THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump Chooses Science Over the Biology Deniers:

OldBrownsFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the American College of Pediatricians is in fact a small, socially conservative advocacy group. Not the leading group of Pediatricians in the US. That's the American Academy of Pediatrics, which, as you might have guessed, has a much different view on transgender individuals.

Of course, it's easier to just read what you want to hear, and then say it's from a reputable group, without looking into it. Why would anyone do that? 

What Obama policies are changing, and to what, I don't know. But posting quotes from another "trick" conservative "expert" group is played out.

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, the American College of Pediatricians is in fact a small, socially conservative advocacy group. Not the leading group of Pediatricians in the US. That's the American Academy of Pediatrics, which, as you might have guessed, has a much different view on transgender individuals.

Of course, it's easier to just read what you want to hear, and then say it's from a reputable group, without looking into it. Why would anyone do that? 

What Obama policies are changing, and to what, I don't know. But posting quotes from another "trick" conservative "expert" group is played out.

You can say your eyes are brown. But if your eyes are blue, that doesn't make it so.

Instead of fighting it, conservatives should just let it all burn itself out. Once people are saying they can swap genders by the hour and must have consent to change a baby’s diaper etc., they are jumping the shark. Stand back and watch it all fall on its face. Throwing a fit just makes you look bad when you can just let the ultra left weed themselves out.

18 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Instead of fighting it, conservatives should just let it all burn itself out. Once people are saying they can swap genders by the hour and must have consent to change a baby’s diaper etc., they are jumping the shark. Stand back and watch it all fall on its face. Throwing a fit just makes you look bad when you can just let the ultra left weed themselves out.

You are not wrong but in the meantime:

BIOLOGICAL MALE WINS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN WOMEN’S CYCLING

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/14/biological-male-wins-womens-world-cycling-championship/

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You are not wrong but in the meantime:

BIOLOGICAL MALE WINS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN WOMEN’S CYCLING

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/14/biological-male-wins-womens-world-cycling-championship/

Conservatives don’t have to say a peep. Let this sort of goof sh-it happen enough and even lefties will start to push back against the extreme end. I bet every woman involved has reconsidered their position on things.

22 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Conservatives don’t have to say a peep. Let this sort of goof sh-it happen enough and even lefties will start to push back against the extreme end. I bet every woman involved has reconsidered their position on things.

I think you're kidding yourself if you believe it will just Fade Out. There are always going to be 0 0 0 point 1% of a-holes who want to shock and offend and a good chunk of idiots who think it's cool to support them. Like you know who. They will be continuously looking for a new and bigger outrage and Mayors like DeBlasio will be happy to sign that crap.

WSS

58 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I think you're kidding yourself if you believe it will just Fade Out. There are always going to be 0 0 0 point 1% of a-holes who want to shock and offend and a good chunk of idiots who think it's cool to support them. Like you know who. They will be continuously looking for a new and bigger outrage and Mayors like DeBlasio will be happy to sign that crap.

WSS

I think they will run out of goodwill. Accommodating make believe to the point of inconvenience will wear normal people out. Stupid kids who support it will get old and too tied up with life to keep up the facade.

18 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I think they will run out of goodwill. Accommodating make believe to the point of inconvenience will wear normal people out. Stupid kids who support it will get old and too tied up with life to keep up the facade.

Could be. Of course we've had generation after generation including my own, who thought some pretty stupid things that we grew out of. I don't know if there have been any that are stupider then believing you can decide what sex you actually are.

WSS

I agree that, biologically speaking, there are only two genders in humans (3 if you include genetically intersex people).

However, I also find it amusing that people who believe that the Earth/Universe is >6000 years old, that all species of the animal kingdom could fit on a wooden boat, that believe that the Earth stopped rotating to aid a battle, etc - are now deciding to lecture on the merits of biology and other science.

From,

Your friendly neighborhood biologist.

9 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I agree that, biologically speaking, there are only two genders in humans (3 if you include genetically intersex people).

However, I also find it amusing that people who believe that the Earth/Universe is >6000 years old, that all species of the animal kingdom could fit on a wooden boat, that believe that the Earth stopped rotating to aid a battle, etc - are now deciding to lecture on the merits of biology and other science.

From,

Your friendly neighborhood biologist.

Pff, What do you know anyway?

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Pff, What do you know anyway?

I know enough to know that I don't know nearly enough, as Socrates would say.

