THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!   Our 2-4-1 Cleveland Browns play their second consecutive road game as they play the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first AFC North divisional rematch of the season.  Both teams ended with a 21-21 tie back on Week One. Browns seek to defeat the Steelers for the first time at Pittsburgh for the first time in more than 15 years, last  winning 33-13 at Heinz Field back on October 5, 2003.

My condolances, thoughts, sympathy, and prayers to the 11 people who suffered from the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting on Saturday, and likely will be mentioned before kickoff and in light prior to the Browns/Steelersgame

Kickoff from Heinz Field is by 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time. NO injuries, I'm sure both teams will focused, and the fans will be entertained for three hours on Sunday afternoon, but I still want Baker Mayfield and the Browns to avenge their earlier tie, and dominate the Steelers for the first time in the 'Burgh in 15 years. 

HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES,  HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!!!!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you didn't change your clock to Winter time today, that takes away some countries...

We didn't know who the Browns were in week one but now we know their identity.  The Steelers were stuck in the preseason but they have finally woken up and are looking like the Steelers again.  PIT is favored by maybe 8.5 points.  I expect PIT to win but I'm always wrong about predictions. CLE 23  PIT 27.  I guarantee you that I'm wrong.

I've been wrong many times too, not so much about winning and losing, but about the score. I didn't think we'd beat the Ravens and we did. So maybe that means we beat the Steelers? A fan can hope. 

This game has a very different feel to it. There's dysfunction in our locker room, whether it's real or perceived, and I'm not so sure our coaching staff will survive another terrible loss. We're razor thin in our secondary, and we're playing the freaking Steelers. That's...not good. Baker gets sacked more than anyone else, and the Steelers sack the QB just about more than anyone else. 

If we're going to win, we need the magical game. We need the busted coverage TD or the strip-sack fumble TD, and then a bunch of other unlikely events have to happen. We're playing a better team on the road, there really isn't any shame if we do happen to lose. But at some point we HAVE to figure out a way to get a road win, in the division. We're beat up, we've got problems galore, and our backs are against the wall. Let's change our season's ENTIRE narrative by winning and winning big. Just stomp a mud hole in their azzes and walk it dry all day long. 

Steeler Inactives are out...

Pittsburgh Steelers Injuries
Brian Allen CB Inactive  
Marcus Allen DB Inactive  
Zach Banner OT Inactive  
Marcus Gilbert OT Inactive  
Mason Rudolph QB Inactive  
L.T. Walton DE Inactive  
James Washington WR Inactive

And now the Browns'...

Cleveland Browns Injuries
Carl Davis DT Inactive  
E.J. Gaines DB Inactive  
Rashard Higgins WR Inactive  
Joe Schobert MLB Inactive  
Da'Mari Scott WR Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive

8 minutes ago, huewatch2018 said:

The Browns fan in me wants a win.
The betting man in me is realistic.

You were on the Tavern a few weeks ago openly rooting for the Ravens to beat the Browns.

Hell of a "Browns fan" you are. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Whatever, troll. 

A few of those around here lately......and SO obvious but everybody needs a hobby I guess. "I'm a low life troll in my spare time".  :lol:

Meanwhile GO BROWNS, +9.5 naturally.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And now the Browns'...

Carl Davis DT Inactive  
E.J. Gaines DB Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive

I saw Scott went down with some random injury. I was really looking forward to seeing him too. 

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And now the Browns'...

Carl Davis DT Inactive  
E.J. Gaines DB Inactive  
Drew Stanton QB Inactive

Add TE Pharaoh Brown per Scott Petrak as 7th inactive..EDit---Da'mari Scott is a shoulder injury, WR-Blake Jackson sits on PS

35 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Steeler Inactives are out...

Pittsburgh Steelers Injuries

Brian Allen CB Inactive  
Marcus Allen DB Inactive  
Zach Banner OT Inactive  
Marcus Gilbert OT Inactive  
Mason Rudolph QB Inactive  
L.T. Walton DE Inactive  
James Washington WR Inactive

Who is their backup qb

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Is that your sole reason for being here? You don't like Hue. Got it. Try something else....  

Mr. Moderator...

May I suggest a time out?

2 minutes ago, GuNNerGatSKi said:

I'm too excited for my pregame nap. Making 5 cheese Texas toast with pepperoni and extra mozzarella and pepper jack cheese for my pregame snack.  Need the energy to yell and scream 😁

My I suggest some whiskey or tequila  shots instead.

Archived