THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

But what’s the change in scheme that solves it?  I think it’s easy to say make adjustments but what on earth are those?  If I thought there was an answer I’d be with  you but there best blocking back was Hyde.  The TEs that can block are basically useless in most other facets of the game and if you go one dimensional you’ll get nowhere.  I can’t believe an NFL GM thought Harrison was the answer at LT

Not trying to be a jerk but theres literally dozens of options that involve scheme. Slide protections, TE overloads, max protect schemes,  wide angles, bunch WR inside and that's just off the top of my head. Its hubris not to move to something else when it obviously isnt working.

Blocking TE may be useless but letting dudes run unblocked at your QB is way, way worse.

35 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

lmao...thats sorta what Landry specialized in for several seasons in miami.  For better and mostlyworse, thats what he is/does

On the outside ?? Don’t think so. He’s an over the middle possession guy like I said all off season. 

No team is scared of Jarvis Landry. 

37 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Hopefully Haslam fires him when they come in the locker room.  This gives us time to regroup and start looking for a new coach behind the scenes.

They better have been looking since week 1

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

On the outside ?? Don’t think so. He’s an over the middle possession guy like I said all off season. 

no look at the tape.  He must have caught 35 bubble type screens last year in miami.  And of course you are right about no team being scared of landry, but the last 4 games has been pretty much exactly the reciever he was in Miami last year.  Short ineffiicient not very productive catches

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Yeah, he’s not going to get deep. He’s a 100 catch 11 yards a catch guy. Which is good but not scary 

49 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The Kool aid flavor is swill. And kinda tepid. The players don’t seem to care much for it. 

you know what...i'm going to enjoy watching the chiefs next weekend...Shmuck this team....not going to root for the chiefs but they are going to kick the ever livin Shmucking Sheet out of the clowns....the chiefs are a fun and really good team...this kind of reminds me of the atlanta hawks of yrs past...they were and i guess they still are horrible...the fans went to the home games only to watch the other team and their stars.....that's the way i will watch next week.....

Just now, Browns149 said:

Yeah, he’s not going to get deep. He’s a 100 catch 11 yards a catch guy. Which is good but not scary 

Shmucking landry is not a top notch receiver...he is a second or maybe even a third option wr....and right now we have him as our best receiver...phwaaaaap....poor baker....ayeeeeee...

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Well at least the Giants with a stellar receiver and a stellar RB and a very experienced QB are even more miserable on offense than we. But of course they also have an Ex-Browns HC so there's that.

you are correcto mundo....piece of Sheet head coach....i can't believe they hired shurmur....must be slim ipickens out there....

1 minute ago, browns52 said:

Shmucking landry is not a top notch receiver...he is a second or maybe even a third option wr....and right now we have him as our best receiver...phwaaaaap....poor baker....ayeeeeee...

If he was a baseball player, he'd be a guy who can hit around .300 but almost exclusively singles. Little to no extra base power.

Useful, but not in any way a difference-maker. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If he was a baseball player, he'd be a guy who can hit around .300 but almost exclusively singles. Little to no extra base power.

He talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk

Just now, 7moses7 said:

He talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk

A big problem is he needs someone who can open things up deeper so the underneath is open for him.

Defenses now just dare the Browns to throw downfield. They aren't worried about it happening, and they shouldn't. 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

didnt you say that last week :)

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

A big problem is he needs someone who can open things up deeper so the underneath is open for him.

Defenses now just dare the Browns to throw downfield. They aren't worried about it happening, and they shouldn't. 

Very true. And we didn't really have time to throw deep today anyway, so that didn't help. It's been some time since I didn't feel like our offense had a chance to move the ball. We had no answer to their rush, and it was very disheartening. 

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Very true. And we didn't really have time to throw deep today anyway, so that didn't help. It's been some time since I didn't feel like our offense had a chance to move the ball. We had no answer to their rush, and it was very disheartening. 

The tackles seem to lock onto one guy and never even acknowledge an outside blitzer. The announcers kept talking about how the Steelers LBs were going around the edge untouched. 

I could have told you all that without the actual numbers.

Which is why that screen off the PA to Chubb on 2nd and 10 caught me off guard in the first couple drives.  It was a complete tendency breaker.  

I believe Haley can script a decent opening to his games.  But once he has to go into calling plays as the flow of the game goes on, he just seems to go off the rails.  

Archived