THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump Chooses Science Over the Biology Deniers:

OldBrownsFan

10 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Relative intelligence aside, you are side-stepping the meat of his argument.

For example, I was born in 1986, but why am I not 65 instead of 32 years old? I can claim that I'm 65 years old, and - with every fiber of my being- subjectively "feel" like I'm genuinely 65 years old, but the objective facts are that i'm 32 years old because my biological being was born 32 years ago.

The same principle can be applied to gender and biological sex; they aren't two completely separate entities. Bruce Jenner may personally believe that he feels like a woman and has even had surgery to configure his physiology to resemble that of a woman's, but it is just a facsimile of a woman's body, not the real thing. At the end of the day, he's still a man who's pretending to be a woman; much like Chaz Bono is a woman pretending to be a man. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be respected as human beings and be denied the rights that all human being are entitled to, but humoring their respective delusions just to placate their feelings doesn't sync with objective reality.

Exactly.

WSS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/caitlyn-jenner-donald-trump-transgender-lgbtq/2018/10/25/id/888008/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM7498_10262018&s=acs&dkt_nbr=01010461xd48

He/she has every right to be angry because Trump made it clear when he was running he would support the LGBTQ community. But then he is King Liar, so there's that.

The ignorance on this board never ceases to amaze me. If you have ever known a real transgender person, then you should be aware they always thought they were the other gender trapped in the wrong body. From very early age they were aware of it. They did not just suddenly decide to be the opposite sex of their birth. But your president is also an ignoramus, so it does not surprise me at all he uses that for his own political gain with ignorant followers.

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/caitlyn-jenner-donald-trump-transgender-lgbtq/2018/10/25/id/888008/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM7498_10262018&s=acs&dkt_nbr=01010461xd48

He/she has every right to be angry because Trump made it clear when he was running he would support the LGBTQ community. But then he is King Liar, so there's that.

The ignorance on this board never ceases to amaze me. If you have ever known a real transgender person, then you should be aware they always thought they were the other gender trapped in the wrong body. From very early age they were aware of it. They did not just suddenly decide to be the opposite sex of their birth. But your president is also an ignoramus, so it does not surprise me at all he uses that for his own political gain with ignorant followers.

Spoken like the true liberal you always deny you are. I did have a family member who felt they were "trapped" in the wrong body and love and counseling brought her around to where today she is a  happily married woman with a good husband and two children.

As a counselor you know that our emotions are shaped by our thoughts. So many problems today are due to wrong thinking. Children today growing up not only need love but discipline and guidance. There are some parents today basically telling impressionable young children to figure it out themselves what sex they are. 

24 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Spoken like the true liberal you always deny you are. I did have a family member who felt they were "trapped" in the wrong body and love and counseling brought her around to where today she is a  happily married woman with a good husband and two children.

As a counselor you know that our emotions are shaped by our thoughts. So many problems today are due to wrong thinking. Children today growing up not only need love but discipline and guidance. There are some parents today basically telling impressionable young children to figure it out themselves what sex they are. 

Coming from the guy that probably thinks Christian "pray the gay away" camps are a good idea... I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt

20 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

No, spoken like the well trained counselor that I am who has dealt with transgender people. It may surprise you how many were veterans since my career was in the VA. And I too have a family member who is transgender, married with children. I never judged them nor did I try to "fix" them. If they wanted that I sent them to counselors who worked with them whatever they decided.

59 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sheesh.

Nobody is denying these folks to feel how they feel or even how they identify themselves.  The argument is that just because they suffer from gender identity crisis that everybody else has to change the biological terminology of a boy is a boy etc...

its ridiculous and being compassionate is great but don't make it out to be normal.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No, spoken like the well trained counselor that I am who has dealt with transgender people. It may surprise you how many were veterans since my career was in the VA. And I too have a family member who is transgender, married with children. I never judged them nor did I try to "fix" them. If they wanted that I sent them to counselors who worked with them whatever they decided.

What I meant about being a liberal Tex was your comment about ignorant Trump voters. You can disagree with millions of people who support Trump but that doesn't make them ignorant and it sounds like Hillary Clinton saying Trump supporters were a basket of deplorables.

