep the franchise here - think again!

I’m fine with showing up to games but bring the paper bags, signs and banners showing frustration. Call local sports talk radio and express displeasure.  Stay in the tailgate lot until the game starts.  Boycotting won’t hurt the wallet but bad press will be more annoying.

49 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

ghoolie was right on this one, if we keep showing up at first energy this sht will not stop.....ever. We feed haslem his weekly gate, no change

That is the perfect definition of a fan (fanatic) - stupid enough to believe that a team or player has special value to their well being.

Owners suck.  Players suck.  Fans are stupid.

I already got rid of my season tickets. I won’t give the Haslems another dime of my money

I won’t go to pilot or flying j either

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i have been saying this for yrs....finally some of the folks on this board are taking notice...who the Shmuck wants to pay what 9 bucks for shitty beer 5 bucks for a hotdog and watch this Sheet on the field...i can't figure this out...help me out...its one thing to be dedicated but it gets to a point where it becomss Shmucking stupidy to spend hard  money on a crappy product yr after yr....what do you think is going to happen, ...that one sunday the browns will just all of a sudden turn into the rams...good luck with that....

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

If you want to move the team to columbus...this is a great plan.

Bad football is better than No Football

Yup... nothing like planning to starve a franchise for money it needs to build...

I said that three years ago but everyone botched I’m not giving up my season tickets.  Season tickets to watch losers.  Yep real smart.  But let’s remember they brought in Dorsey and this is his third rebuild and they were all successful before this.  Soooo pump the brakes let’s see what they do tomorrow and Tuesday and that will tell if they have given up on the season.  I mean hell there only a few bad calls from being 5-2 0r 6-1

dorsey is the guy who traded carlos hyde to.force one of his coaches into a personnel decision. That is unacceptable i dont care what he's done in the past. I dont care if chub is a stud, we all knew it and wanted to see chubb play more. But u dont blow up the best RB room in the nfl midseason like that for just a fukking 5th rounder. Its the definition of dysfunction. 

rem haley is dirseys guy and he blatantly fukked with him

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

As Flugs said, the Browns could play to an empty stadium, and Haslam would still make money from the TV revenue. 

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I already got rid of my season tickets. I won’t give the Haslems another dime of my money

I won’t go to pilot or flying j either

Congrats, I'll bet you had cheap seats too....  If you feel you have better things to do with your money, God Bless ya. You're not hurting Jimmy one bit though.... 

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

I said that three years ago but everyone bitched I’m not giving up my season tickets.  Season tickets to watch losers.  Yep real smart.  But let’s remember they brought in Dorsey and this is his third rebuild and they were all successful before this.  Soooo pump the brakes let’s see what they do tomorrow and Tuesday and that will tell if they have given up on the season.  I mean hell there only a few bad calls from being 5-2 0r 6-1

So what about those dumb Cubs fans that kept buying tickets for 100 years of losing? Think I've been pretty clear about it. If you have 30+ years of seniority- you're not giving up your season tickets- regardless, unless.  Only reason would be if you're a millionaire and have the $40,000 or so disposable cash to buy back into the premium sections after you dump your tickets. So the math says- the losing proposition of dumping your seats means it would take you 20 years to break even if you wanted to buy back in. Seats between the 30s 100 level get handed down in wills- or they're corporate, and hate to tell you no one is giving those up regardless of how bad the team plays- for however long. 

Point 1)  The offensive line is what we feared....struggling at the tackle position.

Point 2)  WR is a bad luck position this year.  Coleman was supposed to turn a corner - nope.  Gordon remained screwed up in the head - gone too.  Higgins, who actually showed a little something - injured.  Willies, an undrafted guy flashed - injured in practice.  Ricardo Louis - IR all season.  

Point 3)  points 1 & 2 directly affect our  rookie #1 overall draft pick QB.  Defenses are NOT too worried about our receivers so they can attack our QB with extra man power.

Given points 1-3, today's outcome of the Steeler game is about what should've been expected.  -  Had we gotten 6 turnovers, like in the first game, perhaps this would've been a tie too.

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

I said that three years ago but everyone botched I’m not giving up my season tickets.  Season tickets to watch losers.  Yep real smart.  But let’s remember they brought in Dorsey and this is his third rebuild and they were all successful before this.  Soooo pump the brakes let’s see what they do tomorrow and Tuesday and that will tell if they have given up on the season.  I mean hell there only a few bad calls from being 5-2 0r 6-1

are you Shmucking kidding me....what you have said here is what has been going on for nearly 20 Shmucking yrs...i'm not even going to add up the w's and the l's from 1999 til present...and you can say that every yr...oooh oooh oooh...we are only a few calls away....you are what your record shows....go ask bill parcels....dude.....you have to win those only a few calls away games...it has not been happenin.......it ain't happenin....and guess what else...every other team in the nfl can say the same thing....

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

As Flugs said, the Browns could play to an empty stadium, and Haslam would still make money from the TV revenue. 

Congrats, I'll bet you had cheap seats too....  If you feel you have better things to do with your money, God Bless ya. You're not hurting Jimmy one bit though.... 

So what about those dumb Cubs fans that kept buying tickets for 100 years of losing? Think I've been pretty clear about it. If you have 30+ years of seniority- you're not giving up your season tickets- regardless, unless.  Only reason would be if you're a millionaire and have the $40,000 or so disposable cash to buy back into the premium sections after you dump your tickets. So the math says- the losing proposition of dumping your seats means it would take you 20 years to break even if you wanted to buy back in. Seats between the 30s 100 level get handed down in wills- or they're corporate, and hate to tell you no one is giving those up regardless of how bad the team plays- for however long. 

if i was handed cleveland browns season tickets in a will,  i would take those tickets and sell them and invest the money in apple....or amazon.......

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

dorsey is the guy who traded carlos hyde to.force one of his coaches into a personnel decision. That is unacceptable i dont care what he's done in the past. I dont care if chub is a stud, we all knew it and wanted to see chubb play more. But u dont blow up the best RB room in the nfl midseason like that for just a fukking 5th rounder. Its the definition of dysfunction. 

rem haley is dirseys guy and he blatantly fukked with him

You are making an assumption on why he was traded. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Was someone under the impression all would be fixed this year?

he he he....me thinks i have heard what you said for 20 yrs now....he he he.....and if we are all still alive 20 yrs from now and somehow by some miracle this pos franchise is still in cleveland,  we will be saying the same thing...he he he...

21 minutes ago, browns52 said:

if i was handed cleveland browns season tickets in a will,  i would take those tickets and sell them and invest the money in apple....or amazon.......

Must not care much for the gameday experience. Pretty sure you'll change your tune when the Browns start winning on a regular basis....  You'll always be able to buy good seats at 3X face value. Knock yourself out.   

Archived