THE BROWNS BOARD

1 wr choice gone

beare

1 wr choice gone

Cowboys acquired WR Amari Cooper from the Raiders in exchange for a first-round pick.

The 3-4 Cowboys — who have featured an unwatchable passing offense this season — are going for it while the 1-5 Raiders are accelerating their tank in year one of coach Jon Gruden's 10-year, $100 million contract. One of the most inscrutable players in football, Cooper has baffled the past two seasons after beginning his career with back-to-back 1,000-yard campaigns, but he is still only 24 with loads of talent. There are better offenses he could have joined in terms of goosing his production, but he will be the centerpiece of the Cowboys' previously receiver-desperate attack.

dallas is crazy cooper isnt worth a first rounder!

Might be a good move for the Cowboys. Get a proven receiver for a #1  or draft a possible Wr at #1. We all know how they look at the college level, and how many actually bring the "worth" of a #1 to the next level, and meet the overall expectations. It's a crap shoot, so with that, I think Dallas probably did the right thing.

Ouch. Raiders win that one  

What are the Cowboys planning on paying Cooper, who seems to have got worse every year, when his rookie deal ends next year? They’ve given up a first so this extension is going to cost a fortune. 

Just now, The Gipper said:

Gruden is stockpiling first round picks.

The next to go likely is Carr.

I think he must want  all "his guys"  when they end up in Vegas.

I can’t see anyone taking that Carr contract on 

Apparently Karl Joseph is next out 

terrible move by cowboys.  Cooper may or may not be equal to what you get in terms of production/value going forward compared to a mid first round pick, but with a first round pick you have a signing bonus, then 4 affordable years and then a sorta pricier option year.  With cooper you have the 14 million next year and then a huge extension

26 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

terrible move by cowboys.  Cooper may or may not be equal to what you get in terms of production/value going forward compared to a mid first round pick, but with a first round pick you have a signing bonus, then 4 affordable years and then a sorta pricier option year.  With cooper you have the 14 million next year and then a huge extension

However they are out one high priced guy in Dez so.....................

4 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Thats an amazing move. Josh Gordon for a 5th, and Cooper for a 1st.

Take notes Dorsey. Sell players to desperate teams, not the Patriots.

For what Gordon did to us, we should of sent him to the Siberia of the NFL (Buffalo)

Only BB was willing to take a chance on a proven slacker. I doubt Dorsey found any other lookers below the 5th round option we were gifted. I'm positive he was sure trying though.

Archived