THE BROWNS BOARD

Ex Buckeye Eli Apple traded from NYG

LondonBrown

Yesterday Shefter was predicting a hectic pace as the trade deadline (Oct 30) approaches. Appears he may be right for a change.

10 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Wonder if Dorsey will make any moves?

You have to believe hes looking at all options...

10 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Wonder if Dorsey will make any moves?

So far he seems to be full of surprises so we wait and see!

No doubt Dorsey is spending a great deal of time on his phone... as is Highsmith... as is Wolf...

But I don't see a "headline" trade happening since Dorsey seems to have made it clear that he's not parting with his most valuable draft capital.

A lesser trade? Something along the lines of a Kizer-Randall deal? Sure...

Taylor is our best bait... Jags are most in need of a season-saving QB... here is their draft class...

• Round1·  Pick 29 (29) Taven Bryan DT Florida
  • Round2· Pick 29 (61) D.j. Chark WR LSU
  • Round3· Pick 29 (93)  Ronnie Harrison S Alabama
  • Round4·  Pick 29 (129) Will Richardson  OT N.C. State

I really liked Chark coming out of WR-U... or is LSU DB-U? Anyway... Chark is 6'3, 199# and ran a 4.34...

Richardson would be a nice throw in... raw, but talented kid who played RT very well at the college level.

17 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Almost certainly, even before this trade the Saints didn't have 1st or 3rd round pick in the 2019 draft

Agreed, I think the guy who wrote this article is smoking crack...   https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/23/new-orleans-saints-trade-eli-apple-teddy-bridgewater-marcus-davenport/

Unless the Saints feel Bridgwater is the heir apparent to Brees, it will cost them their second in 2019 (leaving that draft cupboard essentialy bare) and probably the 2020 first to pry Peterson away from the Cardinals...   

20 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Sucks because Eli was a DB I would have been quite interested in. 

I know, me too.  The move would’ve made a ton of sense for us to do, and I don’t even mind the price, ya know?  Hopefully we’ve got some moves coming up, in fact, I’d almost bet on it. 

Archived