THE BROWNS BOARD

Patrick Peterson requests trade

LondonBrown

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Him and Ward outside with Ogbah, Myles and Larry up front is very tempting for our pass defense. Opposing QBs would find it  tough

I think it would be worth looking at what they want.   Especially if you could get him for less than a 1st.

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I think it would be worth looking at what they want.   Especially if you could get him for less than a 1st.

Certainly can’t hurt. What would you guess is the asking price? 

Just now, LondonBrown said:

Certainly can’t hurt. What would you guess is the asking price? 

A first. He is better than Amari Cooper and they just traded him for a first. 

Larry fitz is a very short term fix to a long term problem. We’re not in a position to give up any trade assets for him. 

Peterson is different he’s 28 an elite player at a premium position in his prime. I’m sure we’ll be calling. 

Does he only want to go to a “contender” though? 

40 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Ward and Peterson would be a tantalizing combination...

But it doesn’t seem like something Dorsey would do. Maybe if we had a slightly better record..? idk

He's not a short term fix though.  He would be a cornerstone of the defense for 5 years or more possibly.  

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Larry fitz is a very short term fix to a long term problem. We’re not in a position to give up any trade assets for him. 

Peterson is different he’s 28 an elite player at a premium position in his prime. I’m sure we’ll be calling. 

Does he only want to go to a “contender” though? 

What makes you think the Browns are not a contender in the AFCN?  Steelers are 3-2-1, Ravens and Bengals are 4-3, Browns are 2-4-1.  By my reckoning that means they are only 1.5 games out of the division lead, with  4 more division games to go. Plus, they actually own the best division record to this point.

IF they got a Peterson....it would mean they WOULD in my opinion be a contender, as one of our biggest problems is the need for a shut down corner.

And if you look long term, it looks even better for the Browns.

Fair to say?

Just now, The Gipper said:

What makes you think the Browns are not a contender in the AFCN?  Steelers are 3-2-1, Ravens and Bengals are 4-3, Browns are 2-4-1.  By my reckoning that means they are only 1.5 games out of the division lead, with  4 more division games to go.

IF they got a Peterson....it would mean they WOULD in my opinion be a contender, as one of our biggest problems is the need for a shut down corner.

Fair to say?

Hue Jackson is mainly why we aren’t a contender 

I have zero problem with trading for Peterson I said it’s Larry Fitz who is not worth trading for. 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What makes you think the Browns are not a contender in the AFCN?  Steelers are 3-2-1, Ravens and Bengals are 4-3, Browns are 2-4-1.  By my reckoning that means they are only 1.5 games out of the division lead, with  4 more division games to go.

And if you look long term, it looks even better for the Browns.

Fair to say?

I agree.

Apparently he wants to play for New Orleans according to the ESPN report just now.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

I agree.

Apparently he wants to play for New Orleans according to the ESPN report just now.

What makes him think he can dictate a trade like that? When will he be a free agent?

(I guess he did attend  LSU, no?  And that is why he wants NOLA? He wants to be Dorothy?)

8 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Facts don’t lie Gip, anyone expecting him to suddenly turn into a good HC is kidding themselves. 

2FF1852F-0DDE-48E8-82A9-E84935FA63F4.jpeg

Correct me if I am wrong....but didn't Bert Bell go on to become the Commissioner of the NFL?

He did...see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bert_Bell

Now, that would be a perfect job for Hue.....Not Commish...but some job in the NFL office as a coffee fetcher.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

I agree.

Let's face it. He wants to play for a team that has a shot at a SB win, not the woeful Browns with Huey Loser.

Cards GM has zero interest in trading Peterson.

Peterson wants a trade because he wants to win a Championship... now... so that kinda eliminates us.

51 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Cards GM has zero interest in trading Peterson.

Peterson wants a trade because he wants to win a Championship... now... so that kinda eliminates us.

Nevertheless, he has  like 2.5 years left on his deal.   He would have to go wherever he is traded to.

I think he really just want New Orleans, because it is home....and because they have a fair chance at getting to the Super Bowl.

As for eliminating the Browns.....maybe for 2018, but FYI, with the right people, i.e. QB particularly, coaches in place, a quick turnaround is highly possible. Patriots went from 5-11 to Super Bowl Champs with BB/TB  Rams went from 4-12 to Super Bowl Champs with Vermeil/Warner  Look at the Rams just two years ago..and where McKay/Goff have them now.  They were awful 2 years ago.   Browns went from  5-11 in 1984 to 8-8 in 1985 to 12-4 in 1986 with the right coach/QB combo.

Could this happen with Browns?  I believe so.  (but not with this coach....hell....give me Jeff Fisher instead)

Edit:  and think what the Browns had at DB back then: Dixon/Minnifield.    Peterson/Ward?  Could surpass that duo.

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Edit:  and think what the Browns had at DB back then: Dixon/Minnifield.    Peterson/Ward?  Could surpass that duo.

Dixon/Minnifield are the couple of defenders that started all the dawg pound thing?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Is that a question?   The answer is yes, they are.

Thank you. Bear in mind that I didn't know the Browns did even exist till around 10 years ago...

Here you can also look at data on the 13 Championships won by Cleveland/Northeast Ohio teams.  (13 is the most in history....tied with Green Bay)

1964 Cleveland Browns (NFL,10-3-1), 

1955NFLCleveland Browns (NFL,9-2-1)

1954NFLCleveland Browns (NFL,9-3)

1950NFLCleveland Browns (NFL,10-2)

1949 Cleveland Browns (AAFC,9-1-2)

1948 Cleveland Browns (AAFC,14-0)

1947 Cleveland Browns (AAFC,12-1-1)

194Cleveland Browns (AAFC,12-2)

1945NFLCleveland Rams (NFL,9-1)1)2)

1924NFLCleveland Bulldogs (NFL,7-1-1)

1923NFLCanton Bulldogs (NFL,11-0-1)

1922NFLCanton Bulldogs (NFL,10-0-2)

1920APFAAkron Pros (APFA,8-0-3)

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Let's face it. He wants to play for a team that has a shot at a SB win, not the woeful Browns with Huey Loser.

But he's under contract, as was pointed out. Would the Cards take a lesser deal, just to make him happy? Our first round pick will be way better than the Saints should Dorsey think it's worth giving up that much.

Archived