Jump to content
CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS

As Cleveland Browns fans...

Recommended Posts

We should find a way to stay excited.

This is the BEST place this team has been since almost making the playoffs in 2007. 

Sure, the team is only 2-4-1...and could be this, or could be that.

This team has competed every week besides the one yearly “bad week”, which every NFL team is susceptible to during the course of the season. 

The defense is the foundation, with EXTREMELY promising players across the board. 

The offense is finding its identity, and we actually have a true competitor for a quarterback. 

It’s hard not to get caught up in whether or not the coach/coaches should be fired, I get it, nobody likes losing.

The fact of the matter is that these talented young players are learning and growing every week.... and the future is VERY BRIGHT. Stay positive, folks.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point the light at the end of the tunnel does not appear to be a freight train...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

At this point the light at the end of the tunnel does not appear to be a freight train...

There is plenty to be positive about with this team despite how heartbreaking these losses are this year.    I'm not sure Hue is the guy to lead us to the next level but I do think there are a lot of positives with the team this year.   I don't question his decision making as much this year as I have in past years, maybe not calling plays is helping him make better choices.   I do think (and said so in the Tavern at the time) that he should've taken the points at the end of the half.   I realize that Baker shouldn't fumble there, but it also was a good play by the defensive player as well to catch him from behind.   I think putting 3 points on the board would've helped change some momentum going into halftime.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mark O said:

There is plenty to be positive about with this team despite how heartbreaking these losses are this year.    I'm not sure Hue is the guy to lead us to the next level but I do think there are a lot of positives with the team this year.   I don't question his decision making as much this year as I have in past years, maybe not calling plays is helping him make better choices.   I do think (and said so in the Tavern at the time) that he should've taken the points at the end of the half.   I realize that Baker shouldn't fumble there, but it also was a good play by the defensive player as well to catch him from behind.   I think putting 3 points on the board would've helped change some momentum going into halftime.

i totally agree.....should have taken the points......that is why i don't like hue.....with those points we could have won....and we would be in the thick of things in the afc north....can't do that...this is what will get hue fired...too many bad decisions....and lack of discipline.....at this point, he is not the one to lead us.....i think this weeks game against the steelers is hugh...we lose this one and i think huey will be toast next week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree and think we should’ve taken the points, but at that point in the game, I can understand why an offensive minded guy would want more than 3 points. It just didn’t make sense because our offense had 0 momentum in the first half.

That’s why he’s the HC, to get questioned for calls like that. And to handle it. Which is what he does relatively well.

Hopefully next time, he takes the points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I totally agree and think we should’ve taken the points, but at that point in the game, I can understand why an offensive minded guy would want more than 3 points. It just didn’t make sense because our offense had 0 momentum in the first half.

That’s why he’s the HC, to get questioned for calls like that. And to handle it. Which is what he does relatively well.

Hopefully next time, he takes the points. 

He actually doesn't handle it well.  He deflects blame onto others, either players or other coaches.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

At this point the light at the end of the tunnel does not appear to be a freight train...

Just an M1A Abrams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this season as a possible analogy to the Browns  1984 season, where the Browns were basically going nowhere with their "nice guy....probably in over his head coach".   Yes, I think that is what Sam was.   But they got him out of there, and hired a guy with a tougher attitude and a tougher mindset.  Plus they went and got them a young franchise QB....and then went on to win like 4 division titles in a row, and went to 3 AFC title games.

Now the question is:   who can be this team's next Marty.   The direct analogy would say Greg Williams.  Not sure about that...but maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Now the question is:   who can be this team's next Marty.   The direct analogy would say Greg Williams.  Not sure about that...but maybe.

I want a head coach that is more than a very good regular season head coach whose teams continually Sheet the bed in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I want a head coach that is more than a very good regular season head coach whose teams continually Sheet the bed in the playoffs. 

NSS. But who would that be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I want a head coach that is more than a very good regular season head coach whose teams continually Sheet the bed in the playoffs. 