No person can really be helped unless they want to be helped. I have had years of experience myself in working with people and for me the answer is never to push anything on anyone but to be open about my own beliefs and be ready to help those who want it.  My way does focus on the bible but it is never pushed or forced on anyone but presented to those who want to hear more about a gospel message that does change lives. 

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What I meant about being a liberal Tex was your comment about ignorant Trump voters. You can disagree with millions of people who support Trump but that doesn't make them ignorant and it sounds like Hillary Clinton saying Trump supporters were a basket of deplorables.

No person can really be helped unless they want to be helped. I have had years of experience myself in working with people and for me the answer is never to push anything on anyone but to be open about my own beliefs and be ready to help those who want it.  My way does focus on the bible but it is never pushed or forced on anyone but presented to those who want to hear more about a gospel message that does change lives. 

Did I say all Trump voters are ignorant? No, I said he appeals to his ignorant followers. Now if you want to count yourself as one of the ignorant followers, then be my guest.:D

what a sad mexican hat dance. "ignorant followers" are the ones who vote for him. Tex, your hate blather isn't making sense, and you have absolutely nothing so far, to justify your warped feelings against Pres Trump.

Unless you are mexican, and you want 14000 illegals to flood our border and help them take over the sw of America. That is one explanation I can figure that might explain your bs.

you have been hysterically emoting - it's all fake news.

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Did I say all Trump voters are ignorant? No, I said he appeals to his ignorant followers. Now if you want to count yourself as one of the ignorant followers, then be my guest.:D

I was a big Cruz supporter in 16 and had some hard feelings at Trump with how he ran his campaign. I got over it. I agree that Trump seems to be narcissistic but I am surprised that you as a counselor didn't see the same narcissist traits in Obama. Why didn't Obama's narcissism concern you like Trump's does?  Ben Shapiro a former never Trumper and now sometimes Trumper put it best when he said with Trump pay more attention to what he does than what he says. If you look at what he has done he has had major accomplishments in two years even with the MSM constantly running negative stories and the fake Mueller investigation on his heels. I am thankful every day that Trump is president and not Hillary Clinton.

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I was a big Cruz supporter in 16 and had some hard feelings at Trump with how he ran his campaign. I got over it. I agree that Trump seems to be narcissistic but I am surprised that you as a counselor didn't see the same narcissist traits in Obama. Why didn't Obama's narcissism concern you like Trump's does?  Ben Shapiro a former never Trumper and now sometimes Trumper put it best when he said with Trump pay more attention to what he does than what he says. If you look at what he has done he has had major accomplishments in two years even with the MSM constantly running negative stories and the fake Mueller investigation on his heels. I am thankful every day that Trump is president and not Hillary Clinton.

A lot of us now Thank God often that Pres Trump is our Real American president.

23 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There is a major difference in a Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Traits. You can find it in the DSM-5 if you like. It takes more than just traits to become classified as a disorder. 

BTW-"fake Mueller investigation"-................................"A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth " the other JG

King Liar has repeated that mantra so many times that it has now become the truth for Trumpettes, even in the face of so many convictions already.

Tex, are you a Medical Doctor in Psychiatry? if not, I don't see how you can make such a diagnosis.  Even if you were, without actually interviewing him in person it would not be possible.

Psychiatrists and other mental health professionals have been asked many times times since Donald Trump began running for president to diagnose him with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. However, thanks to the Goldwater Rule, it is unethical for a psychiatrist or psychotherapist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has seen the patient and has been granted authorization for such a statement. Still, therapists and shrinks offer their opinions: Psychologist John Gartner writes, “Donald Trump’s malignant narcissism is toxic,” despite the fact that many who have broken the Goldwater Rule in the past have not only been reprimanded but kicked out of the APA.

And although I’m not going to diagnose him, I’ll give you some good reasons why many therapists would not give Trump a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or NPD.

