THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK

Zombo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

58bde1724ce1fb3e3caac78eeaa34d52.jpg

Fans? MYnQ.gif Ben getting to sidelines after 4AYe.gif                                                                                            Brokeback Mountain has nothing on this Hillbilly Hill 

I think two weeks ago, I would've been pumped for this week.  Now I'm like, "Uh oh."   LOL

However, when you look at our record, it's hard not to daydream what a win does for us.  It takes a lot of our problems away.  And you know what?  Each year a team generally has a game where everything goes right.  The defense plays well, the offense blows up, and everything is in sync.  We haven't had THAT game in quite some time.  Let's make it Sunday.  Just beat the pizz out of the Steelers at home.  12 years ago or so, I flew to a Sunday Night NFL game in Pittsburgh, when Tim Couch and the Browns took on the Steelers.  We beat them down so bad, and it was the absolute best sporting event I've ever attended.  Perhaps the Browns should fly me out?  Hahaha

I felt the Browns were gonna beat the Ravens. I wish I would have called it but I’m kind of superstitious . 

Last week before the Bucs game I remember saying to fam  “we’re probably going to lose this game” just to prepare myself mentally to be 2-4-1. 

27-20 Browns win. Everything just clicks this week.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:27 PM, The Gipper said:

She would look better bent over from behind 

Gip your mind is in the gutter again......you're 100% right of course but in the gutter. Hmmmm, that shirt would make a nice clean up rag.....oh nevermind.

63297e6fbfdc14107b1f7f763ecf78ab.jpg

I hate even typing this, but we could be walking straight into the NFL’s version of “Deliverance”.  It really doesn’t look good at all.  I just hope our players aren’t squealing like pigs come 4th quarter, LOL.  On the surface, it actually looks ok, right?  A 2-4-1 team visiting a 3-2-1 team…nothing too concerning.  But then you start to look a little bit deeper.  You realize we didn’t get Gaines back from concussion protocol, which REALLY kills us.  You see that Randall didn’t practice AT ALL during the week, and while he’s still expected to play, you have to figure he’s not anywhere close to 100%.  We’re supermodel thin in our secondary, and if Randall can’t play for whatever reason, I don’t even KNOW who will take his place.  I think we have some DB that plays special teams only, but I don’t remember his name.  What I DO know is he hasn’t taken a freaking snap this year outside of special teams, and we’re going up against a prolific passing offense with a ton of weapons.  Making matters worse, we’re play IN Pittsburgh, and oh by the way, the Steelers are healthy and they’ve won two in a row.  Lovely. 

You have to obviously still play the game, and it’s true that anything can happen, but if we’re going to win, or keep it CLOSE, we’re going to need POINTS.  It’s time to break the “no TD’s in the first quarter” crap, stop getting cute near the goal line, and limit the penalties or we’ll get blown out, sure as anything.  I think it’s safe to say we’re not getting 6 turnovers this week, so we need to capitalize on the ones we DO get.  We also need the defense to score one of these turnovers.  It’s hard to believe we haven’t run one back. 

Big Ben has been sacked only 9 times this year.  Not good.  Hopefully Myles and Ogbah can put together another strong game because they both looked VERY good last week.  And as much as I’d love to say the defense is going to have another strong game, I think that would be wishful thinking.  Having a beat up secondary against THIS team sounds like murder.  To me, this game is all about our offense.  If we have another punt-fest in the first half, you can forget about it. 

Win or lose, I’m still excited to see Baker play.  Obviously this is quite a challenge for him, and playing at Pittsburgh has made a fool of lots of QB’s.  I remember Kizer playing miserably last year at first, then he really picked it up.  Hopefully Baker starts off quick and continues making sound decisions with the ball, because if he doesn’t, well….you know. 

Let's go, boys.  Keep our season "alive" and away from the putrid negativity we're all so used to.  A win here makes so many things SO MUCH BETTER!  Hit that deep ball to Callaway.  Return that INT for a TD.  Catch that 3rd down pass in the 1st quarter (ahem, Njoku).  Finish those goal lines play with a TD, and force them into settling for FG's.  And win the game.  

I am worried our star qb gets wrecked this week.   Steeler defense 2nd in sacks and we are 1st in sacks given up.

Stats dont favor us.

Garrett needs to be in bens face all day for us to have a chance.

Our O line is weak...hopefully the are scheming this week.

Archived