I'd like to have the opportunity to worry about shitting the bed in the playoffs.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

NSS. But who would that be 

That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

I'm sure that will be hotly debated come New Year's and beyond on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'd like to have the opportunity to worry about shitting the bed in the playoffs.

It would had been interesting if there had been message boards back then with Marty's defenses that always seemed to fold at crunch time of playoff games. It would have been rather testy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It would had been interesting if there had been message boards back then with Marty's defenses that always seemed to fold at crunch time of playoff games. It would have been rather testy. 

In reality that only ever happened in one game the Drive game. It wasn’t really happening any other time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I see this season as a possible analogy to the Browns  1984 season, where the Browns were basically going nowhere with their "nice guy....probably in over his head coach".   Yes, I think that is what Sam was.   But they got him out of there, and hired a guy with a tougher attitude and a tougher mindset.  Plus they went and got them a young franchise QB....and then went on to win like 4 division titles in a row, and went to 3 AFC title games.

Now the question is:   who can be this team's next Marty.   The direct analogy would say Greg Williams.  Not sure about that...but maybe.

He certainly has Marty's lack of discipline and back-breaking penalty part nailed down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mark O said:

He actually doesn't handle it well.  He deflects blame onto others, either players or other coaches.  

OC deserves blame if OC makes dumb playcalls, so I agree with his words.

Players make dumb plays, they deserve blame. Like Myles pushing a guy in the back when we could’ve BEAT the Steelers week 1 with a chip shot field goal in OT, Hue probably didn’t even single him out for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

In reality that only ever happened in one game the Drive game. It wasn’t really happening any other time. 

How was the defense the next season in Denver Gip? The one that allowed 38 points?

How about the playoff game vs Miami in '85? Browns had a 21-3 lead, then let Marino march up and down the field at will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I see this season as a possible analogy to the Browns  1984 season, where the Browns were basically going nowhere with their "nice guy....probably in over his head coach".   Yes, I think that is what Sam was.   But they got him out of there, and hired a guy with a tougher attitude and a tougher mindset.  Plus they went and got them a young franchise QB....and then went on to win like 4 division titles in a row, and went to 3 AFC title games.

Now the question is:   who can be this team's next Marty.   The direct analogy would say Greg Williams.  Not sure about that...but maybe.

Yes, Sam was a good guy and a smart coach. He did have one thing on Hue though, he won football games. Hue just can’t. Sam couldn’t win the big one but won enough to get there. This dumpster of a head coach is just a loser in all regards. 

I don’t see next years head coach on the team now. I am of the opinion this whole coaching staff is gone. They earned it with their record

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

We should find a way to stay excited.

This is the BEST place this team has been since almost making the playoffs in 2007. 

Sure, the team is only 2-4-1...and could be this, or could be that.

This team has competed every week besides the one yearly “bad week”, which every NFL team is susceptible to during the course of the season. 

The defense is the foundation, with EXTREMELY promising players across the board. 

The offense is finding its identity, and we actually have a true competitor for a quarterback. 

It’s hard not to get caught up in whether or not the coach/coaches should be fired, I get it, nobody likes losing.

The fact of the matter is that these talented young players are learning and growing every week.... and the future is VERY BRIGHT. Stay positive, folks.

 

F7782260-70C3-4AC7-8989-D0A81026B6D3.mov

Not to burst your bubble of enthusiasm, but your premise is not based in reality. The teams is in the EXACT same place as it was last year. Last Place. Your post is filled with euphemisms and useless rhetoric. The offense is finding its identity? The defense is the foundation? The team has competed every week? The QB is a competitor? C'mon man, this is pure bullschidt. Excuses, and fabrications to once again explain why you cannot judge the Browns by the W-L columns.

Here is what I see. The Browns have no WR''s, they are lacking depth at RB, and Williams D can't stop a wall clock that isn't plugged in. Hue has created internal coaching turmoil by throwing Haley under the Bus. Add to that the Browns will most likely lose the next 2 games and go to 2--6-1. The final insult to injury is that Hue Jackson is not going to be fired any time soon. Sorry man, your optimism does not seem to be based in reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

He certainly has Marty's lack of discipline and back-breaking penalty part nailed down.