First of all, let’s define NPD: According to DSM 5, the newest “bible” that defines and classifies mental disorders, in order to qualify for a diagnosis of NPD, the following criteria must be met:

1. Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance

2. Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it

3. Exaggerating achievements and talents

4. Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

5. Believing that you one is superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people

6. Requiring constant admiration

7. Having a sense of entitlement

8. Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations

9. Taking advantage of others to get what you want

10. Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

11. Being envious of others and believing others envy you

12. Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Apart from the Goldwater Rule, here’s why I make the statement that many therapists deny that Trump has a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (I’m not denying his extreme narcissism. I just see why most therapists would not make the official diagnosis.)

• Not having examined Trump, most therapists would have no idea about 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, or 11, since knowledge of them would require reading his mind or getting him to admit those traits, which he hasn’t yet, publicly.

• Criterion number two is the key: “Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it.” Many therapists would say that Trump DOES have commensurate achievements. I’m not saying I admire the guy, but let’s stick to the textbooks when we start diagnosing. He has achieved possibly the highest of all achievements, becoming elected Leader of the Free World. So some would say he has a right to feel superior.

• Trump appears to suffer no distress from his “disorder,” so who are we to define him as mentally ill? I’m certainly not going to say he “suffers” from NPD, if, in fact, he seems to enjoy his arrogance. That’s one of the golden rules of diagnosing personality disorders, according to the DSM: “The enduring pattern leads to clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.” Trump does not appear to be “suffering” from NPD at all. Whether you like him or not, he seems to be doing pretty well.

The idea of diagnosing public figures — especially public figures you hate — can be appealing, but doing so is akin to diagnosing someone with a cough with pneumonia, sight unseen.

I’m going to repeat my premise again: “There are some therapists who wouldn’t diagnose Trump with NPD,” nothing more, nothing less. As support for that statement, I offer this final statement:

Now I want you to understand that that statement is not proof that Trump does npt have NPD. It is merely one of many examples of indisputable evidence for my statement, “many therapists would not give Trump a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or NPD.” I’m not even saying I agree with it.

It is what it is. It’s not an apology. What you might see as an “apology” for Trump is, in reality, a plea for exactitude of language and semantics.

If you don’t believe that winning the most important job in in the world is a “commensurate achievement,” then I’d like to know what is. Think about it. What WOULD be a commensurate achievement?

Yes, he is a mythomaniac, but that’s not a diagnosis. Yes, he is incredibly dishonest. I believe he is a menace, a liar, a misogynist, and a crook. None of those are diagnoses. But his achievements ARE commensurate, to a certain extent, with with his ideas of himself.

Even if you hate Trump and believe he is the New Hitler, allow yourself one iota of open-mindedness and at least admit that he is an evil man who has accomplished incredible things. That is indisputable.

Once again, I’m not “finding excuses” for Trump. If you can’t see any logic in my premise, I would contend that your hatred of him is an excuse for distorted dichotomous thinking. When I say, “many therapists would not give Trump a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or NPD,” I think that’s a pretty safe statement.

Donald Trump may be many things, But many very competent therapists would agree that Donald Trump does not warrant a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

26 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

There is a major difference in a Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Traits. You can find it in the DSM-5 if you like. It takes more than just traits to become classified as a disorder. 

BTW-"fake Mueller investigation"-................................"A lie told once remains a lie but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth " the other JG

King Liar has repeated that mantra so many times that it has now become the truth for Trumpettes, even in the face of so many convictions already.

The Mueller investigation will eventually have to come to an end and then we will find out if there was any collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. I think you are going to be disappointed but don't worry if the dems take control of the House Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters will surely find something to impeach him over. 

All those "convictions' had nothing to do with the Trump campaign and collusion with Russia. Zero. Manafort was convicted of charges a dozen years ago. Flynn was railroaded over alleged lying to the FBI (when the original FBI team who interviewed him stated they thought he never intentionally tried to lie). This whole thing from the FBI sham investigation of Hillary Clinton to the insurance policy of trying to take down Trump if he was elected is the real scandal and abuse of power here but you are so blinded with Trump hate you can't see the forest through the trees.

