THE BROWNS BOARD

how the hell is this play from last night not "roughing the passer"?

Clevfan4life

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1055638122631880707?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1055638122631880707&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftouchdownwire.usatoday.com%2F2018%2F10%2F25%2Ftd-or-no-td-that-was-the-question-for-houston-texans%2F

is it only roughing the passer when you're part of the front7? Dead serious question cause this dude speared osweiler and landed "RIGHT" ontop of him. Did they not call it cause he's a secondary player? what the F is going on with this league? That fukking call right there cost us huge against Pgh when Myles did a whole hell of a lot less to Ben than that dude did right there to Os. 

This is precisely the problem in how inconsistently it's being called.   That doesn't get called last night.  The one on Garrett and the couple on Clay Matthews do get called.   Mahomes is running out of bounds and gets pushed from behind, he doesn't even fall down, and roughing is called on that.  

There's no consistency from one game to the next and that makes it frustrating to watch.

34 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1055638122631880707?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1055638122631880707&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftouchdownwire.usatoday.com%2F2018%2F10%2F25%2Ftd-or-no-td-that-was-the-question-for-houston-texans%2F

is it only roughing the passer when you're part of the front7? Dead serious question cause this dude speared osweiler and landed "RIGHT" ontop of him. Did they not call it cause he's a secondary player? what the F is going on with this league? That fukking call right there cost us huge against Pgh when Myles did a whole hell of a lot less to Ben than that dude did right there to Os. 

Exactly- that was the definition of landing on the qb.  

27 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

get we get a hockey team in this fukking city? Im dead serious this sht is on my last nerve. This game is dying out. Soon it's gonna be moderated flag and we'll seechicks playing. Im not kidding. 

Actually they've had hockey and various other sports they will have a tough enough time holding on to the NBA (without becoming a perpetual loser), MLB seems good now, NFL would be nice if the BROWNS can get over .500.

Tackle football at all levels will be a challenge in coming years and decades. But having professional sports teams is important for the city and region and should be kept at all costs.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Im dead serious this sht is on my last nerve.

Then start looking objectively and quit getting yourself riled up about nothing.

The hit was a gorgeous, shoulder-pad to the chest, head-to-the-side blow at speed.

The initial wrap was released on the way down.

And last, but not least...

The tackler lands on Brock at a near 90 deg angle. No way that can approach "full weight".

636970470_Screenshot_2018-10-26TheCheckdownonTwitter.png.a2411a88f28ef56b0846349736110890.png

Seriously... chill some... breath deep... exhale. I'd miss your posts if you stroked out...

BTW.... the review call was shite. Brock was clearly trying to tuck the ball... and there is no "tuck rule" no mo'...

It was a strip-sack fumble/scoop'n'score that this Texans' D, FFL owner needed...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Then start looking objectively and quit getting yourself riled up about nothing.

The hit was a gorgeous, shoulder-pad to the chest, head-to-the-side blow at speed.

The initial wrap was released on the way down.

And last, but not least...

The tackler lands on Brock at a near 90 deg angle. No way that can approach "full weight".

636970470_Screenshot_2018-10-26TheCheckdownonTwitter.png.a2411a88f28ef56b0846349736110890.png

Seriously... chill some... breath deep... exhale. I'd miss your posts if you stroked out...

BTW.... the review call was shite. Brock was clearly trying to tuck the ball... and there is no "tuck rule" no mo'...

It was a strip-sack fumble/scoop'n'score that this Texans' D, FFL owner needed...

first, that isn't 90 degrees mate...second, that still is taken a split second after the intitial landing. He's already sliding off to the side. Look, im all with you on a gorgeous hit...but you can't tell me that Clay's or Myles hits are any worse than this. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

you can't tell me that Clay's or Myles hits are any worse than this. 

Clay's hit was worse...

Myles'??? Not much worse...

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

wtf dude you said you were o,k with the hit Mayfield took to the head and you bitch about that non call ? i mean damn that hit could have broken both of their necks

my only guess is that you are a baker hater

that or you are brain damaged 

quit this 4yk7.gif    get back to this 5guK.gif                                Brock 16M & the draft rights to RB Nick Chubb..thanks Houston

14 hours ago, ATOM said:

wtf dude you said you were o,k with the hit Mayfield took to the head and you bitch about that non call ? i mean damn that hit could have broken both of their necks

my only guess is that you are a baker hater

that or you are brain damaged 

no dude i have zero issuevwith that hit on osweiler, im just comparing it to other hits that HAVE been flagged. Its the inconsistency i have major issue with, its fukking with def players.

look, the hit on baker i have no issue with in theory because baker was acting like a runner and then srarted to slide only after the def player made his move. Had he not slid he would have been hit in the pads. I dont want qb's coddled that hard. Its not good for the game. But it irritates me that qb's we face fet coddled. So if ur gonna flag myles for carressing ben to the ground.....then i do want that flag on the baker hit...

have i made myself clr now?

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

look, the hit on baker i have no issue with in theory because baker was acting like a runner and then srarted to slide only after the def player made his move. Had he not slid he would have been hit in the pads. I dont want qb's coddled that hard. Its not good for the game. But it irritates me that qb's we face fet coddled. So if ur gonna flag myles for carressing ben to the ground.....then i do want that flag on the baker hit...

have i made myself clr now?

Old man Ben tipping over and hitting the ground like the leaning tower of Pisa and young Baker springing up after taking a shot to the dome, are two very different things.

All I have to say about the Baker targeting play, he DID slide late(see Joe Flacco late slide), but the defender should’ve pulled off... they need to change targeting to make it reviewable like in College FB. 

11 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Old man Ben tipping over and hitting the ground like the leaning tower of Pisa and young Baker springing up after taking a shot to the dome, are two very different things.

All I have to say about the Baker targeting play, he DID slide late(see Joe Flacco late slide), but the defender should’ve pulled off, they need to change targeting to make it reviewable like in College FB. 

Drama Queen BR would probably milk a situation like he was some kind of soccer player preening pansy.  BM would not.   He has not learned how to be a faker...yet.  Maybe it will come someday.

Archived