However, I do know that the proposition that fitting all roughly 6.5 million species of land animals onto a roughly 500' x 90'x 50' wooden boat built by pre-bronze age nomads gives me skeptical hippo eyes.

everyone acknowledges that "physically" speaking there are only two genders. THe point transgender people make is that they were born to the wrong physical sex. That's their imperative to decide that, not ours. Does that entitle anyone to walk into the opposite sex bathroom when they feel like? No. But if someone makes the transition, like Bruce...he/she should be able to use the ladies room. Thta's clearly not a man anymore, he's gone through enough of the hormone therapy. 

37 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

everyone acknowledges that "physically" speaking there are only two genders. THe point transgender people make is that they were born to the wrong physical sex. That's their imperative to decide that, not ours. Does that entitle anyone to walk into the opposite sex bathroom when they feel like? No. But if someone makes the transition, like Bruce...he/she should be able to use the ladies room. Thta's clearly not a man anymore, he's gone through enough of the hormone therapy. 

Except the Y chromosome in every cell of his body argues the contrary. Being a man and going through gender reassignment surgery doesn't make you a woman, it makes you a man with his coc.k and balls lobbed off.

58 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Two genders? Expand your mind. New York city recognizes 31 different genders:

List of 31 genders in New York City:

1. Bi-gendered
  2. Cross-dresser
  3. Drag King
  4. Drag Queen
  5. Femme Queen
  6. Female-to-Male
  7. FTM
  8. Gender Bender
  9. Genderqueer
  10. Male-to-Female
  11. MTF
  12. Non-Op
  13. HIJRA
  14. Pangender
  15. Transexual/Transsexual
  16. Trans Person
  17. Woman
  18. Man
  19. Butch
  20. Two-Spirit
  21. Trans
  22. Agender
  23. Third Sex
  24. Gender Fluid
  25. Non-Binary Transgender
  26. Androgyne
  27. Gender Gifted
  28. Gender Blender
  29. Femme
  30. Person of Transgender Experience
  31. Androgynous

http://trove42.com/new-york-city-recognizes-31-gender-identities/

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So is it a distinction between sex and gender then? Or whatever the correct terms are. With one being biological and the other being mental (which I guess is also genetics too).

Not really.

Just because I "feel" like a brontosaurus, that doesn't magically make me Littlefoot.

Subjective feelings =/= objective reality.

25 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Except the Y chromosome in every cell of his body argues the contrary. Being a man and going through gender reassignment surgery doesn't make you a woman, it makes you a man with his coc.k and balls lobbed off.

im not disagreeing. What im saying is if someone has gone thorugh that therapy they've proven that they are an actual transgendered person and not someone who's just trying to throw on some pantyhose and a wig and go into the female restroom. 

Just now, jbluhm86 said:

Not really.

Just because I "feel" like a brontosaurus, that doesn't magically make me Littlefoot.

Subjective feelings =/= objective reality.

And I'm not claiming that a man that feels they're a woman is genetically a woman. I get that. But their genetics are also leading them to believe they aren't a man, so what is that considered? 

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

im not disagreeing. What im saying is if someone has gone thorugh that therapy they've proven that they are an actual transgendered person and not someone who's just trying to throw on some pantyhose and a wig and go into the female restroom. 

I think most sane people realize that. Unfortunately that seems like it's a minority of this board. 

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So that's Ben "debating" someone much less prepared and less intelligent than him. Of course he "destroyed" her lol. She wasn't ready for any of that, regardless which side is "right".

I would give her an A for persistence....she should get a participation trophy.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So that's Ben "debating" someone much less prepared and less intelligent than him. Of course he "destroyed" her lol. She wasn't ready for any of that, regardless which side is "right".

Relative intelligence aside, you are side-stepping the meat of his argument.

For example, I was born in 1986, but why am I not 65 instead of 32 years old? I can claim that I'm 65 years old, and - with every fiber of my being- subjectively "feel" like I'm genuinely 65 years old, but the objective facts are that i'm 32 years old because my biological being was born 32 years ago.

The same principle can be applied to gender and biological sex; they aren't two completely separate entities. Bruce Jenner may personally believe that he feels like a woman and has even had surgery to configure his physiology to resemble that of a woman's, but it is just a facsimile of a woman's body, not the real thing. At the end of the day, he's still a man who's pretending to be a woman; much like Chaz Bono is a woman pretending to be a man. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be respected as human beings and be denied the rights that all human being are entitled to, but humoring their respective delusions just to placate their feelings doesn't sync with objective reality.

Archived