Narcissism in Oval Office Began With Obama, Not Trump

https://www.newsmax.com/jamesagagliano/moynihan-presidency-psychology/2017/07/25/id/803698/

5 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Translation: We as a family brow beat this girl with legendary suffering at the hands of Beelzebub if she didn't relent and accept what we were telling her..and we'd disown her. 

Guaranteed the woman still feels the same way, she's just playing along so she can have a peaceful life. That's how most of those "conversions" turn out.

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Translation: We as a family brow beat this girl with legendary suffering at the hands of Beelzebub if she didn't relent and accept what we were telling her..and we'd disown her. 

Guaranteed the woman still feels the same way, she's just playing along so she can have a peaceful life. That's how most of those "conversions" turn out.

What took me by surprise was she was such an attractive young woman to hate her own sex. All we did was try to get her to see that and accept herself as God made her. Love and kindness, no browbeating. 

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Image result for Carrie  horror flick in the closet pics

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What took me by surprise was she was such an attractive young woman to hate her own sex. All we did was try to get her to see that and accept herself as God made her. Love and kindness, no browbeating. 

I want to be clear I am NOT making an accustation here against your family, because ofc I can't......just throwing out there that in "some" instances, occurrences like this can come about because of a sexual assault. Possibly from a family member. 

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I want to be clear I am NOT making an accustation here against your family, because ofc I can't......just throwing out there that in "some" instances, occurrences like this can come about because of a sexual assault. Possibly from a family member. 

I don't think that was the case here...at least she never told me anything like that. She just told me she hated being born female and I was stunned because she was a very pretty girl. I'm a big believer to change behavior you have to change thoughts and what we worked on was changing her thoughts and self image to see herself as she was created and acceptance of it. 

did it ever occur to you listening to her, that there might be something to the whole concept of past lives? The very thing you described has been talked about since long before the old testament even. What people also don't want to acknowledge but modern science understands more of now, is that sex of the baby is determined by certain chemicals. We ingest multitudes of synthetic chemicals anymore in all the products we consume. That's why there's such an abundance of male pattern breast tissue, it's the chemicals that make men sensitive to estrogen production because they block the receptor sites for testosterone and dht conversion. We're living in a fake fukking world, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it wsa to be discovered that transgendred people really are born in the wrong body because of things the mother was exposed to during pregnancy. I would think religious people especially would be shouting for a right proper holy war the likes of which the world has never seen. 

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

did it ever occur to you listening to her, that there might be something to the whole concept of past lives? The very thing you described has been talked about since long before the old testament even...

Cleve, you cannot criticize the Bible due to a lack of evidence while proposing things such as past lives on no evidence as well.

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

...What people also don't want to acknowledge but modern science understands more of now, is that sex of the baby is determined by certain chemicals. We ingest multitudes of synthetic chemicals anymore in all the products we consume. That's why there's such an abundance of male pattern breast tissue, it's the chemicals that make men sensitive to estrogen production because they block the receptor sites for testosterone and dht conversion. We're living in a fake fukking world, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it wsa to be discovered that transgendred people really are born in the wrong body because of things the mother was exposed to during pregnancy. I would think religious people especially would be shouting for a right proper holy war the likes of which the world has never seen. 

As far as I know, the only chemical that plays a role in sexual differentiation in humans is deoxyribonucleic acid. While its true that there are certain species of amphibians and reptiles that can physically and genetically alter their sex through environmental effects such as temperature, pH, etc., we are humans and our sexual determination does not operate like that. Human biological gender is determined at the moment of conception, because that is when a new embryo has it's full set of complementary genes. In order to be a human male, you must possess several genes that are found almost exclusively on the Y chromosome. You can pump a man full of estrogen and lob his knob off, but at the end of the day, all you are doing is artificially trying to suppress phenotypical traits that originate from the Y chromosome in every cell of his body.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Cleve, you cannot criticize the Bible due to a lack of evidence while proposing things such as past lives on no evidence as well.

There is no scientific evidence for that, it's just something that's been talked about plainly since well before the OT. That one was just for OBF. 

