THE BROWNS BOARD

No one talking about the targeting hit on mayfield?

Kvoethe

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

We better get it figured out soon because the Steelers are just starting to get hot, like they ALWAYS DO, and they've got to be excited to see us.  Their defense is playing much better, they've won 2 in a row, and I think they lead the division.  Sadly, we could've been right up there with them, but we haven't made the plays.  Well, that and the Oakland ref screwed us.  This Pittsburgh game is probably the fork in the road for the season.  We win this, and the story could be positive for the next few weeks.  We lose, and it's going to be freaking ugly.  Fair or not, that's how it is.

Unfortunately you are right about how they are playing. And we are about to get run over by the train in the tunnel. 38-10 with 4-5 sacks on Baker. Just hope he survives it ok.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Unfortunately you are right about how they are playing. And we are about to get run over by the train in the tunnel. 38-10 with 4-5 sacks on Baker. Just hope he survives it ok.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking.  I’m HOPING we steal one.  Just come out the gates HOT and lay it on them without letting up.  Enough of these close games.  Enough of lamenting questionable/awful calls by the refs.  Just lay the freaking wood down on these turds.  Give us a reprieve from the constant “fire the coach” speak, and how the season is spiraling out of control, and the inevitable “draft talk” that follows our team every November.  We’re freaking DUE for a monster game.  Our defense is DUE for a touchdown.  It’s time to actually hit on some of these deep balls. 

I’m not saying it’s GOING to happen, but it’s past time for us to have a magical game.  Heck, even Buffalo had one against the Vikings.  Make it happen Browns.  Give the fans a few more weeks of talking football, and not talking about the impending doom that surrounds our current personnel.

I expect good things from Garrett, but you can bet the Steelers will be ready for him.  I’d bet money on Ogbah having a massive game Sunday.  I think they’ll pay so much attention to Garrett that Ogbah will have many opportunities to get to Ben.  Also, Ogbah is adept at swatting the ball out of the air.  It’s about time we took one of those deflections to the dang house.  I know I sound crazy, but this team has been very close.  It’s time for a complete game, and we need it NOW.   

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I think it's the picking up the flag that has so many people infuriated, more than anything.  It's one thing if a ref just blows the call.  Maybe his view is obstructed, perhaps the other guy wasn't in position, or the play appeared to be something it wasn't.  But to come in and pick UP the flag, that's just ridiculous.  This stat doesn't exist, but I'm willing to BET the Browns lead the league in "flags picked up by the refs".  What hurts the most, maybe, is that these calls seemingly ALWAYS get called against us, so to have one picked UP is so completely crazy.  I mean, that roughing the QB on Ogbah?!  Jesus man.  What about the game against Baltimore I think when we went for it on 4th down and Baker threw a long pass to Landry who wasn't there.  Landry wasn't THERE because he got absolutely leveled.  Not tangled up, not tripped, not accidentally taken down....he got TACKLED.  Even the announcers were going absolutely ballistic.  They called it uncatchable because the receiver wasn't in the area.  Well no kidding!  It's hard to be in the area when you get destroyed.  

Trust me, I know. I'll tell you this much, if this crap keeps happening this organization can't just let it go. 

Here's a good start though: http://www.footballzebras.com/2018/10/nfl-fires-down-judge-hugo-cruz/?fbclid=IwAR28NQekJxaDClqDjaDd8UoUnQl_i939kq3AUqKVxZ6w6G4LFTZn-pI_eHg

Fist time in the Super Bowl era a ref got fired mid-season. This missed false start was honestly the most egregious missed call I have ever seen watching football, and it's good the NFL is showing actions may have consequences. The long-term solution is that they need to expand what can be reviewed by the booth. Some penalties should always be off limits (PI, holding, etc) but that hit against Baker should get reviewed.

10 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Trust me, I know. I'll tell you this much, if this crap keeps happening this organization can't just let it go. 

Here's a good start though: http://www.footballzebras.com/2018/10/nfl-fires-down-judge-hugo-cruz/?fbclid=IwAR28NQekJxaDClqDjaDd8UoUnQl_i939kq3AUqKVxZ6w6G4LFTZn-pI_eHg

Fist time in the Super Bowl era a ref got fired mid-season. This missed false start was honestly the most egregious missed call I have ever seen watching football, and it's good the NFL is showing actions may have consequences. The long-term solution is that they need to expand what can be reviewed by the booth. Some penalties should always be off limits (PI, holding, etc) but that hit against Baker should get reviewed.

Link did not work for me.

6 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Jesus What about the game against Baltimore I think when we went for it on 4th down and Baker threw a long pass to Landry who wasn't there.  Landry wasn't THERE because he got absolutely leveled.  Not tangled up, not tripped, not accidentally taken down....he got TACKLED.  

That was the right call, the ball was thrown BEFORE the contact, and because it was so badly overthrown, it was uncatchable. I felt the same way you did, then I saw where the ball landed on a certain angle. About 20 yards downfield and out of bounds.

and here’s a pic, Hugo Cruz fired:

6BDECC7F-15C1-4B6E-AE2D-31FB379C54DC.png

Accountability... what a concept.

16 hours ago, BrownPile said:

Honestly, not the way I saw it.

Defender did what he was coached to do.  Mayfield was upright, trying for first down when defender 'launches' his body at what-would-have-been his chest.  Not trying to tackle, but create a collision impact.

Didn't look like he intended to hit him high and in the helmet.

Just how short do you think Baker is?

I get your point. We see offensive players bending over and thus lowering their heads (especially WRs) all the time setting up their own hits to their helmets, but...

The key is the head position of the tackler... and this one lowered his head.

Archived