You are basing your opinion about Marty on one single solitary set of downs or one drive Of his entire career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are basing your opinion about Marty on one single solitary set of downs or one drive Of his entire career

No, I am basing my opinion on Marty's entire career as a choker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

No, I am basing my opinion on Marty's entire career as a choker.

I am of the opinion that the Browns, in those days, despite having  Dixon/Minnifield and Matthews and Banks on defense, their defensive line was just not very good.  You had a decent  Nose tackle in Bob Golic,  but their best pass rusher was Carl Hairston.

So, to my mind some of the issues on that defense were a GM not getting sufficient talent issue....as much or more as an HC issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First... thanks to all who seem to have eliminated quoting you-know-who...

19 hours ago, Mark O said:

There is plenty to be positive about with this team despite how heartbreaking these losses are this year.    I'm not sure Hue is the guy to lead us to the next level but I do think there are a lot of positives with the team this year.   I don't question his decision making as much this year as I have in past years, maybe not calling plays is helping him make better choices.   I do think (and said so in the Tavern at the time) that he should've taken the points at the end of the half.   I realize that Baker shouldn't fumble there, but it also was a good play by the defensive player as well to catch him from behind.   I think putting 3 points on the board would've helped change some momentum going into halftime.

No doubt the talent level of this team has increased. We are still young, however, for me it is going to be the signs of maturation, or the lack thereof, from this week on that will determine our Staff's fate.

I was going to say "maturation in the 2nd half of the season", but we are seeing our first opponent for the second time this week, so I think the clock starts now.

 

As for going for the TD on 4th & goal late in the 1st half... at the time I liked the decision. The play call? Not so much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm taking my kids to the falcons game on 11/11. Their first browns game. It was either that or Kansas City. We have a decent chance to beat or at least look competitive with Atlanta so Atlanta it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Not to burst your bubble of enthusiasm, but your premise is not based in reality. The 

Here is what I see. The Browns have no WR''s, they are lacking depth at RB, and Williams D can't stop a wall clock that isn't plugged in. Hue has created internal coaching turmoil by throwing Haley under the Bus. Add to that the Browns will most likely lose the next 2 games and go to 2--6-1. The final insult to injury is that Hue Jackson is not going to be fired any time soon. Sorry man, your optimism does not seem to be based in reality.

You didn’t burst anything. I would argue that your pessimism is not based in reality. I like what I’ve been seeing on the field, especially compared to the past two seasons, where I didn’t have the optimism to make an online post about my favorite team.

This team is actually fun to watch now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Cleveland Browns fans...we find ourselves hoping our moron HC will be fired so we might win one more game this season, while fans of other teams are hoping to win enough games to reach the playoffs. It's very familiar territory.....pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... and the no-quote streak is broken... :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and the no-quote streak is broken... :(

🐠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, the team is 2 - 4 -1 and about to get their azzes kicked to go to 2 - 6 - 1 before the bye. The head coach just threw Dorsey's new OC under the bus. They are fun to watch? yeah, for fans of the opposing team. I know some people (mods) who like to watch gay porn, but that doesn't mean it is good. The Steelers will crush the Browns Sunday.

OC has made very questionable calls(double screen on 1st down in overtime[where OT held because Baker didn’t throw it], or run on first down after a turnover[great time for a shotplay to win the game] why not try a fly to Callaway? I would wanna step in and help at that point, too)

I am optimistic and I KNOW this team isn’t likely to make the playoffs. I’m excited for the future, my guy.

Sundays actually have meaning again, after 2 years of misery. 

AND stats don’t lie..

234AF276-831C-4DA3-889E-4F6BF36CD95A.thumb.png.439629b12dc19ef02dba055f9917e050.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically PFF's grades are not "stats"...

 

Just sayin'...

 

'cause you quoted he-who-shall-not-be-quoted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×