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

As far as I know, the only chemical that plays a role in sexual differentiation in humans is deoxyribonucleic acid. While its true that there are certain species of amphibians and reptiles that can physically and genetically alter their sex through environmental effects such as temperature, pH, etc., we are humans and our sexual determination does not operate like that. Human biological gender is determined at the moment of conception, because that is when a new embryo has it's full set of complementary genes. In order to be a human male, you must possess several genes that are found almost exclusively on the Y chromosome. You can pump a man full of estrogen and lob his knob off, but at the end of the day, all you are doing is artificially trying to suppress phenotypical traits that originate from the Y chromosome in every cell of his body.

You can look at gender in several different ways. Being XX or XY makes you female or male, of course, but there’s actually more to it than that. For instance, you could be genetically female, genitally female (i.e. you have a normal vagina), but if the hormones produced by your sex organs (gonads) have been more male than usual, these would influence your brain type and thus your sex-typical behavior.

Or you could be a man, chromosomally and genitally male, who develops female-typical behaviour (and appearance) because of more female hormones in the womb. The mechanism that turns the embryo’s genetic sex into the adult male or female depends on an immensely complex interplay of genetic, psychological, social and, naturally, hormonal factors. The chief hormonal factor is the influ­ence of testosterone in the womb.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

You can look at gender in several different ways. Being XX or XY makes you female or male, of course, but there’s actually more to it than that. For instance, you could be genetically female, genitally female (i.e. you have a normal vagina), but if the hormones produced by your sex organs (gonads) have been more male than usual, these would influence your brain type and thus your sex-typical behavior.

Or you could be a man, chromosomally and genitally male, who develops female-typical behaviour (and appearance) because of more female hormones in the womb. The mechanism that turns the embryo’s genetic sex into the adult male or female depends on an immensely complex interplay of genetic, psychological, social and, naturally, hormonal factors. The chief hormonal factor is the influ­ence of testosterone in the womb.

Again, you're referring to subjective feelings, not biological objective reality. These hormone and other chemical reactions taking place in the womb are a biological factor that influence subjective feelings and perception. They do not change the objective reality of XX/XY sexual dimorphism. Look up the case of David Reimer if you want an example of this. 

9 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Again, you're referring to subjective feelings, not biological objective reality. These hormone and other chemical reactions taking place in the womb are a biological factor that influence subjective feelings and perception. They do not change the objective reality of XX/XY sexual dimorphism. Look up the case of David Reimer if you want an example of this. 

His parents destroyed his life.

19 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Tex, are you a Medical Doctor in Psychiatry? if not, I don't see how you can make such a diagnosis.  Even if you were, without actually interviewing him in person it would not be possible.

Psychiatrists and other mental health professionals have been asked many times times since Donald Trump began running for president to diagnose him with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. However, thanks to the Goldwater Rule, it is unethical for a psychiatrist or psychotherapist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has seen the patient and has been granted authorization for such a statement. Still, therapists and shrinks offer their opinions: Psychologist John Gartner writes, “Donald Trump’s malignant narcissism is toxic,” despite the fact that many who have broken the Goldwater Rule in the past have not only been reprimanded but kicked out of the APA.

And although I’m not going to diagnose him, I’ll give you some good reasons why many therapists would not give Trump a diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or NPD.

First of all, let’s define NPD: According to DSM 5, the newest “bible” that defines and classifies mental disorders, in order to qualify for a diagnosis of NPD, the following criteria must be met:

1. Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance

2. Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it

3. Exaggerating achievements and talents

4. Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

5. Believing that you one is superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people

6. Requiring constant admiration

7. Having a sense of entitlement

8. Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations

9. Taking advantage of others to get what you want

10. Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

11. Being envious of others and believing others envy you

12. Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

did anyone else just shake their heads at how oerfectly Trump hits on all the facets of NPD? like he nails every single requirement dead nuts

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I guess you didn't read  the article.

no i did. i read the guy making excuses and conjuring alrernative realities where trump doesnt fit npd disorder. Im just not buying. I can see it with my own eyes and smell it with my own nose. That list has been the dudes m.o since the 80's and YOU know it.

guarantee u used to.think the guy was a worthless pos.in the 80's and 90's when his  life was a pure soap opera and ge xarried himself like a classless kunt

Archived