THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns on primetime t.v

ATOM

Great.  Another game I don't get to watch even though I pay a metric sht-load of money for the Sunday Ticket.  

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

Great.  Another game I don't get to watch even though I pay a metric sht-load of money for the Sunday Ticket.  

You don't get NFLN? It just might be on your local TV, though too early to say about that.....   

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You don't get NFLN? It just might be on your local TV, though too early to say about that.....   

I cut the cable cord a couple of years ago, but Direct TV lets me purchase the Sunday Ticket via streaming only. I don't think I can stream NFL Network without a login to a cable company.

35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Other NFLNetwork games involving the Browns have been broadcast over a network here.    Not sure which one.  I don't get the NFLN either.

39 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I cut the cable cord a couple of years ago, but Direct TV lets me purchase the Sunday Ticket via streaming only. I don't think I can stream NFL Network without a login to a cable company.

Don't know if this will help,but it's worth a shot...  http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/main/network/watch

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is that a Saturday game?

:)  Already said it sure is Gip.   

CLE @ DNV? I'd put the O/U around 11... and take the under.

Saturday afternoon is not ready for primetime...

... but I think the odds are decent that we get flex scheduled into a SNF game.

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

CLE @ DNV? I'd put the O/U around 11... and take the under.

Saturday afternoon is not ready for primetime...

... but I think the odds are decent that we get flex scheduled into a SNF game.

8;20 p.m not exactly afternoon texans and jets are the afternoon game kick off at 4;30

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Because it's a Saturday game...   

Hey Larry,

remember when Christmas meant Browns in the playoffs?

I am sort of a conspiracy theorist but usually late season prime time game it just so happens always involves playoff implications not saying they will make a run but maybe a winning season but maybe this means the league is finally going to stop Shmucking the browns 

WEEKS 15 and 16 SATURDAY GAMES -  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-finalizes-saturday-schedule-for-2018-find-out-which-teams-have-been-flexed/

.....Although there won't be any Saturday games played until Weeks 15 and 16, we now know the teams that will be playing on Saturday this year. The games will kick off in Week 15 with the following schedule on Dec. 15: 

• Texans at Jets, 4:30 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
  • Browns at Broncos, 8:20 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

When the NFL schedule came out, all four of those teams were scheduled to play on Saturday in Week 15, but the league didn't announce the kickoff times for those two games until Wednesday. The new schedule means that America will now get to see the Browns play in primetime for the second time this season. 

As for Week 16, this is where the actual flexing happened. The NFL had to pick two games to be played on Saturday in Week 16 (Dec. 22) and here's what they decided on: 

• Redskins at Titans, 4:30 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
  • Ravens at Chargers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

Just curious is this the full circle on the 0-16 BROWNS, HARD KNOCKS BROWNS for the 2018 season.

The BROWNS have got a lot of attention this season.......just sayin'.

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Just curious is this the full circle on the 0-16 BROWNS, HARD KNOCKS BROWNS for the 2018 season.

The BROWNS have got a lot of attention this season.......just sayin'.

The Browns have always got a lot of attention. THe media has a love-hate relationship with Cleveland. Back in the 70's and before, the Browns were really one of the few teams that entertainers would mention on TV....Martin Mull, Jerry Lawler,, the team always brought out stories about how blue collar the fans and team are.  If you are able to find reviews from drafts gone by, you will see that in general the media pimps the Browns with " this could be the year" stories. I am not saying the media is enamored with the browns, but the team has always been a great topic for news and personal interest stories.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

The Browns have always got a lot of attention. THe media has a love-hate relationship with Cleveland. Back in the 70's and before, the Browns were really one of the few teams that entertainers would mention on TV....Martin Mull, Jerry Lawler,, the team always brought out stories about how blue collar the fans and team are.  If you are able to find reviews from drafts gone by, you will see that in general the media pimps the Browns with " this could be the year" stories. I am not saying the media is enamored with the browns, but the team has always been a great topic for news and personal interest stories.

I know, I'm older than you junior. ;)

Next we will.be arguing who has the worst health issues. I jope.yours, like mine, are irritations and not ones of challenge. Knock on wood.

18 hours ago, ATOM said:

according andrew gribble week 15 vs denver will be the 2nd game of a double header on the nfl network

Why ?

I'm trying  to get my brother in Estes Park to go with his son (the nephew who took me to the Broncos/KC game).

I'm glad I get to see it, but this may be a killer for Baker with both Miller and Chubb/Ray after him every play. Garrett will also have a big day. Their OL is about like ours-not great.

On 10/24/2018 at 1:46 PM, ATOM said:

according andrew gribble week 15 vs denver will be the 2nd game of a double header on the nfl network

Why ?

• Texans at Jets, 4:30 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
  • Browns at Broncos, 8:20 p.m. ET (NFL Network)  <----  home team later time zone

As for Week 16, this is where the actual flexing happened. The NFL had to pick two games to be played on Saturday in Week 16 (Dec. 22) and here's what they decided on: 

• Ravens at Chargers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NFL Network)  <---- again home team later time zone

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:
  • Texans at Jets, 4:30 p.m. ET (NFL Network)
  • Browns at Broncos, 8:20 p.m. ET (NFL Network)  <----  home team later time zone

• Ravens at Chargers, 8:20 p.m. ET (NFL Network)  <---- again home team later time zone

Actually it is an earlier time zone in terms of time o'clock. Denver game will be @ 6:20 pm Denver time.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually it is an earlier time zone in terms of time o'clock. Denver game will be @ 6:20 pm Denver time.

But you want to put them and the Chargers later for their fans rather than the other way around.

Most all late games, especially college games in the PT are the late games.

Archived